Why Stats Mean So Much

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

vak_ #341 Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 02 May 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

That's understandable. 

Being a gym guy, if someone could squat more than me and took every opportunity to remind me of it, I'd get pretty pissed. Same thing applies here. It's a bad look.... although I really think only a small percentage of the "elite" are actually elitists. At least that's been my experience with [-K-] Kraken. It's a collection of very good but very chill guys. 

Honestly, judging from what I'm seeing on the forums, people that harras and belittle others over stats tend to be poor players. This thread (heck, even the last page alone!) are a good example of that. 

RivertheRoyal #342 Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postvak_, on 02 May 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Honestly, judging from what I'm seeing on the forums, people that harras and belittle others over stats tend to be poor players. This thread (heck, even the last page alone!) are a good example of that. 

Good stats do not massive jerks make. Most of the unicums I've interacted with have been quite nice, and committed towards making the game better. Most of them are more than willing to lend a helping hand or give some advice.

The only one's who lord their stats over others aren't doing it because of the stats or anything, they're doing it because they're already an [edited].   

Skpstr #343 Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostKalishniKat, on 02 May 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Those bedpans don't empty themselves, someone has to do it.

Ok, it was bad enough when he jabbed at working a pizza counter, now you're dissing nurses? 

So now it escalates, and somehow being an aerospace engineer will somehow be insult worthy?

Nukelavee45 #344 Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostShadow_1964, on 02 May 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Oh, I don't think I missed anything.

Exactly.  And that's the problem.

Skpstr #345 Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 02 May 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Good stats do not massive jerks make. Most of the unicums I've interacted with have been quite nice, and committed towards making the game better. Most of them are more than willing to lend a helping hand or give some advice.

The only one's who lord their stats over others aren't doing it because of the stats or anything, they're doing it because they're already an [edited].   

Exactly. There's probably plenty of good/great players that are only heard from by their friends on TS.

Just as there are probably lots of bad players who don't complain about the game mechanics.

sPzAbt505 #346 Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postvak_, on 02 May 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

You're putting the cart before the horse. Stats are a reflection of how well you, on average, can make shots, tank, cause effective fires/floodings, etc.

I agree with the viewpoint "have fun." However, you must also recognize that flaunting the fact that you don't want to learn how to play better can be annoying to others. Especially if you've got a crappy attitude on top of that. Imagine playing a game of basketball with a bunch of random dudes. Some of them might suck, and that's okay! But how would you feel about a guy that sucks, and keeps laughingly saying "Piss off, if I want to keep throwing the ball over the fence that's fine! It's only a game, chill out!"

I know that I would be irritated by that person. 

Exactly.  They are a measure of how well you do; they do not help you do well, and do not mean you -will- do well.

Telling people to have fun in no way says a thing about -my- desire to improve at the game; as far as that goes, I think I've done pretty OK.

How -you- play the game and what motivates -you- to play that way means nothing to -me- and so long as you do not actively try to lose or impede me, I don't care what you do or why you do it. 

Edited by sPzAbt505, 02 May 2017 - 07:41 PM.

KalishniKat #347 Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAzemboz, on 02 May 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Someone certainly has to. I'm sure even you could do it, if that lucrative pizza hut job of yours doesn't 'pan' out. Actually, no, there's no way you could even get certified to work at a hospital. You'd get all triggered by the complicated words on the exam.

You are really quite the bumptious buffoon.

Azemboz #348 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostKalishniKat, on 02 May 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

View PostKalishniKat, on 02 May 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm sorry that you failed to learn anything at all from this tumor of a thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users