Clash of the Elements Coin Extravaganza - Writing Activity

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

Crudbasher #41 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

The other night I was in Grosser Kurfurst and got focused down by 4 enemy ships right in the beginning of the game. I ran and managed to tuck away behind cover with only about 20k health left. For the next 3 minutes my team fought desperately as I repaired my health. The enemy mounted a strong push with a Yamato, a Freddy and an Iowa. Finally I had over half my health recovered but at this point I had done only 20k damage so was looking for blood. My division mate in an Iowa had done his best to hold them off but they were closing. The enemy Yamato was almost at my island and the Iowa was about 5km behind him and closing fast. I threw on full power and steamed out from behind the island, guns already pre turned. My first salvo was on the enemy Yamato only 5 km away and fully broadside. I blew him apart with a 45k salvo. I then headed straight for the enemy Iowa intending to ram. My ally finished him off with a direct hit from his own Iowa. I immediately turned and raced for the enemy Freddy, who was nearly undamaged. I meanwhile was down to 13k health so I just rammed him for 72k damage. Total time from coming around the island was about 2 minutes and I ended the game with 201k damage. This game can provide such thrills! 

Edited by Crudbasher, 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM.

Sometimes RNG hates you, sometimes RNG likes you, and sometimes RNG takes you out to a nice expensive dinner and invites you back to her place. :)

SkywhaleExpress #42 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

Battleship Canal

I was in Texarkana (Battleship Texas)on Two Brothers map. At the start of the battle, I hollered "Rush the canal!" in all chat, then told my team to not really do it. The enemy Fuso and some other ships come screaming through the channel, and myself and our Fuso go through, on a killing spree. The enemy CV keeps trying to drop on us, and eventually gets our Fuso as we exit the canal. I keep killing planes and ships, whilst our team finishes winning the match.

Some weeks later, I get a similar match in my Derpitz. It was glorious to Kraken and high caliber doing this at tier 8+. Me and our other Tirpitz were cleaning house at our cap and through the canal. Nothing is more fun than convincing the enemy to do the worst possible thing, and then have a couple guys ready to defend against it.. delete 5 enemies quickly, then run through and dominate.

The action, the excitement, the craziness that is Battleship Canal!! I've not had any other map that is so fun and funny, yet so aggrivating at the same time... if your team derps out, rushing the canal first, it's almost a sure loss. But a calculated and cruel fake-out is always fun and engaging, full of surprisingly good laughs and promising an easy victory.

I have videos for both these battles too..

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

Yakoel #43 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

It's not a story about an in game battle, but I've had the weirdest of luck I'd like to share.I have enjoyed pushing further and further. I had a night about 2 days into the event where I was playing my Udaloi and detonated 2 times in a row. I wanted to see how far I could push it so I started playing my other boats with no det flags (since I'm low on those anyways) and didn't get another that night. But I did get 2 super containers in a row as well when opening my 3 crates. The day after I detonated again but this time in Bismarck taking a torp to my nose and got a super container for my first container. The containers up to that point were 2 1000 Dabloon bundles and a Radar upgrade (which I sadly couldn't use since I don't play cruisers). But then the 4th container came after I detonated in Akizuki the 4th day, and got a Belfast. I detonated the other day in Bismarck again. Don't remember if I got a super that day, but later that week I got another Radar mod. Best week of warships ever! Now to actually get my modules for the belfast ready so I can break her out after the event ends and I stop try harding with Akizuki, Bismarck and Shimakaze. Maybe the event is my good luck charm and I'll get even more containers during this weekend.

Cpt_JM_Nascimento #44 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

So you wanna hear a Kill stealing story then, huh? After the fourth kill it was made with the scientific purposes to see the reaction of the players. HERE WE GO!

Spoiler

It is exactly 250 words according to my source. I can give the screenshots of the final results if someone wish to see them

StrixKitty #45 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Beta Testers

Third Highest Damage with T-22 - North America:

I was apprehensive, and the feeling increased as I stared at the slim German Fleet Torpedo Boat in my port. I haven't played a Destroyer in months. I was nervous I'd screw it up, and watch my modest stats spiral down the drain. I manned up and clicked "BATTLE!"
   As the loading screen came up, I notice the words "Fault Line". I was still uneasy as I spawned on the north side. The announcer stated the battle had started, so I made for the "left" pass for torpedo runs. The first foes I encountered, early on, to my annoyance, was a Konigsberg and Svietlana. They had made it past the middle island and harassing the  Danae and I as we pushed forward. I unleashed salvo upon salvo of 4.1"/45-cal shells, and I watched them come down upon the cruisers. With just four measly 4.1 in. guns, I heavily damaged or sunk 2 cruisers. By this time, my apprehension had faded and anticipation replaced it. I made for the NW corner, ahead, and caught 2 lonely CV's. I gleefully crushed one Langley, and squished another AFK one. However. during my little jaunt everyone except a Hiei and I had died, leaving us to face a large-HP NY. Heading back, I slunk up to her at range and launched 2 torpedo salvos, several striking her. I again fired my guns, but the ARP Hiei had finished her off. Kraken denied, but exalting victory secured. 

