Anyone Else Having Random In-Battle Glitches After Last Update?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

nhf #1 Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I've had at least 3 just this week alone:

1) Spotted by a plane BUT did not get a spotted indication on my screen.  I was sunk sailing into torps.  I asked how a full torp salvo hit me and enemy ship replied that I was spotted the whole time.

2) Spotted by a BB from 6km in Kamikaze (detection 5.4km with CE) as I approached for torps.  Had not fired guns.  I was sunk.  (I think the game did not account for my CE captain because stock Kamikaze detection is 6km.)

3) Enemy BB was showing (and stayed) solid red (not outline) and ship was not moving on mini-map or screen while behind an island for about 2 minutes BUT then pops up beside me at 2.5km in open water.  I was sunk.  Enemy replied he was wondering why I had not torp'd him, which is what I'd positioned to do.  I had torp aiming indicator pointed at ship but indicator never moved.

Anyone else?

SyndicatedINC #2 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Not especially tied to this update, (this update appears to be mostly game crashes upon loading into battle, lots and lots of crashes, for everyone I sail with and tons of players on both teams in the matches I am in).

But I have experienced these issues to a lesser degree previously and in each case examination identified desynch as the cause (similar to getting torped by a torpedo that actually missed you on your screen.

"If you won a chess game because the other player had a heart attack during the match, how proud would you be of your victory?

Did you really "win"? That's what it's like, imho." -wadavid (regarding victory by detonating an opponent)

originalzenboy #3 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

i have had a problem with guns that refuse to fire. it has happened several times in different games. flamu has a video in which the same thing happens to him. it is not constant, and I have yet to determine the exact situations in which the problem occurs.

Ghostdog1355 #4 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

Ensign

• Members

Yesterday I got dropped out of the game on 5 different occasions. In the past year that has only happened to me a total of 3 times. It was pretty discouraging. Also my fire on their own. Tried a different mouse and had the same problem.

"The reason we call ships 'she' is that is costs so much to keep one in paint and powder." - Chester W. Nimitz

~ USS Texas (BB-35) ~

LadyJess #5 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Ensign

• Members

Have not had the issues you have listed but, every update there are some minor problems that pop up from time to time.

Low FPS

Game crash or lock

Slow loads into battle ( sometimes )

Auto-pilot does not go where indicated 

these are just a few 

ironhide1601 #6 Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I played one game and I found my damage control party is bugged out and behaves really strangely, and there was another issue but I can't quite recall.

Then I just started to play something else, between this and the day I wasted on the Game center thing I decided to take a break.

Taylor3006 #7 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:19 AM

Ensign

• Members

Since the last update have had a strange problem with the first couple of games I play each time I start WoWS. When in a ship with torpedoes, and I select them to fire, the normal torp reticle won't show up, only the same one you get for firing your guns. After a couple (sometimes two games, sometimes three) this goes away and everything is normal. Also occurs when using the carriers on the "mini map" view when auto dropping torps you normally get the "icon" that shows the torpedo path i.e. the two lines that shows how the drop will occur. Instead it shows the same "icon" you get when auto dropping bombs. Again this goes away after a couple of games and does not return until I exit the game and restart it. However I run this game on a Mac so the problem could be with the compatibility software (Wineskin) and not with the game itself. More annoying than game-breaking though.

gcangel82 #8 Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Seaman

• Members

I want to know how a 8km away a New Mexico can up and disappear in open water with no smoke around and no dd to lay it for him.  Just came out of a game that happened.  Same with Fuso at 10km and a Texas at 13km.  And these [edited]were able to inviso fire on me.  I am seriously thinking of going back to Star Trek Online, because of this kind of stuff.   At least there I know why things disappear, it is called a cloaking device and is expected.  Here Battleships can up and disappear right in front of you, and this goes on all the time.

ENO75 #9 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View Postgcangel82, on 29 April 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

I want to know how a 8km away a New Mexico can up and disappear in open water with no smoke around and no dd to lay it for him.  Just came out of a game that happened.  Same with Fuso at 10km and a Texas at 13km.  And these [edited]were able to inviso fire on me.  I am seriously thinking of going back to Star Trek Online, because of this kind of stuff.   At least there I know why things disappear, it is called a cloaking device and is expected.  Here Battleships can up and disappear right in front of you, and this goes on all the time.

I'm having a continuing issue where I can't see smoke rendering past 7km or so. When I am in the process of zooming I can see it- but then I can't anymore. 

What you might be seeing is someone firing in or behind smoke that you can't see. If you try zooming next time you see this, you might see the smoke that the ship is hiding behind. Worth checking out anyway- still drives me bananas. 

Edited by ENO75, 04 May 2017 - 10:25 PM.

Miltatman #10 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

How about ships that jitter back and forth before quickly sliding across the surface. Guns that show loaded but don't shoot with the mouse button held down. Yet no indication of lag or anything? 

vallee2012 #11 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Seaman

• Members

OK add up this situation to all previous mentioned that i did experimented.

after the first battle going back to port and it shots down my computer after about 1-2 minutes if i just do nothing on the game. 5 times yesterday

Leftenant_Sebastian #12 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have experienced some of the above issues as well. Not sure if worthy of a service ticket, just chose to battle thru.

Here is a short list;

1. Ship veered left. Not using auto pilot, open water. Hit a teammate.

2. Ships randomly glitching in and out at various distances, 5-12 km. with and without smoke present.

3.Torpedo reticule randomly not showing when switching to torps.

4. One battle, had a spot where ship locations did not correspond to map locations. In addition, torp salvos seemed to be duplicated at different angles. I don't think 2 DD's can get off salvo of 18 torps in a 15-20 second window. That was really wild.

5. Repair party consumable shows ready to use, press it, it says Not Ready. 

HvyBomber #13 Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I just had my HUD flash, then die.  It kept trying to come back, but only in quick flashes.  When I zoomed in, I at least got my targeting reticle back, but no mini map, no main map, no ship markers, nothing.  I could see ships, but no info.  No idea if they were enemy or not.  Then after the battle, the campaign screen flashed at me.  The background seems ok, but the overlay was flashing.  First time for any error like this for me.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users