Staff Q&A - Round 4 - Your Questions Answered

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

ErikLanshof #121 Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Seaman

• Members

is there a timeline for new or extended line of ships available at WG

So will there ever be a polish line?

French BB and Destroyer as well for GB and Italie offcourse?

Will we ever now or in the future get a "black" Warspite? or Scharnhorst?

Anything Else more prizes and give - away's and off course keep up the good work

StingRayOne #122 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Why can t the devs and WOWS(WG) fix the carrier mini map so it rotates your carrier to the bottom LIKE EVERY OTHER MAP.

not the shift map which rotates just fine, but the main game amp which causes you to think backwards 50% of the games.

please why

what how

what is the reason for keeping this.

????please help

gee whiz

do you need my wife to bake you a Lasagna?

Sting Ray One's Avatars Alive Here

My You Tube Channel       "YouTubeWest"    www.youtubewest.com       contact@youtubewest.com 

This channel has movies, military,satire, a news show and a entertainment show

Naval Historian, Government Worker and former maritime person on San Francisco Bay                                                    

_no_one_ #123 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Seaman

• Members

Ok Niko.  I apolozige in advance for my bad english.

Here is my questions to the devs:

-Why don't give the battleships repair ability to all the ships?

-There is too much micro management in higher tiers carriers, Can the devs consider to add the following shortcuts? control + F select all fighters , control + B select all bombers , control + T select all torpedoes.

-Can the devs consider to remove strafe hability and instead just give the option the fighters to strafe ships? No alt key needed , just point and click. This could reduce the AA on the target ship.

- Why don't buff a little the japanese DDs guns to compensate the many nerfs they had with the torpedoes?

- If the devs are making the russian DDs line playing like mini cruisers HE spammers why don't give them the rudder shift time of a cruiser? Don't you think they are something OP?

- What is the problem with the WG design team when they made the hull upgrade in the Emile Bertin? They didn't noticed that the AA gun in the B turret is blocking the view from the bridge?

- Can the devs consider to give the Gneisenau the 280mm triple turrets in the stock configuration?

- German tech tree option A - Can the devs consider to replace the Nurnberg at tier 6 for the Deutschland? Making the Nurnberg a new premium ship?

- German tech tree option B - Can the devs consider to implement the Deutschland as a ships connecting the german cruiser and Battleship line  at tier 6? The same way the Kv13 does in WOT?

Best regards.

lskid #124 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

More clan updates, please? Been waiting for quite some time.

Pussnboats #125 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostApaosha, on 27 April 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

In a serious line of questions though, will you guys be adding in a chat filter system so we see less in game reports and less foul language.  It just needs to be done, yea I've asked for it before, others don't want it so there's a mixed reaction.  Swearing hear and there I don't mind.  But the aggressive and abusiveness in games has got to stop.  People think that a chat ban is not a big deal anymore, wargaming staff and support staff need to start making it a big deal.  I see more violations daily.  I submit in tickets on a daily basis if it's too vulgar.  Even if a request like this is made in the forums it is met with harsh and negative consequences of abuse on the forums.  They all know what they are doing is wrong and I rarely see anything done about it.  I figured I would ask this for a final time since this is developer Q and A.  It doesn't need to become like the World Of Tanks chat box.  But the abusive players have got to go.  No Ifs and or butts about it.  If they've spent money in the game then oh well that's not your problem wargaming it's theirs.  They've GOT to go.

+1  I agree.  Find the abuse in chat is getting a lot worse. 

IJN_Yamato_BB17 #126 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:25 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Why does the Hood not have her torpedos?

NikoPower #127 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Captains!

The devs have combed through your questions and have answered quite a few of these. We will have another one of there in the not too distant future. Keep and eye out so you can submit your burning questions. 

Macabe:

Q: Why is there no ribbon for non-damaging module penetrations?

A: That's just one kind of non-damaging penetration, in addition to hitting a part of the ship with zero HP, for instance. They happen so often that a ribbon every time would crowd the interface.

However, we get that these penetrations can frustrate players. We’ll do our best to solve this problem.

Sum1sumwhere:

Q: Will the matchmaking system ever take skill level into account, on top of ship class and tier?

A: We’ll probably try this for Clan vs. Clan battles. It’s not a good idea for the Random matchmaker, since it would result in everyone’s win-rate evening out to around 50%.

If you want a more skill-based matchup, keep an eye out for the next season of Ranked Battles.

AekoldHelbrass

Q: Could you please make matchmaking ±1 tier? It's very painful to pit Independence against Tirpitz, or Ognevoi against Khabarovsk.

