fix radar

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: fix radar (44 members have cast votes)

radar needs fixing

1. yes, it needs fixing (16 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. no, leave it as is (28 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

i play, top 2

1. bb (22 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

2. ca (34 votes [40.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

3. dd (28 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. cv (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Antarctica83 #21 Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

thanks for all the in site here. i was wondering what other players had to say about it and many good points have been made here. as for myself it seems that i do play my dd vary aggressively so i will be trying to adjust my play still a bit. thanks aging for all the input here.

Halinspark #22 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAntarctica83, on 04 May 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

thanks for all the in site here. i was wondering what other players had to say about it and many good points have been made here. as for myself it seems that i do play my dd vary aggressively so i will be trying to adjust my play still a bit. thanks aging for all the input here.

Aggressive is good, but try to be cautious at the start. Once a few ships have been sunk and the usable map space opens up a bit, get more aggressive.

At the start, everybody wants to kill the DDS, so if you support your team long enough for the enemy to gain bigger, better armored problems, your job gets easier and you can better help your team.

jagdoc #23 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Radar operation is far too short a period.  You should have enough radar to last 20 minutes minus the recharge time (4 to 5 charges).  Radar should light up a target only for the ship deploying it.  With the amount of smoke and DD's launching torpedoes while invisible ALL ships should have radar  ALL DD's and light cruisers should have sonar (hydro).  It would level the playing field and the captain would have to plan the use of the radar or get caught with his pants down while it recharges.

Umikami #24 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostCruiser_kebobstuzov, on 04 May 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

smoke radar and hydro are the only things other than defensive fire that are really good for team play so if they were removed, rest in peace supremacy league, and say hello to MORE island camping because BBs will have to hide from torps. Meanwhile a dd can spread a smoke tunnel for offensive positions or to save a BB in peril. radar can be used to allow the team to focus fire on a prime target. Hydro is KEY in protecting a push from destruction. removing any or all of these would cause more camping, not less.

"TRY to think these through!!"

Did you read the entire post where it also said remove smoke?

I don't mind you criticizing my posts, or disagreeing with my opinions;

however, I did NOT advocate removing radar and hydro and KEEP smoke.

I SAID REMOVE ALL THREE.

IMHO, smoke is the number one reason people camp, and removing it would improve the game immensely.

So please try to CORRECTLY counter my arguments, because I really did think them through before I posted them.

(and I also read the previous posts completely)

Smoke promotes camping; every match I play some CA or CL is sitting in smoke spewing shells everywhere without recourse.

Take away the smoke, and there is no need for radar or hydro.

Think about that; a game with NO invisible ships firing at you!

Edited by Umikami, 11 May 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Fishrokk #25 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostUmikami, on 03 May 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

and as far as radar jamming, and your arguments against it, go:

2. yes, it would: play the game like you were in a cruiser without radar.

So, applying your answer here, isn't the solution when your DD is under radar detection to play like you were in a DD without smoke?

“OPEN FIRE WHEN READY. FEAR GOD. DREADNOUGHT.” - R Adm J Edward Snyder, USS New Jersey (BB-62)

I'm trying to expand my mind.  First I gotta do something about all these hobgoblins.

I_Am_DreadgeNought #26 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

To be sure,  Both Smoke and Radar/"Gaydar"  needs fixed,  such that SMOKE works like when in a Cyclon such that if Smoke blocks Visibility of a Ship To and From other ships,  Those ships cannot VISIBILITY see that ship even if detected by any means or by any other ships,  aside from Personal Aircraft,   Though those ships Do show on map.

Further,  Such that Radar is used being an "Active" search system that 'Sends' out a signal that can be received by enemies such the same as when a Sub uses Sonar to "Ping" for targets,  Those that use "Active" systems are in turn seen BY those they 'Ping' for on the map,  with both ships seeing Each Other.

Sure would give cause for pause before just going all 420 Radar blazing,  eh?  ^_<

("on map target cursors")

"Glory to 'I Am' that I Am, and Bless'd be to 'I Am' that I Am, so Let it be that I Am All of Me."

Glory to the Truth, amen   >_<)'7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users