MrExNavy Ship Skins - Overlays - Graphics

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MrExNavy #1 Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Greetings fellow shipmates!

Many of you already know that beside being the CO of Jolly Rogers Gaming, I do overlays and other graphics including headers, offline splash, buttons, logos and other such things for fellow streamers on Twitch that stream WoWS. They stream other games as well but mostly WoWS. You can visit my Twitch channel here. I have found myself in demand for all this and as a result wanted to give back to the community.

I'm going to start making custom ship skins. The skins will be free of charge for all WoWS players and streamers. You don't need to be a streamer for me to make your skins although it would be nice if you are so you can tell your viewers who made them for you. I thought about packing them in a .exe file to make it easy to install them but there are people that install their game in a different folder than the default so I decided against that and will just include a readme.txt file to explain how to install them for those that aren't familiar with installing ship skins.

Some people like to have their names and/or country flags or colors on their ships. Some like to be more historical. You decide what you want on your custom skin and I will make it for you. These take time to make so you have to be patient.

Requirements:

You must be a WoWS player.

No vulgar or obscene image may be used in your skin.

Limit one skin per player (exceptions may be made for Wargaming employees and partnered Twitch streamers for up to 3 skins)

You have to let me kill you in battle.... LOL Juuuust kidding!

Some questions I get:

Q. Can other people see my skins in game?

A. No. Not unless they have the same skin installed on their ships.

Q. Does a skin add any cammo value to my ship?

A. No. A skin merely changes how the ship looks on a cosmetic level.

Q. Does my ship lose the value of any cammo I select in game?

A. No. You ship still receives whatever cammo value for the cammo you select even though you yourself may not be able to see the cammo after the skin is installed. Others in the game will still be able to see your cammo.

Remember. These are custom skins that are tailored to you, not the generic skins you can download from any of the popular mods or mod packs.

How do I get my skin?

You can send me a pm here in the WoWS forums but to be honest, I don't regularly check my forum messages. The best way is to jump into our TeamSpeak so you can talk to me in person so I can get all the info for creating your skin. Our TS connection is simply ts.jollyrogersgaming.com with no port or password needed to connect. You can also visit our clan site where there is a TeamSpeak button on the right side of any page there that will open your TeamSpeak and bring you directly into our clan's TeamSpeak. You must have TeamSpeak installed and a headset with a mic to be able to talk to me. Have in mind the ship you want your skin for. I am also on Twitch just about everyday and you can send me a whisper there.

Have fun and see you soon!

Old salty dog. Ex Navy jet mech in VF-211 at NAS Miramar next to Top Gun and on-board the USS Constellation (CV-64) 76-81. Decorated for Shellback, Battle "E", Navy Sea Service and Cold War participant.

NikoPower #2 Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

This here is a legit fella. Post approved. :)

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Goodwood_Alpha #3 Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I used to do skins for IL-2 Sturmovik, but was seldom asked to custom make them for other folks. Probably because I wasn't big into squadrons during those days (much more so in Jane's WWII Fighters though), and made almost exclusively historical or semi-historical paint schemes and markings.

Still, good on you to offer up your services like this.

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

Apaosha #4 Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Can you post some screen shots of these skins you have made in the actual post?  Not all of them just a select couple you think players and forum goers would like...

WanderingGhost #5 Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:17 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

:great:

If I ever get a Belfast I may take you up on the offer to replace those Union Jacks with proper Irish tri-colours.

And if I do ever get into streaming or video making (maybe given I used to make AMV's and doesn't require people to hear my crap voice, cursing, and or see me when I go full potato) I'll definitely point them the right direction where I got the skin.

dseehafer #6 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

Tirpitz as a brick building :hiding:

Spoiler

CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

tcbaker777 #7 Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

hmm, i might try this for a camo for the Colorado

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

Apaosha #8 Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I've been trying to do some re skinning stuff myself but I'm clueless on where to find all the folders for it since they've changed warships so much you can't even access the textures folder for the ships anymore its rather quite annoying I like to be able to access all of my files.

Excield #9 Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postdseehafer, on 04 May 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

Spoiler

You gotta be shitting me lol :teethhappy:

Kitsunelegend #10 Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postdseehafer, on 03 May 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Spoiler

:hiding:

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...t3oH4sk.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...4sk.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Alabama, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Perth, Duca D'Aosta, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan

Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

AhosChaos #11 Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postdseehafer, on 03 May 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Spoiler

I don't read German, so can I get some context behind this, like why is this a thing.