A: We aren’t planning on it. We get that it's hard to play against a ship of higher tier of the same class but, between classes, the difference is much softer. Destroyers are still dangerous for any battleship, cruisers dangerous or any destroyer, battleships for any cruiser, etc.

TTK_Aegis:

Q: Why is there a new Premium carrier vessel coming (Kaga) when carrier gameplay is still being fixed?

A: We did some carrier improvements and fixed some annoying problems. Meanwhile, the community has long requested a Japanese carrier. There’s nothing in the current gameplay environment prevent effective play with Kaga. She’ll also be fine with any future changes.

Aegis808z:

Q: Can you get rid of the Epicenter and “Tears of the Desert” map mode combo?

A: We’ll look more closely at Epicenter on this map. Thanks for your feedback.

M256:

Q: The consumable for spotting aircraft seems kinda unbalanced in terms of flight time and cooldown. Why does it have such a short flight time in relation to catapult fighters, and why such a long reload?

A: The flight time of a catapult fighter is 90 seconds for battleships and 360 for carriers. Spotting aircraft have 100 seconds on all ships except Perth.

Spotters are good for finishing off enemies just out of normal range, or getting enemies behind islands, or spotting torpedoes, or more precise shooting at ships hiding in smoke. The current flight time is more than enough for these tasks and we don’t want the game to revolve around this consumable with long-range shooting.

TheVahl:

Q: Are there any plans to add trainable crew to a ship, such as a Chief Engineer or Tactical Officer?

A: Not right now. A one-unit crew (the Commander) is easy to manage. Plus, Commander Skills represent the abilities of the entire crew on top of the Commander’s individual abilities.

Black_Sheep9:

Q: What’s the status of Clan play in the game?

A: In active development! We’ve got some interesting stuff coming later this year.

TDBraun:

Q: Would you consider holding a map design contest for players?

A: We already had a contest and liked it! There were lots of great entries. We might do it again in the future.

BiggieD61:

Q: What is taking so long to design/engineer endgame content?

A: Developing such content takes time. We introduced Campaigns a while back, and we’re bringing in Collections with Update 0.6.5. Plus, we’ve got a surprise or two coming up…

LegoGenius16:

Q: Can we please have those Iowa/Montana/Missouri citadel corrections that were promised for 0.6.3?

A: This correction requires more than one or two updates. It requires lots of testing because changing the ship layout is different than changing a couple of stats like concealment or rate-of-fire. At this point, that correction is ready for release in 0.6.6.

Emalkartha:

Q: Any chance of getting a slight improvement to Gneisenau's main gun dispersion? With only 6 guns, it gets very annoying when a single turret shoots its shells at opposite ends of a broadside target.

A: Gneisenau has great AA, good secondaries, torpedoes and a well-protected citadel. With such set of merits, having less-than-ideal guns is justified. Gneisenau is well-balanced compared to Nagato and Colorado, which have powerful main guns.

Taylor3006:

Q: Why can carriers only fly four signal flags when every other class can fly eight?

A: The main reasons were problems with signal placement on some carriers and some balance concerns. We’re thinking about changing this, but have no specific plans yet.

RBeen:

Q: Why does the matchmaker emphasize battles with the maximum tier spread?

A: The matchmaker’s main goal is to produce good matches as fast as possible. The number of players within different tiers is determined by when they click the “Battle!” button.

Thunderstruck2016

Q: Will giving unique consumables to new ship lines be an ongoing trend?

A: Not necessarily. Consumables are only one of the possible options we can use to give a new line a unique feel.

Tips for Better Asking The WoWS team usually doesn’t announce new features in Q&As. Instead, this is your chance to get clarification behind existing features or those announced for the future. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Edgecase #128 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Darn, no luck on my "are blowouts getting more common or just complaints about them" question. Maybe next time.

Edited by Edgecase, 11 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

Peregrinas #129 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 11 May 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

BiggieD61:

A: Developing such content takes time. We introduced Campaigns a while back, and we’re bringing in Collections with Update 0.6.5. Plus, we’ve got a surprise or two coming up…

Ooh, I love surprises! Too bad my question didn't catch on, regarding catapult aircraft reserves and why they aren't included on ships that had above-deck/outdoor facilities.

Edited by Peregrinas, 11 May 2017 - 08:11 PM.

MajorRenegade #130 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

LegoGenius16:

Q: Can we please have those Iowa/Montana/Missouri citadel corrections that were promised for 0.6.3?

