I'm worried about this community...

rant venting stress heartache sadness

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Nachoo31 #101 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View Postcrzyhawk, on 29 April 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

The problem is, as people hang around longer, the wonder of the old days wears off.  People are going to get frustrated, they are going to vent.  You can't control that.  This community is /still/ worlds better than the old vn boards were when I played Dark Age of Camelot.  Those guys knew how to be salty.  This place?  Sunshine and rainbows.  Anytime you have internet games where people compete, that competitiveness is going to come out.  You can't simply wish that away, as much as you'd like to.

Holy crap someone that Played Dark Age of Camelot.  I was long time Alb, bought a Hib account.  Rerolled Mids.  I play in Stealth zerg with the Selvick 2.0 my brother when bought the account.  Talk about toxic, Stat whoring. 

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

Moonrider #102 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 29 April 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Lately I've noticed an increasing trend among this community, from all sides. From the normal forum users, to the community contributors, to some of the more well known forum goers, where it seems to me at least, that a very bad level of toxicity is taking over, especially when talking about anything regarding stats, be it from ship stats, to server stats, to personal stats...

Until Wargaming takes the obvious step of setting the default for personal stats to private,  and making a one time change setting them to private for EVERYONE across all Wargaming titles, this will continue to get worse. 

Once this becomes the norm, the small minority who wish to use third party stat tracking sites for their inaccurate epeenie ratings can switch them back to public, and the rest of us can track our improvement (or simply ignore stats and "play for fun") without harrassment from those yahoos that think "Only bad players hide their stats".

Edited by Moonrider, 01 May 2017 - 01:57 PM.

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

SwirvinBirds #103 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostMoonrider, on 01 May 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Until Wargaming takes the obvious step of setting the default for personal stats to private,  and making a one time change setting them to private for EVERYONE across all Wargaming titles, this will continue to get worse. 

Once this becomes the norm, the small minority who wish to use third party stat tracking sites, and their inaccurate epeenie ratings can switch them back to public, and the rest of us can track our improvement (or simply ignore stats and "play for fun") in peace.

Not going to happen. WG games are stats driven and all titles display your stats pubicly.

The 'I play for fun' crowd is just as damn anoying as the stat mongers. We ALL play for fun.

Moonrider #104 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 30 April 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

So....because of this...I'm going to suggest something that I feel will get me a lot of hate...but that could potentially fix at least some of the toxicity this forum has right now...

I suggest, that WG get rid of publicly available personal stats. Meaning, you cannot view other people's stats, at all, unless they themselves post a screenshot of said stats. 

Yeah - we've arrived at almost the same place. I'm a big proponent of choice, so I've proposed that simply the default be changed to private, with the option to make them public or available by URL require toggling on by the player. Coupled with an immediate one time change to private for everyone.

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

Moonrider #105 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSwirvinBirds, on 01 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Not going to happen. WG games are stats driven and all titles display your stats pubicly.

The 'I play for fun' crowd is just as damn anoying as the stat mongers. We ALL play for fun.

This changes nothing about stats except their default visibility. I try to improve, and right now I'm admittedly pretty mediocre. 

The odd thing is that I have my stats set to "available by link," and not ONCE have i received a request for that link to my current stats. Those that have made a stat shaming comment to me have always based it on the residual stats that show on third party sites. Never mind that "available by link" is clearly stated on my official stat page.

So it's pretty obvious all they do is look at the epeenie rating instead of trying to determine whether a player is improving, new, or a true baddie.

Edited by Moonrider, 01 May 2017 - 02:23 PM.

_Caliph_ #106 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostShadowrigger1, on 30 April 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

This community, like ALL online communities are nothing but steaming piles of Sh it.  it's the nature of the internet.

Just when the level of metrosexual in the thread had begun to nauseate me you go and drop this pearl. +1

Edited by _Caliph_, 01 May 2017 - 03:03 PM.

LordSteve #107 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

1. Wipe out the purple stat seal clubbers by nerfing all stats from t3 down from counting towards your overall rating. 99% of the Unicrums ONLY have their status because of seal clubbing.

