Mac players, anyone else get this very special fisting too?

Mac issues commander training Mac bug

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HMS_Lollipop #1 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

One of the bugs that came with the 6.4, along with game crash after every match, was Commanders lost their training on random ships. The Commanders ranged from 11 to 16 points, training and cost 500 doubloons each, per ship, for 5 ships for a total of 2500 doubloons or the $11+/- 2500 doubloons cost.  After an exchange of messages with customer service, who confirmed I purchased the training and the training has now oddly disappeared. Politely informed me, I could go pound sand before they would re-instate the training to the commanders or refund the money/doubloons I spent to buy a product "commander training" from Wargaming, that was lost do to a glitch in the game. 

II know its only $11, but I'm not in the habit of paying for items, that vanish and having the vender tell me "tough crap". Especially since I own a port full of premium ships, I figure WarGaming would gift me 2500 doubloons to keep a guy who throws money at them for almost every new premium ship happy with the game and their service.

So, anyone else have commander training vanish?

Battleship_Dunkerque #2 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Nope, haven't noticed any such thing myself.  And from what I've seen, WG's policy on commanders has always been "We can't fix it, sorry mate."

You're positive that these aren't commanders that got moved around during last patch's line split?  There were quite a few instances of folks who thought commanders had gone AWOL but it turned out they were sitting in reserve the whole time.

Edited by Battleship_Dunkerque, 01 May 2017 - 03:51 PM.

HMS_Lollipop #3 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostBattleship_Dunkerque, on 01 May 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Nope, haven't noticed any such thing myself.  And from what I've seen, WG's policy on commanders has always been "We can't fix it, sorry mate."

You're positive that these aren't commanders that got moved around during last patch's line split?  There were quite a few instances of folks who thought commanders had gone AWOL but it turned out they were sitting in reserve the whole time.

I wish they were sitting over looked in reserve, but its not the case. I don't have a lot of commanders, I've only 1 American BB captain and suddenly he forgot everything he knew about skipping the Colorado.  

fourteenfour #4 Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

client doesn't govern this.

not defending their third world programming team, but that is tracked on their servers. 

got to love 6.4 introducing so many stability problems and they still charge me my premium time. bunch of incompetent thieves at WG (or perhaps this passes for competence in Russia). Considering the crapquality maybe they hired NGD from Argentina who wrecked MOO and brought them over

Edited by fourteenfour, 04 May 2017 - 08:48 PM.

Until Wargaming lets me buy the Texas Stars and Stripes camo in game for a reasonable amount they will never get another dollar from me. The damn thieves told me to sell my current Texas and buy it in shop again with the camo.

HMS_Lollipop #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

An update to this madness. Its a roulette game every time I launch WofWS to sail the high seas. I never know which Commander will be qualified on which ship...if any. The only line not effected "yet" is the German Commanders/Ships. But for the US/BRIT/JPN lines, I have Commanders rated as fully trained on ships, I've never placed them in; and ships I've had 15/16 point commanders practically living, loss all their training on that ship.  But who know, when I fire up WofWS this weekend it will be interesting to see where the roulette wheel of Commander skills to ships will do to me this time. This exciting twist to the game use to limited to ships earned/purchased from the tree, but the other night my first premium ship commander lost all his training....Ah the joy....

Edited by HMS_Lollipop, 13 May 2017 - 01:11 AM.

ForgMaxtor #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Ensign

• Members

Well, for the record, my recent gameplay via the Mac Wrapper has been absolutely fine.  But as noted, this issue is highly unlikelly to be related to the fact that you are playing via the Mac Wrapper.

All of your player account info is stored on the WG servers and is platform-agnostic.  In fact, you can even access much of your player data via a browser interface. The Mac Wrapper could potentially create issues such as graphical glitches, game control input issues, etc., but it's not going to cause issues such as the ones you describe.

HMS_Lollipop #7 Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

.....View PostForgMaxtor, on 12 May 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Well, for the record, my recent gameplay via the Mac Wrapper has been absolutely fine.  But as noted, this issue is highly unlikelly to be related to the fact that you are playing via the Mac Wrapper.

All of your player account info is stored on the WG servers and is platform-agnostic.  In fact, you can even access much of your player data via a browser interface. The Mac Wrapper could potentially create issues such as graphical glitches, game control input issues, etc., but it's not going to cause issues such as the ones you describe.

........., my recent gameplay via the Mac Wrapper has been absolutely fine........... I'm so full of envy, even the barnacles on my hull are green! 

fourteenfour #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHMS_Lollipop, on 12 May 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

........., my recent gameplay via the Mac Wrapper has been absolutely fine........... I'm so full of envy, even the barnacles on my hull are green! 

tell me about it, 6.5 now crashes on me DURING game play and not just when leaving a battle. Crashed my first Kami game today only to find myself torped
Until Wargaming lets me buy the Texas Stars and Stripes camo in game for a reasonable amount they will never get another dollar from me. The damn thieves told me to sell my current Texas and buy it in shop again with the camo.

Taylor3006 #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

Ensign

• Members

View Postfourteenfour, on 18 May 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

tell me about it, 6.5 now crashes on me DURING game play and not just when leaving a battle. Crashed my first Kami game today only to find myself torped

Yeah have had a couple of crashes as well. Luckily they both have been as the game ended (right at the Victory/Defeat screen).  Until they get things straightened out, probably best not to use signals or premium consumables so if you do crash, it is just a sinking, no biggie.

HMS_Lollipop #10 Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

95% of the time the game crashs and relaunch required, has just become part of playing WofWS to me. It is what it is, what really puts a twist in my panties, is the complete lack of any attention WofWS seems to be giving or even acknowledge the trouble. It just tells me, they don't give a [edited]. Which I feel almost hurt, they don't give a crap if MAC players stay or go. 

Edited by HMS_Lollipop, Yesterday, 01:34 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users