Clash of the Elements Coin Extravaganza - Writing Activity

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

Rosenvamp #21 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Please excuse my probably not-so-good english.

Spoiler

Ar_FiveFieSiXtoHead #22 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

i had 30 win streak for the first time playing division with my friends, when i was playing i usually sit back i let my friends sorta carry me mostly i take out dd for them since i play ca, so this one game on map shattered where all the islands are in the middle to the side, anyways me and my dd friend went to middle on the west side on crevasse, i told him to smoke(i was X tier Des monies) and i started laughing so hard, enemy dd came to cap B as soon as i went in to the smoke i pop my radar start barraging when my artys landed on kagero, shima, tashkent, and gearing after 7 minutes into game i already earned "confederate" "Double Strike" "Devastating strike", after we took middle cap point we started re position sailing to site C where enemy were streaming down try to push us my friend who played shima torpedoed their line at the same time our team on site A as usual they were throwing(dying out) hardcore. we were lit though. oh yea the torpedo haha when torpedo reached enemy ship yamato and kurf he hits 7 torpedo hits and takes yammy and let kurf use his repair we were down half cap point around 200, my friends smoke was up he smoked me again, i started to rain down shells on kurf he start to burn and i earned my "karken un-leashed" that game we even won i did about 200k dmg at the end 3k exp !. 

IronDuke17 #23 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I imagine a lot of others will have similar stories, but this was the most intense battle I’d ever played in WoWs, so I’ll get to it.:D Story is in the spoiler as I remember it.

Spoiler

What a great battle that was.:tea_cap:

--IronDuke

Teahee #24 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

It was a rather boring start, alas this did not last long. After the long-range trading of both insults and artillery, a stray shell detonated the friendly Benson, a word here meaning to be engaged in the most fun and entertaining manner. This rather violent event shocked our remaining destroyer enough to trip over an enemy torpedo, and follow the Benson beneath the waves. Evidently this series of rather untimely events prompted the allied North Carolina to retreat from battle and attempt to sail back to port, launching a few HE projectiles in the general direction of the enemy base. A lone Atago sailed onwards, supported by an Amagi, as the salt content of teamchat increased to blood pressure-endangering levels. Yet the pair sailed onwards, incinerating enemy ships and deleting enemy cruisers. The enemy, dismissive of a mere two ships, continued to push the other flank, sweeping through the remaining allied ships. Eventually, the pair were the only two left floating, and the red capture bar began to advance. Separating paths, the Amagi sailed back at flank speed, as the Atago rushed to enter the enemy’s base. Under heavy fire, the Amagi charged the enemy ships, resetting the capture of the base as they went, dodging walls of torpedoes along the way. Cursing the rather tardy capture rate, the allied Atago, sailed in impatient circles. Finally succumbing to the enemy ships, the Amagi dragged two of the enemy ships down together, just as the capture ticked to victory.  

Join the Arpeggio of Blue Steel [ARP]    Visit us at: https://discord.gg/sMtnye7

LillyKnight #25 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

One of my absolute favorite moments in World of Warships to date took place while playing Missouri on Trap. As is unfortunately kind of standard, someone said to go for BC so the team went AB. This left me in the position of being behind the southern islands at B trying to support the unlucky few at C. I fired off several salvos for somewhere around 40,000 damage before coming under a large barrage of fire from the main bulk of the enemy team, so I decided to turn and run back towards A. Fast forward a few minutes and I’m finally joining the push from A into the bottom half of B while the enemy team has formed a tight front across the bottom half of C. Being the arguably nuts or outright dumb captain that I am, I decide it’s time to bow tank an entire enemy team with the Mighty MO’s armor. Obviously things got interesting fast. My first salvo finished a Hipper and two more salvos missed the Izumos they were fired at as they sank. Finally in my final charge to the islands near C, combined fire had set 3 fires on my deck, a Montana sank to 5 citadels, and an Akizuki forced out of its smoke ran as it tried to finish me. Finally I exploded, but hidden in that explosion was the sound of the #3 turret firing a perfect parting gift at Akizuki. And to quote them, “oh my actual god”.

