Jump to content


Why Stats Mean So Much


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

1nv4d3rZ1m #21 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

  • 9,372
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostKalishniKat, on 27 April 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Are you one of those who takes the game very seriously? Has WG offered you that big contract yet because of all the hard work you've put in?  If you're having fun that's great, but those who grind out, fret over stats and just seem miserable because of it, those are the ones I'm "mocking"

 

So there is no middle ground? Either its purely entertainment exclusively or its exclusively a difficult stressful task? 

pmgaudio #22 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,782
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

the funny thing is not one of you looked this up....

 

https://www.merriam-...tionary/sarcasm




 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


Spyde #23 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

    Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 3,996
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Everyone plays for fun.         OP is just trolling or Butt hurt about something.

 

 


[-K-] Kraken                                          

T10  CA/CL Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Henri IV DD Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, Z52 BB Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 


Stampz #24 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 362
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Stats are every important... in Fantasy Football.

KalishniKat #25 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 277
  • Member since:
    07-13-2016

View PostSpyde, on 27 April 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Everyone plays for fun.         OP is just trolling or Butt hurt about something.

 

 

Not sure about that based on all the recent complaint post about how this tier and that ship are not fun, how players in chat come unhinged due to all the "pressures" of the game, long post mocking those who are not as committed as the poster thinks they should be etc etc. I'm just saying, if your good at the game or crappy, how does this in any way effect your life???



Kerrec #26 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 206
  • Member since:
    09-24-2016

View PostSeaBreeze_, on 27 April 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

 

How is trying to be good at a game, trying to win and giving it your best shot at having decent stats make it a job?

 

Because sometimes, after a good/bad/long/short/stressful/boring day, you log on an just FEEL like going Leroy Jenkins into a cap, guns blazing looking to see how much carnage you can put out before you sink.

 

Then comes the try-hards that moan and cry foul because you're not trying to WIN and you're ruining their Stats.  When the community demands you play at the top of your game ALL THE TIME, wherever that happens to be, that's when playing a game becomes a JOB.


Edited by Kerrec, 27 April 2017 - 07:16 PM.


Hiroe #27 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostSpyde, on 27 April 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Everyone plays for fun. OP is just trolling or Butt hurt about something.

 

High expectations normally lead more to rage and frustration than "fun." That, and they seriously increase the "jobbiness" of it all. Work. Zzz.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe


pmgaudio #28 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,782
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013



 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


BrushWolf #29 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,679
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostKalishniKat, on 27 April 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Stats are very important. How else can your performance be rated when it comes time to pay the big money to the best players. I mean after all, this is serious. If you have bad stats how will you support your family? You may end up finding it hard to pay your bills if your win rate is too low and WG cuts your salary. So, to hell with fun, grow up, grind it out, live to win, play only to get better, don't relax, or you will NOT get that big contract with all the $$$ and perks. Remember too, the people you play with, whom you don't know and will never meet, are watching you. You dont want to let them down with your relaxed easy going fun style gameplay! So, remember, this isn't a game, it's a job and strangers are both judging you and counting on you so step it up!!!!

 

Stats are important but they are also easily misread particularly when a player focuses on one single stat such as survival above all never engaging unless the odds are securely in their favor.

  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


Hiroe #30 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013
He's not being sarcastic, Audioman. Not in the sense you think.

Edited by Hiroe, 27 April 2017 - 07:23 PM.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe


Xwing_Red1 #31 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 668
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostKalishniKat, on 27 April 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Stats are very important. How else can your performance be rated when it comes time to pay the big money to the best players. I mean after all, this is serious. If you have bad stats how will you support your family? You may end up finding it hard to pay your bills if your win rate is too low and WG cuts your salary. So, to hell with fun, grow up, grind it out, live to win, play only to get better, don't relax, or you will NOT get that big contract with all the $$$ and perks. Remember too, the people you play with, whom you don't know and will never meet, are watching you. You dont want to let them down with your relaxed easy going fun style gameplay! So, remember, this isn't a game, it's a job and strangers are both judging you and counting on you so step it up!!!!

 

Says the dude with hidden stats...

 

Who cares about stats anyway???