- 250 words

(Not apart of the story)

To Niko:

I'm sorry Niko, but 250 words is highly annoying - practically infuriating - to a writer like myself. It's...confining, to understate, and I feel like I can't fit the full amount of apprehension, rising confidence, and complete exaltation of that moment into such a tiny short story. I'd have to condense it into a single moment in a battle rather than the whole thing, but the "moral of the story" so to speak is not that of a single moment which could of wrecked or won a battle, but of hard work and skill and how being stealthy and cautious can also be fruitful in the long haul. All my most important games are all like that on WoWS Replays. Even that 84k G-101 game took quite a while despite the short game. Even that was was uneventful, because all I did was continually cit a Kuma or Tenryu and torp a 3-div of K. Alberts. Also, I hadn't been able to go into 100% accurate detail either, and nor can I ever it seems, since I seem to be unable to access the replay file from WoWS Replays.

Others might've been able to better able to explain their stories, and I might learn from them, but I doubt I'd still be able to force myself to write in such a condensed way. I hope you later allow me, and other like me, to fully convey to you our skills instead of forcing us to write in such a manner, and I sincerely hope that this admittedly untactful suggestion to your later contests - which I do love - doesn't influence you. I highly doubt it will, in any event.

Otherwise, here's the pictures of the after-game report:

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/28654

Thank you, 

~ Kitty

Edited by StrixKitty, 27 April 2017 - 12:54 AM.

Kriegsmarine Forum Kitty

Details on Computers:

Manic_Clown #46 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I was first introduced to this game via adds on YouTube. Sink the boat with a torpedo. Seemed easy enough. After a couple of month and failure at finding a new game to satisfy my adult attention deficit stupidity, I decide to give this ago. Downloaded the game, got a free boat, saw lots of other free boats I could earn. Thought, “wow, how cool is this!?” I played coop for months, with an occasional trip into random to measure myself. Then Season 6 of Ranked was announced and I got excited. I had one tier 7, Mahan (luv that boat), a couple more I could earn before it was over, and I was off. What an eye opener that was. I was horrible at first. Playing against live players is much different than bots. So,off to random I went to learn to play against unpredictable players. So bounced back and forth between random and ranked, eventually making it to mid rank 9, at my highest level. I got stuck in the 12 to 10 ranks until the end of the season. I learned a lot, had some frustrations, had some fun too, and earned some higher tier boats. This game is easy to understand, and very hard to master (if mastering it is possible). I'm looking forward to the next season of ranked, I really want to earn the skull and cross bones flag.

TheKillstar #47 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:56 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I think the funniest thing I've done was in a game with my brother where we were both in Farraguts in Epicenter. We sailed around annoying the enemy team, chasing off enemy DDs, when, with no premeditation, we ended up stuck next to an island with a division of two Atlantas. The four of us basically just scissored back and forth but there were too many torps and battleships around for us to escape. The way the battle was playing out we just couldn't leave this little island in the center of the map, so there was this constantly smoking, constantly radaring, CONSTANTLY HE SPAMMING storm of USN fire-death stuck in the middle of the Epicenter. Enemy DDs that tried to push us out got melted, enemy BBs that tried to get anywhere close to us got a truly awe inspiring rain of fire upon them. The only casualty was when one of the Atlantas got bored and moved out of the ball of death and got insta-nuked as retribution for all the bad things we did. We won pretty handily, but mostly we just laughed at how dumb the entire thing was.

southernfellow #48 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

hello i have been playing for awhile i have almost 3000 battles under my belt i have a clan with 16 people that r dedicated as i thanks to this game i have some great friends all over the world thank u wow hope can get the people out that feel they have to cheat lov ur game

Atom_Alchemist #49 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Contained within this bottle is the last journal entry of Kriegsmarine Navy Captain Atomar Alchimist

What follows may be true based on the historical evidence.

