Summer Novelty Camouflages -- Barbeque

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: World of Warships Summer Barbeque Camouflage (30 members have cast votes)

Should the WoWS developers offer these camouflages during a summer challenge?

1. YES. Bring us the potatoes! (25 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. NO. This is too silly! (5 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Razor_Antilles #1 Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Ahoy, devs.

I had this funny thought while reading a ship review and then hit upon this notion when it became a fully-fledged idea, and now I'd like to bring it your attention for possible addition to the game for the summer.

Summer Barbeque-themed camouflages; one for each ship class and then a special package of a unique camouflage for completing challenges that earned the camos for each individual class.

1.) Destroyers -- Hot Dogs. A sausage-and-bun-styled camouflage that colors the hull like bread and the deck sausage-red, with the guns and superstructure colored like condiments and toppings. Image inspiration: Chicago-style hot dog.

2.) Cruisers -- Chicken wings. KFC-style breaded hull with a grilled chicken superstructure and guns.

3.) Battleships -- Bacon Cheeseburger. Hull by the waterline is bun-colored, with the upper hull, guns, and superstructure colored like beef patties, cheese, bacon, and condiments, and the tops of the superstructure bun-colored to finish it.

4.) Carriers -- Macaroni salad or chopped salad.

Challenge: for each class-specific challenge, I would like to suggest either a minimum damage amount (50,000-100,000), base experience gain (2500-7500), wins (3-5), or kills (5-10) in order to successfully gain each package of 10 camouflages.

Camouflage benefits: each class camo gets the routine 3% detection reduction and 4% increased dispersion for incoming fire, with either a bonus to total experience gained or commander experience gained (50% to 250%), with either a bonus to credits earned or a reduction to ship repair cost as an optional extra.

Completing all four challenges for the class camos unlocks the fifth challenge, which I suggest as either a win 3-5 matches or get 5-10 kills to earn. The final package is 20 unique camouflages that look like the following (and are usable on all ship classes):

The Baked Potato. Tinfoil-silver on the bottom of the hull by the waterline, potato-skin brown/gray for the upper two-thirds of the hull, and then potato goodness for the deck and lower superstructure, with butter, chives, and sour cream decorating the guns and upper superstructure. Camouflage stats will be the same as the above options and/or the discretion of WG devs.

These would be fun to play for, and hilarious to use in game. I sincerely hope you give this serious consideration, as it would be a hilarious to have a food fight on the high seas.

Edited by Razor_Antilles, 27 April 2017 - 10:17 PM.

Unabletony #2 Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Wherez bacon option

This is actually a great idea..! +1

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

slokill_1 #3 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

yum yum  - OK!

Apaosha #4 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I could go for this not a bad idea.  By the way welcome to the forums first post not bad at all.... Dont forget the mushrooms either...

Edited by Apaosha, 27 April 2017 - 11:23 PM.

DarthDoge #5 Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• Members

I love this idea, make it so WG! :D

Herr_Reitz #6 Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I want the HE to be ketchup squirting and AP to be yellow mustard squirting if we going BBQ

LadyJess #7 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostRazor_Antilles, on 27 April 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Ahoy, devs.

I had this funny thought while reading a ship review and then hit upon this notion when it became a fully-fledged idea, and now I'd like to bring it your attention for possible addition to the game for the summer.

Summer Barbeque-themed camouflages; one for each ship class and then a special package of a unique camouflage for completing challenges that earned the camos for each individual class.

1.) Destroyers -- Hot Dogs. A sausage-and-bun-styled camouflage that colors the hull like bread and the deck sausage-red, with the guns and superstructure colored like condiments and toppings. Image inspiration: Chicago-style hot dog.

2.) Cruisers -- Chicken wings. KFC-style breaded hull with a grilled chicken superstructure and guns.

3.) Battleships -- Bacon Cheeseburger. Hull by the waterline is bun-colored, with the upper hull, guns, and superstructure colored like beef patties, cheese, bacon, and condiments, and the tops of the superstructure bun-colored to finish it.

4.) Carriers -- Macaroni salad or chopped salad.