A: This correction requires more than one or two updates. It requires lots of testing because changing the ship layout is different than changing a couple of stats like concealment or rate-of-fire. At this point, that correction is ready for release in 0.6.6.

good, about time

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

SiberianHuskyGamer #131 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

So, do you plan on adding German carriers into the game? i want to get some good German prototype carrier action in, but you know...i can't

HyenaHiena #132 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Great my questions was totaly ignored... why i'm still be st**id and give money to this game... 

Edited by HyenaHiena, 11 May 2017 - 11:23 PM.

"Thanks for keep working to destroy the carrier's wargaming. U doing a good job so far."

bad_arcade_kitty #133 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 12 May 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Captains!

The devs have combed through your questions and have answered quite a few of these. We will have another one of there in the not too distant future. Keep and eye out so you can submit your burning questions. 

Macabe:

Q: Why is there no ribbon for non-damaging module penetrations?

A: That's just one kind of non-damaging penetration, in addition to hitting a part of the ship with zero HP, for instance. They happen so often that a ribbon every time would crowd the interface.

However, we get that these penetrations can frustrate players. We’ll do our best to solve this problem.

Sum1sumwhere:

Q: Will the matchmaking system ever take skill level into account, on top of ship class and tier?

A: We’ll probably try this for Clan vs. Clan battles. It’s not a good idea for the Random matchmaker, since it would result in everyone’s win-rate evening out to around 50%.

If you want a more skill-based matchup, keep an eye out for the next season of Ranked Battles.

AekoldHelbrass

Q: Could you please make matchmaking ±1 tier? It's very painful to pit Independence against Tirpitz, or Ognevoi against Khabarovsk.

A: We aren’t planning on it. We get that it's hard to play against a ship of higher tier of the same class but, between classes, the difference is much softer. Destroyers are still dangerous for any battleship, cruisers dangerous or any destroyer, battleships for any cruiser, etc.

TTK_Aegis:

Q: Why is there a new Premium carrier vessel coming (Kaga) when carrier gameplay is still being fixed?

A: We did some carrier improvements and fixed some annoying problems. Meanwhile, the community has long requested a Japanese carrier. There’s nothing in the current gameplay environment prevent effective play with Kaga. She’ll also be fine with any future changes.

Aegis808z:

Q: Can you get rid of the Epicenter and “Tears of the Desert” map mode combo?

A: We’ll look more closely at Epicenter on this map. Thanks for your feedback.

M256:

Q: The consumable for spotting aircraft seems kinda unbalanced in terms of flight time and cooldown. Why does it have such a short flight time in relation to catapult fighters, and why such a long reload?

A: The flight time of a catapult fighter is 90 seconds for battleships and 360 for carriers. Spotting aircraft have 100 seconds on all ships except Perth.

Spotters are good for finishing off enemies just out of normal range, or getting enemies behind islands, or spotting torpedoes, or more precise shooting at ships hiding in smoke. The current flight time is more than enough for these tasks and we don’t want the game to revolve around this consumable with long-range shooting.

TheVahl:

Q: Are there any plans to add trainable crew to a ship, such as a Chief Engineer or Tactical Officer?

A: Not right now. A one-unit crew (the Commander) is easy to manage. Plus, Commander Skills represent the abilities of the entire crew on top of the Commander’s individual abilities.

Black_Sheep9:

Q: What’s the status of Clan play in the game?

A: In active development! We’ve got some interesting stuff coming later this year.

TDBraun:

Q: Would you consider holding a map design contest for players?

A: We already had a contest and liked it! There were lots of great entries. We might do it again in the future.

BiggieD61:

LegoGenius16:

Emalkartha:

Q: Any chance of getting a slight improvement to Gneisenau's main gun dispersion? With only 6 guns, it gets very annoying when a single turret shoots its shells at opposite ends of a broadside target.

A: Gneisenau has great AA, good secondaries, torpedoes and a well-protected citadel. With such set of merits, having less-than-ideal guns is justified. Gneisenau is well-balanced compared to Nagato and Colorado, which have powerful main guns.

Taylor3006:

Q: Why can carriers only fly four signal flags when every other class can fly eight?

A: The main reasons were problems with signal placement on some carriers and some balance concerns. We’re thinking about changing this, but have no specific plans yet.

RBeen:

Q: Why does the matchmaker emphasize battles with the maximum tier spread?

A: The matchmaker’s main goal is to produce good matches as fast as possible. The number of players within different tiers is determined by when they click the “Battle!” button.