The Setting

The bridge of the Powerful German cruiser Admiral Graf Spee, fleeing north from a early spring hurricane through the island chain known as Two Brothers.

Spoiler

Wow the word limit gets you ever single time.

if anyone is interested here is the game the this story goes to.

Edited by Atom_Alchemist, 27 April 2017 - 02:36 AM.

Atom_Alchemist #50 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostStrixKitty, on 26 April 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Third Highest Damage with T-22 - North America:

I was apprehensive, and the feeling increased as I stared at the slim German Fleet Torpedo Boat in my port. I haven't played a Destroyer in months. I was nervous I'd screw it up, and watch my modest stats spiral down the drain. I manned up and clicked "BATTLE!"
   As the loading screen came up, I notice the words "Fault Line". I was still uneasy as I spawned on the north side. The announcer stated the battle had started, so I made for the "left" pass for torpedo runs. The first foes I encountered, early on, to my annoyance, was a Konigsberg and Svietlana. They had made it past the middle island and harassing the  Danae and I as we pushed forward. I unleashed salvo upon salvo of 4.1"/45-cal shells, and I watched them come down upon the cruisers. With just four measly 4.1 in. guns, I heavily damaged or sunk 2 cruisers. By this time, my apprehension had faded and anticipation replaced it. I made for the NW corner, ahead, and caught 2 lonely CV's. I gleefully crushed one Langley, and squished another AFK one. However. during my little jaunt everyone except a Hiei and I had died, leaving us to face a large-HP NY. Heading back, I slunk up to her at range and launched 2 torpedo salvos, several striking her. I again fired my guns, but the ARP Hiei had finished her off. Kraken denied, but exalting victory secured. 

- 250 words

(Not apart of the story)

To Niko:

I'm sorry Niko, but 250 words is highly annoying - practically infuriating - to a writer like myself. It's...confining, to understate, and I feel like I can't fit the full amount of apprehension, rising confidence, and complete exaltation of that moment into such a tiny short story. I'd have to condense it into a single moment in a battle rather than the whole thing, but the "moral of the story" so to speak is not that of a single moment which could of wrecked or won a battle, but of hard work and skill and how being stealthy and cautious can also be fruitful in the long haul. All my most important games are all like that on WoWS Replays. Even that 84k G-101 game took quite a while despite the short game. Even that was was uneventful, because all I did was continually cit a Kuma or Tenryu and torp a 3-div of K. Alberts. Also, I hadn't been able to go into 100% accurate detail either, and nor can I ever it seems, since I seem to be unable to access the replay file from WoWS Replays.

Others might've been able to better able to explain their stories, and I might learn from them, but I doubt I'd still be able to force myself to write in such a condensed way. I hope you later allow me, and other like me, to fully convey to you our skills instead of forcing us to write in such a manner, and I sincerely hope that this admittedly untactful suggestion to your later contests - which I do love - doesn't influence you. I highly doubt it will, in any event.

Otherwise, here's the pictures of the after-game report:

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/28654

Thank you, 

~ Kitty

you and me both, the word limit got me fast, and i had this whole inspiring line about the 11th hour, overcoming overwhelming odds, and selfless sacrifice too.

DerKaiserliche #51 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

As probably many others will as well, I will present to you my highest damage battle because it was both intense and hilarious. 

Spoiler

Wow, 250 words seems a lot until you try to actually squeeze an epic story into a tiny amount. 

vonKaiser #52 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Jeeze this one was tough, 250 words max for someone who is not one for Brevity is a tough challenge....

Myself and the North Carolina found ourselves against an island after a frantic ram attempt by an Amagi in her death throws.  The North Carolina wouldn't be lucky for long, an ominous smoke cloud rising in the distance.  Alarm klaxon and the sizzle of metallic fish in the water close enough to scratch paint, the dull thud of detonations reverberated through the water from the North Carolina.  I charged, hydro operator screaming coordinates of the three targets popping into view through the hazy mist of smoke.  Main guns roaring to life as a salvo was sent at the enemy Benson, her bow slipping beneath the waves.  Another DD in view and the New Orleans closing in fast.  Secondary fire rippled from the decks, lacing the enemy Lo Yang as it tried to open the distance, main guns traversing as the gunners loaded.  Guns roaring to life once again, shells striking and obliterating the Lo Yang. New Orleans swung wide while the gunners crammed charges back into the breech.  In haste the targeting was off and the shells sailed harmlessly over the stern at 0.7 Kilometers, this mistake would cost the friendly Benson.  Angling and maneuvering we jockeyed for position, moving in as tight a circle as our multi-ton war machines could.  Shells crashed into the super structure and caused fires all over the ship.  Valiant Secondary crew knew what to do lacing the enemy New Orleans, securing the final kill.