Challenge: for each class-specific challenge, I would like to suggest either a minimum damage amount (50,000-100,000), base experience gain (2500-7500), wins (3-5), or kills (5-10) in order to successfully gain each package of 10 camouflages.

Camouflage benefits: each class camo gets the routine 3% detection reduction and 4% increased dispersion for incoming fire, with either a bonus to total experience gained or commander experience gained (50% to 250%), with either a bonus to credits earned or a reduction to ship repair cost as an optional extra.

Completing all four challenges for the class camos unlocks the fifth challenge, which I suggest as either a win 3-5 matches or get 5-10 kills to earn. The final package is 20 unique camouflages that look like the following (and are usable on all ship classes):

The Baked Potato. Tinfoil-silver on the bottom of the hull by the waterline, potato-skin brown/gray for the upper two-thirds of the hull, and then potato goodness for the deck and lower superstructure, with butter, chives, and sour cream decorating the guns and upper superstructure. Camouflage stats will be the same as the above options and/or the discretion of WG devs.

These would be fun to play for, and hilarious to use in game. I sincerely hope you give this serious consideration, as it would be a hilarious to have a food fight on the high seas.

Add some type of Beer flag for the gang and we are good for the summer.

Murotsu #8 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:28 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

This is so wrong...  No propane and propane accessories...
-- Hank Hill...
:D

Umikami #9 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

there is nothing wrong with this idea, in fact, it sounds fun and interesting

What bothers me is that all these "cool" things take programmer resources,

and in my opinion, programmer resources could be better applied elsewhere;

such as fixing the CV UI,

or finishing the British BB line,

or making radar work correctly, as in not through islands.

I have absolutely no issues with added bells and whistles,

but I'd like to see the damn train run correctly before we install them.

Razor_Antilles #10 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 28 April 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Agreed, there are some things I'd like to see happen also, but the fun camo stuff is a neat addition that doesn't take a lot of time or effort, at least in theory.

Thanks to everyone who has commented/voted so far!

CLUCH_CARGO #11 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 28 April 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Too many switches make the train go in circles good for a model railroad but to switch the developer's from their normal routine would cause a Train Wreck

WhellerNG #12 Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostUmikami, on 28 April 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

You ARE aware that the studio works on multiple things at once? It's not like the devs would have to stop work on their other projects to implement something new like this. The fact of the matter is that doing something like this would take practically no time at all, and would amount to slapping a new texture on and reusing existing code.

Espousing the all or nothing mentality shines clearly that you have no idea how the game development process actually works. You should educate yourself on it before bashing the dev team for 'putting off the major projects' to do 'fun side projects.' like this, as people like you are want to do. 

PremithiumX #13 Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I don't reply often, but you've got a good idea OP +1 to you.  Now let's all hope that Mr. Corgi Man runs this up the flagpole.

Umikami #14 Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostWhellerNG, on 30 April 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

You ARE aware that the studio works on multiple things at once? It's not like the devs would have to stop work on their other projects to implement something new like this. The fact of the matter is that doing something like this would take practically no time at all, and would amount to slapping a new texture on and reusing existing code.

Espousing the all or nothing mentality shines clearly that you have no idea how the game development process actually works. You should educate yourself on it before bashing the dev team for 'putting off the major projects' to do 'fun side projects.' like this, as people like you are want to do.

(the studio, is this freakin MGM?)

actually, I have a Bachelors degree from Northern Arizona University in Computer Programming.

and, yes, I am aware that organizations such as WG and WoW do indeed work on multiple tasks concurrently;

however, every individual has only so many hours per day to work on projects,

and if they are working on floating hot dogs, they probably aren't working on invisible radar islands.

(FYI, no; it is NOT as simple as "slapping a new texture on and re-using existing code")

I haven't espoused ANYTHING other than my opinion, which, if I remember correctly, I am still entitled to.

I HAVE educated myself, (and paid for it myself), enough to know that I haven't bashed anyone, just stated that I thought an idea was frivolous.

If that frightens you in some way, or makes you feel like you might lose something, I'm sorry.

and the only thing "people like me" are want to do is find you in a match and kick your scrub butt, ya mouthy little dumptruck.

Edited by Umikami, 30 April 2017 - 12:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users