Xenomancers #32 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,286
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015

View PostKalishniKat, on 27 April 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

No, just mocking those who seem to forget that this is a GAME. A free game.  So many complaints lately about how un-fun the grind is etc. If it's not fun then why the hell are you doing it??? To get great stats? To grind to the next un-fun level? To get the big financial payoff for being "unicum?" Or is your payoff the smug feeling you get by putting you stats in your signature? 

 

Ahh yes. You are one of those - "it's just a game" types. Moving on.

"Nevermind about maneuvers, go straight at 'em" - Lord Nelson


KalishniKat #33 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 277
  • Member since:
    07-13-2016

View PostXwing_Red1, on 27 April 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

 

Says the dude with hidden stats...

 

Who cares about stats anyway???

And that's why they are hidden. My stats are not for you or anyone else. They are for me as an aid to the style of play I want. I don't care about your stats, nor anyone elses. Why do you care about mine? You obviously cared enough to try and look them up? Why? How do my stats effect your life in any way at all??



Stauffenberg44 #34 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,360
  • Member since:
    08-14-2013

View PostXwing_Red1, on 27 April 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

Says the dude with hidden stats...

 

Who cares about stats anyway???

 

Stat's don't matter... except of course when they do.

A toast--to our ships at sea !
 

 

 

 


KalishniKat #35 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 277
  • Member since:
    07-13-2016

View PostXenomancers, on 27 April 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

 

Ahh yes. You are one of those - "it's just a game" types. Moving on.

It's not a game???? What is it then??



SeaBreeze_ #36 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 56
  • Member since:
    08-01-2016

View PostKerrec, on 27 April 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

 

Because sometimes, after a good/bad/long/short/stressful/boring day, you log on an just FEEL like going Leroy Jenkins into a cap, guns blazing looking to see how much carnage you can put out before you sink.

 

Then comes the try-hards that moan and cry foul because you're not trying to WIN and you're ruining their Stats.  When the community demands you play at the top of your game ALL THE TIME, wherever that happens to be, that's when playing a game becomes a JOB.

You are either trolling or a complete idiot who just likes to make everyone elses time in game miserable by being bad on purpose. It is not a job trying to good at a game. It really does not take that much effort to be decent at this game... the game is easy. Also, for someone who says they have a tough long day job you seem to have a ton of time to defend your post where you could be spending this time getting better at the game!!!!!


Edited by SeaBreeze_, 27 April 2017 - 07:38 PM.

 

 


Hiroe #37 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostSeaBreeze_, on 27 April 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

You are either trolling or a complete idiot who just likes to make everyone elses time in game miserable by being bad on purpose. It is not a job trying to good at a game. It really does not take that much effort to be decent at this game... the game is easy. Also, for someone who says they have a tough long day job you seem to have a ton of time to defend your post where you could be spending this time getting better at the game!!!!!

 

It requires different amounts of effort depending on the person. You may have some intuitive understanding of the mechanics, but not everyone does. It's much harder to improve for others. That, and having high expectations in general is very "jobby."


<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe


Hiroe #38 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostKalishniKat, on 27 April 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

It's not a game???? What is it then??

 

I agree with the idea that it's more than a game, but in the sense that a lot of modern "games" are more than simple games. There's too much to them and calling them "games" reduces them. It doesn't do the reality much justice. I still don't take them super seriously though. I don't take anything - aside from my beliefs - super seriously.

Edited by Hiroe, 27 April 2017 - 07:46 PM.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe


SpudZero #39 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 447
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

Do or do not.  There is no try.     -  Yoda

 


KalishniKat #40 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 277
  • Member since:
    07-13-2016

View PostSeaBreeze_, on 27 April 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

You are either trolling or a complete idiot who just likes to make everyone elses time in game miserable by being bad on purpose. It is not a job trying to good at a game. It really does not take that much effort to be decent at this game... the game is easy. Also, for someone who says they have a tough long day job you seem to have a ton of time to defend your post where you could be spending this time getting better at the game!!!!!

Yes, by all means NEVER use this game a means of fun or relaxation..you might let down the team of strangers you were randomly selected to play with and that would be terrible and cost them lots of money. Always play to grind, if you don't win remember that it's because you suck, are a horrible person, hate winning and never want to get better at anything in life. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users