Video accompaniment link in the spoilers to the battle in question

Spoiler

Edited to change video to non-commentary version in case you guys don't want to hear me talk through it lol

Edited by vonKaiser, 27 April 2017 - 01:17 AM.

For the love of god Wargaming, please remove the atrocious Citadel hit noise

Sincerely, a Tinnitus sufferer. (Edit 7/7/16 - Thank you soooooo much for the change Wargaming)

Random Gaming Moments, Ship Reviews and gameplay breakdown by yours truly: https://www.youtube.com/c/vonkaiser

Sweetsie #53 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

My best story? Easy, I introduced this game to my brother and it has brought us closer, we talk about our experiences and ships and setups....and failures.... we scream at each other while watching each other play....but, ... we talk more than we did before this game. We both research the ships and have learned so much more about naval warfare and WWII than we ever would have.   We aren't young men, and this is fun for both of us.

firessssss #54 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

There was this one time on the map loop where all of our battleships rammed the enemy team's battleships. This was on the map Loop. Both teams had gone to the opposite sides of the map and we started clashing around the big middle island Their battleships were moving in a group and started pushing around one side with a Yamato in the front. I was in my Amagi and realized that I was going to get overrun and figured that I might as well go out and take the Yamato with me. So I told my team that I was going to ram and then broadcast it to the enemy team, suggesting that we should all do the honorable thing of ramming each other. My team was winning and decided that it would be an interesting game if the battleships rammed each other. As I accelerated towards the Yamato I typed banzai! Into the chat three times and then rammed the Yamato. I died, the sad thing was that the Yamato did not. After this the rest of the battleships on my team clashed with their battleships and disappeared in reciprocating balls of fire. With the backbone of the enemy team’s push crushed the rest of my team was able to destroy the rest of their team and win the game. This game was glorious and one of the funniest I ever had in World of Warships.

Zarenno #55 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I had just started into a random match, and of course, it was two brothers. I was driving my favorite ship, the Pensacola, and was feeling very lucky; therefore, I decided I would go up the middle channel. I just needed someone to go with me, so, I decided to poke around the chat and see who would be able to help me. I was able to convince a destroyer, and a battleship to follow me on this mission. We all knew it was crazy, but i guess they felt it just might work. We kill an enemy Mermansk at the cost of our destroyer. We didn’t lose hope just yet, so we pushed through the middle channel. A few enemy battleships waiting on the enemy side, and knowing that I will most likely die (like 99.6%) chance, I decide to do the unthinkable, ram a reversing Dunkerque! I charge at the Dunkerque, and it’s like a slow, 3 minute 'rush.' I manage to catch him on fire a few times, and he put them out as soon as he got lit! Then when I was close enough to ram him, I smashed hard, causing flooding, with a fire still burning on him! then like 20 seconds or so later, he sinks because of the fatal hit. The bonus being: the surprise of us going through the middle made many of the enemies turn around, allowing for the game to be won. 

Proof:
https://youtu.be/OkndNAdxWgI

*Top 25 for Pensacola players NA (250+ Battles minimum selected)

DeathAngel1217 #56 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Wow, I really wish i could tell you a story of wonder and amazement, of bravery and honor, of courage and sacrifice, but honestly there no way i could fit all of that in only 250 word limit.Today alone I had participated in decisive victories and crushing defeats. While some games will inevitably turn out normal, there are still games that will have me on the edge of my seat, or raging with the saltiness of the 7 seas. Admittedly there have been times that have tested my will to go on (completing the entire list of tasks for the Christmas event so i could proudly display it as a badge of honor) and the frustrations of event such as the current, I have been playing this ferociously since the closed beta and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. One moment of particular fondness of mine is when I managed to role a Imperator Nikolai from one of Santa crates, which I then proceeded to quite literally jump for joy. I still get a good laugh at how dorky that was but I was on cloud 9 and nothing could bring me down. I realize now that this is probably one of the only games that gave me this experience, and I can only hope to share a few more with this game. As a loyal fan , I cant wait to see whats comes next in this amazing game, and look forward to many events and battles to come.

Arthorh #57 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I remember the day that i saw people playing Warships through livestream for the first time, it was closed Beta and entry was very limited save for some codes during those livestreams.