Edited by AhosChaos, 04 May 2017 - 06:50 AM.

Rip stat.png

I was Unicum in BB's and CV's with a WTR of 1798 and 1777 ... for one day, but hey I was Unicum

"If you kill me I'll buy you an Okhotnik"-NoZoupForYou 3/10/17 roughly 7:09 PST - I guess Zoup is going to buy me an Okhotnik- The real question is when though-Read my most recent Baltimore post for proof

3/19/17 1:55 PST NoZoupForYou became a god in my heart

dseehafer #12 Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostAhosChaos, on 04 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

I don't read German, so can I get some context behind this, like why is this a thing.

There is an English translation right below the German one.... 

Basically, In an attempt to camouflage the Tirpitz while she was in her final stages of construction, they painted her port side to look like the brick building that was behind her. Later, they moved her into a drydock so that her propellers could be installed, which is why the fore and aft ends of the starboard side have a dotty camouflage, which was supposed to look like ripples of water from the air. The drydock was also painted to look like part of the city with trees, plants, people, roads, and even animals painted all over the outer and inner sides of the drydock walls.

Some more pictures of Tirpitz, including some with the drydock.

Spoiler

Edited by dseehafer, 04 May 2017 - 07:05 AM.

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

MrExNavy #13 Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostApaosha, on 03 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Can you post some screen shots of these skins you have made in the actual post?  Not all of them just a select couple you think players and forum goers would like...

Sorry don't have any screenshots of the skins. Remember these are not generic skins that people can pick from and decide if they want to use them. These are custom skins based on the needs of the specific player for a specific ship which can include their name, desired colors and designs, fonts and so forth. They are tailored to the specific needs of the individual and no two are the same. They are also not a camouflage and do not provide any cammo value just as no other skin from any modder does. They are skins that change the look of the ship for the player just as the skins you can get in any mod or mod pack except these skins are made specifically based on the needs of the individual and customized specifically for that player for a specific ship.

Old salty dog. Ex Navy jet mech in VF-211 at NAS Miramar next to Top Gun and on-board the USS Constellation (CV-64) 76-81. Decorated for Shellback, Battle "E", Navy Sea Service and Cold War participant.

SpudZero #14 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 03 May 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

This here is a legit fella. Post approved. :)

He also can carry hard in a Fletcher!  saw it with my own eyes ... as I was on of the ones being carried! lol 

Do or do not.  There is no try.     -  Yoda

Shnoze_Shmon #15 Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

• Members

View PostApaosha, on 03 May 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

I've been trying to do some re skinning stuff myself but I'm clueless on where to find all the folders for it since they've changed warships so much you can't even access the textures folder for the ships anymore its rather quite annoying I like to be able to access all of my files.

I've skinned before as well, in other games.  IL2, Red Barron 3D, Rise of Flight.  I would love to have access to the games skins, and it would help facilitate my entries into some contests WoW puts up.
Spoiler

ElAurens #16 Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

• Members

Wow, great give back to the community sir!

Goodwood_Alpha, was that your name in IL2?

There were so many folks doing skins back in the day that I'm sure I still have most of them on my hard drive, as I still have IL2/46 installed, with many gigs of skins.

From Ushant to Scilly is thirty five leagues.

Jim_Byrnes #17 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Kudos to MrExNavy for a generous service to the community. Have met him a couple times in battle he's a tough customer and a great sport. And thank you for your service to the country sir! 

Living proof you can have a blast while learning what not to do!

IJN Nagato Fuso Kongo Ishizuchi ARP Kirishima ARP Kongo ARP Hiei ARP Nachi ARP Takao  Mogami Atago Myoko Fujin Shiratsuyu Fubuki

USN Atlanta Farragut German BB Tirpitz Sharnhorst Gneisenau Bismarck CA Prinz Eugen  Russian CA Molotov and Blyskawica

NikoPower #18 Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Going to go ahead and pin this for a while. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Shnoze_Shmon #19 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 05 May 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Going to go ahead and pin this for a while. 

Can you go ahead and give us the info to gaining access to ships textures?
Spoiler

dseehafer #20 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostShnoze_Shmon, on 07 May 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Can you go ahead and give us the info to gaining access to ships textures?

​What do you mean? Anyone can have access to them through the extractor.

KlnDiJZ.gif

- Winston Churchill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users