2. Stop letting certain people get away with everything because they are supertesters/forum gods/goddesses. From Necro threads being allowed to in game harassment being overlooked, these people needs to be smacked down to reality. 

3. NERF HYRDO!!!!! ZOMG!!! (just kidding)

4. More cake

Kitsunelegend #108 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostLordSteve, on 01 May 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

1. Wipe out the purple stat seal clubbers by nerfing all stats from t3 down from counting towards your overall rating. 99% of the Unicrums ONLY have their status because of seal clubbing.

2. Stop letting certain people get away with everything because they are supertesters/forum gods/goddesses. From Necro threads being allowed to in game harassment being overlooked, these people needs to be smacked down to reality. 

3. NERF HYRDO!!!!! ZOMG!!! (just kidding)

4. More cake

first off, as a forum STer, I can tell you that STers are held to much tighter standards, ie, WG and the mods are much stricter when it comes to the way STs act. So if you see a confirmed STer acting poorly in game or on the forum, take screenshots/replays and report immediately to a ST coordinator. They take it very seriously, or at least they did when I was a part of the program.

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...t3oH4sk.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...4sk.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Alabama, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Perth, Duca D'Aosta, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan

Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

DoomStomper #109 Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I hear ya, Kit. :honoring:

Sometimes you just wanna have a pleasant conversation about ships...without someone barging in and being all like:

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Megrim3 #110 Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

You know what, I don't usually stat shame, but when someone tells me I blow at this game and tell me i need to go back and play solitaire and uninstall...that's when the gloves come off. 

That is exactly what happened, at first I simply apologized and said I wasn't playing my best game. But this guy had no right to talk this way to anyone and when I promptly told him to get off his high horse, I had to expose him...he had a 47%win rate with with 645 battles. If you let bully's continue their behavior they will continue. 

Yes I did it.  More than 4000 battles and this is the first time I actually did it. If your going to slander and abuse your team mates.  It's time everyone know who you are and what you are. yes a few teammates laughed at the drama. I don't care.  BTW he ended near bottom of the score at the end, we won.  Ended up somewhere in the middle.  I don't plan to ever do it again anyways. 

Edited by Megrim3, 01 May 2017 - 06:39 PM.

publord #111 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostLordSteve, on 01 May 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

i like this meme

Skpstr #112 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View Postm373x, on 30 April 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I am not so sure about that, mom says I'm trash.

She can't possibly mean that. I mean, does she not let you live in the basement and have internet?

You could be on a cot in the garden shed, running an extension cord to the neighbours' house after dark and hacking into their wi-fi.... :trollface:

Skpstr #113 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostMesrith, on 30 April 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Complaints about "toxicity" and "stat-shaming" seem to outnumber actual stat-shaming posts on this forum by about 8:1.  I also rarely see it in-game.

Your perception of reality has no place here.... :D

JervisBay #114 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 30 April 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

This is your very worried and scare local kitsune...signing off...

This is NOT a "community".

It is a place for anonymous people to do nothing more than make a public comment.

The fact that you consider this forum to be a "second home" is weird.

Edited by JervisBay, 01 May 2017 - 09:50 PM.

oo-OOOO-oo+oo-OOOO-oo

awildseaking #115 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Ensign

• Members

I hope you realize that "Yamato, cool!" feeling wears off over time. Players are becoming increasingly frustrated because of stagnant meta. WG has tried to change so much, yet several basic problems remain:

1. Guns > torpedoes
  2. CVs are equally irrelevant and important
  3. Concealment/spotting meta is too dependent upon DD play
  4. WG doesn't have the courage to match divisions by skill, resulting in frequently lopsided and uncompetitive games. The average player is being farmed for the benefit of an elite few.

You can have all the cool ships in the world and it's irrelevant if the game isn't fair to play for all.

m373x #116 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostSkpstr, on 01 May 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

wi-fi

I am not a peasant to settle for that 

Spoiler

Also tagged with rant, venting, stress, heartache, sadness

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users