Thunderstruck2016

A: Not necessarily. Consumables are only one of the possible options we can use to give a new line a unique feel.

Tips for Better Asking The WoWS team usually doesn’t announce new features in Q&As. Instead, this is your chance to get clarification behind existing features or those announced for the future. 

literally not a single interesting question was answered

good job, lol

i miss the old q&a threads on the russian forum...

be kind to torpedo girls - scratching, pouncing, butt wiggling, tsundere kittens of the fleet!

Quokka #134 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

Seaman

• Members

Thunderstruck2016

​I love the sense of quirkiness in the game by the Developers but....You should have put the Koala on the Perth at the top of the mast!...then you can claim to give the Perth an extra 1% view range, (it needs it), for that little fella being up there. You will sell Perth's by the dozen if you make that little change...

Just saying...

Oh and for Mothers Day,

"Say it with flowers....send her a Triffid..."

Dux_Solitude #135 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostHyenaHiena, on 11 May 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Great my questions was totaly ignored... why i'm still be st**id and give money to this game... 

Me too,

I'm frustrated by their attitude towards players

Time for WT

BIAS for mother Ruuuusia!!!

Elo_J_Fudpucker #136 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

M256:

​I am really disappointed in this answer.. You guys ignored the major issue.. .the 4min cool down is excessive (360 secs).... and why can I carry 6 spotter planes when I am only able to use 3 of them in the time the battle lasts, but I have to pay for 5 or 6 depending on capt. skills. ​Not that many ships actually carry the spotter, so  being worried about the game being drastically effected by them is a bit over-worrying.

​In the +-1 answer you maintain that cruisers can still do damage... any CA that is two tiers down in a match is so over powered by the enemy CA/L and BB that they have to stay way back.... a good example is any T8 CA/L in the T10 is just a big target waiting to die.... that goes for the BIz in a T10 as well.. cannon fodder... 

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

lron_Dog_of_Jutland #137 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Can you please release a historical Koenig and and historical Bayern? Either split line, prem or what ever?

In general the focus is heavily on WW2 - but the game is still World of WARSHIPS - and WW1 also had great ships?

Thank you!

Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi #138 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Dam I was hoping someone had asked about if we are going to have missions for the Haifuri collaboration not just premium shop ships only.

Taylor3006 #139 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostElo_J_Fudpucker, on 12 May 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

​I am really disappointed in this answer.. You guys ignored the major issue.. .the 4min cool down is excessive (360 secs).... and why can I carry 6 spotter planes when I am only able to use 3 of them in the time the battle lasts, but I have to pay for 5 or 6 depending on capt. skills. ​Not that many ships actually carry the spotter, so  being worried about the game being drastically effected by them is a bit over-worrying.

​In the +-1 answer you maintain that cruisers can still do damage... any CA that is two tiers down in a match is so over powered by the enemy CA/L and BB that they have to stay way back.... a good example is any T8 CA/L in the T10 is just a big target waiting to die.... that goes for the BIz in a T10 as well.. cannon fodder... 

Does the catapult fighter captain skill (I forget the name) that allows you to launch 2 planes at a time the reason for having 6 maybe? BTW I agree with your comment about tier 8 cruisers, I get humiliated by the tier 10 BBs and CAs at ranges where I can not even fight back. It is a pitiful state of play. 

Edited by Taylor3006, 12 May 2017 - 02:52 PM.

Elo_J_Fudpucker #140 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTaylor3006, on 12 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Does the catapult fighter captain skill (I forget the name) that allows you to launch 2 planes at a time the reason for having 6 maybe? BTW I agree with your comment about tier 8 cruisers, I get humiliated by the tier 10 BBs and CAs at ranges where I can not even fight back. It is a pitiful state of play. 

Sorry .. I got my numbers a bit mixed... but ​f'rinstance... My Bismarck has 6 spotters when the Superintendent is active, they are active for 100s and cool down is 228s...

​If I pop a spotter immediately at game launch it is 338s (5m38s) before I can launch #2, then it is another 5m38s to get #3 in the air, by the time #3 is done the game is at 16:24.. and that is all she wrote as most battles would be winding down , you'd be dead or it was over minutes ago...

​If I wait, as I should, to launch a spotter, the situation just gets worse... so yeah... spotter cool down is ludicrously long, and have they looked at hit percentages on those long range shots? My guess is it goes way way down, so I am not thinking that spotters are all that effective at facilitating damage,.. I use them more for understanding the battle field and what the other team is up to...

Cheers

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users