My love and need for a naval battles game was never fullfilled, until i clicked that game icon "World of Warships" on Twitch and saw the gameplay. It had everything that i wanted in a game and i was desperate to start playing it as soon as possible.

Well like i said before, joining the closed beta was no easy task, so i watched people play for hours each day, while also participating on giveaways and checking social media tools for a code.

After quite a long time ( well it felt long such was my desire to play the game), by pure luck, i got a code. I could not believe my eyes when i saw my name as a winner on Twitch chat, 1 out of 100 chance of winning.

Needless to say, i jumped right in and already had everything planned, BBs all the way to the Yamato, hell yeah. The dream of driving the most badass BB in history was underway.

Instead of choosing one great battle through over 4000 battles counting the 1000+ from CBT, i prefer to look back where it all started and remember the feeling that still makes me play this game to this day.

cheetofreak #58 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

Seaman

• Members

So, when I buy/research a new ship, I tend to avoid playing them for a long time, sometimes literally months or years. I’m still struggling to improve myself at this game, and one thing I really don’t want to do is let my team down because I didn’t know how to use my ship. This is the case for Leningrad. I bought the ship when it was first released, but didn’t play it, because I wasn’t sure I’d do well in it. But I was already having a bad night in my other recently purchased ship, Amagi, so I started looking for other ships to play, and decided it was finally time to bring Leningrad out.

Well, not a few minutes into the match, I eat a torpedo, and I’m down to 1,000 HP or so. My team finally arrived, because I didn’t realize how far ahead I had gotten with Leningrad’s speed, and I was able to get back into the battle. I ended up with over 100k damage, chasing down and citadelling cruisers, burning battleships, and surprisingly out dueling another DD.

The next games in the Leningrad didn’t go as well, but it definitely reminded me of all the things I love about this game, and I’m less afraid to play ships that are outside of my comfort zone or that I haven’t even played yet. This game just keeps me coming back, no matter how poorly I do or how well I am doing.

AVR_Project #59 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

When iI get teamkilled, I take it rather lightly. I usually say, "You owe me a Beer." in chat. It shows I'm not devastated or gnashing my teeth in anguish.

When I TK someone, I'm a bit more harsh on myself. After the battle, I look the player up in Warships Today, see what they are playing, and buy a suitable low tier premium they can use. I send the ship along with my apology.

A couple occasions turned out very well. These were frequent players who didn't put much money into the game.

On a recent one, I sunk a friendly Omaha with an errant torpedo from.. of all things.. a Marblehead. The incredable thing is that it was the best game I've ever had in the Marblehead with 4 enemy and 1 friendly kills. In this case, two torpedoes hit and killed a Kongo, with the third one continuing on.. and..on .. and .. on.. and .."DON'T FIRE AT YOUR ALLIES".

About 20 seconds later, "YOU JUST SUNK AN ALLIED CRUISER". Yup.. flooded out.

Oooooo Kay... 56K damage battle with a Marblehead is still good.

This player was into the new RN cruiser line – no premium ships. Bought them a Campbelltown. Couple days later, I used the game messaging and asked if they got the ship. The player was confused. They thought it was some sales pop-up. They accepted the gift. I again apologized for killing them.

I see they play that ship every day.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

Terrachova #60 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

The division started as three – two sibling Neptunes and a little bro in a Fletcher.  It was a Trap from the very beginning, we all knew it.  We just did what had to be done.  Our allies were shaken, someone had to lead them.  Someone had to take point.  Even with armor no better than a wet paper bag, we mustered the charge, and took the very center of the map, forcing the enemy to engage us if they wished to achieve anything.  It worked… for a time.  We drew their fire and drew them to us… but not enough.  We drew in but cruisers and destroyers, shredding them under the combined fire of our guns under smoke.  It was going well… but we had gotten cocky, and forgot to account for smoke.  The Fletcher went down, as did the rest of the team… and soon, it was just the two of us.  Two against six.  We broke out of the center and our smoke cover like the God that was our namesake.  Like two halves of a whole we focused down battleship, destroyer and cruiser.  Six became five, and five became three… until there was but one left, with a grave choice.  Face me, or face my comrade – whomever he ignored would be his end.  The game was won – eleven kills of twelve going to our division.  And so we went, silently into the night, to drink to our victory!

The game in question:  http://i.imgur.com/4Di8N8y.jpg

Edited by Terrachova, 27 April 2017 - 02:07 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users