GregL385 #26 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The best game I can honestly say was my first million credit game in the Missouri. I had decided (being the good contributor to this game) to give 81 dollars graciously to wargaming during the recent free xp conversion sale to buy the Missouri. I bought Missouri and boy is she pretty. Those sleek lines mixed with the daring synthesis of AA and firepower is quite a sight to see . The map was Islands of Fire. I decided that given how amazing I am I would push into C to try and be as effective of a BB can be with its 16 inch shells. You CANNOT compare this ship to Iowa because she is just better in every way! So as I am pushing into C the enemy dds are cowering in fear as the Mighty Mo comes barreling  around the island. They think their little puffs of white smoke are going to save them yet once I popped my radar they soon felt the fear of god. The radar made quick disposal of their pathetic little attempts to run away from C cap.  I decided given how glorious I was that it was time to take my talents to B cap and pressure the enemy from that area. The little cruisers thought they could withstand the almighty Missouri and her 16" guns  but they soon found themselves listing sideways and down into the cold depths of the sea. Citadel after citadel came raining down like a hailstorm. I felt even worse for the pathetic attempts that the IJN CV thought that he could attack my ship. 19 poor Japanese pilots met their fate from the glorious 40mm bofors that were raining hell into the sky. The game came down to the last few ships and all that was left was the mighty Kraken. The hand of FDR himself guided my shells and landed on some poor unsuspecting DD for the glorious fifth kill. The best part came after the match however when I saw the end of action report. Over 1 million credits. What a game and performance that made me happy that I spent the money! 

http://imgur.com/a/0YXPQ

Edited by GregL385, 26 April 2017 - 10:48 PM.

netcup #27 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

For once I did not call my not-so-good teammates potatoes, but actually tried to advise them and provided a sound reasoning why it is bad what they do and to my surprise … well, it did not help and we still lost, but as opposed to the usual 'you were reported x times' I actually got 2 compliments.

Maybe being a somewhat nice person now and then doesn't get me chat banned so often. :B

Spoiler

Aristya #28 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, there was a region called Soloman Islands.  The story happened when the match making is still favorable for tier 5 seal clubbers.  There was a captain sacrificing a goat to the great God of RNG.  This is a common practice in that far away land, sailors would sacrifice goats before the upcoming ferocious battle, praying for metal fishes and fiery shells to hit delicious belly seals offer.  Without further delay, the captain swiftly looked through his enormous collection of 1 ship, took a deep breath and yelled:

“I choose you! Kamikaze R! Team Rocket get on the boat, we are out to capture some seals! Commence operation Rush B just kidding, A.  Are you ready kids?”

“Aye, aye, Captain!”

The captain’s intuition is never wrong. A large school of seals consists of 1 New York, 2 Wyomings, 1 Myogi and a st. Louis are heading towards A in a beautiful line. 

“Alright kids, it is captain speaking here.  We will take advantage of the stealth we have. Aim all the torpedos at the st. Louis closest to us, prepare for devastating strike!”  In few seconds, st. Louis went belly up after some delicious metal fishes right to the side.  Similarly, Myogi and Wyomings suffered the same fate as st. Louis without realizing what hit them. 

“It is captain speaking again, the time is ripe.  Let us show them our finishing move! Banzai Charge!!!!!” Engine on full speed, torpedoes finish reload, charging straight towards enemy New York. 

The sailors’ cry of “banzai” rang across the entire island. 

Kraken has unleashed, let’s have some takoyaki for dinner tonight.  

Edited by Aristya, 26 April 2017 - 10:58 PM.

STP72_1 #29 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Perhaps the best game I had was several months ago, on the Two Brothers map. I was in the German cruiser Nurnburg and the enemy had brought two dds plus a cruiser down through the channel (heading north to south) to our Cap at the south end of the channel. I quickly moved east from A Cap and I think we had a BB plus another ship engaging those three in our cap. Once I got there I sped in between the two dds, and fired off a torpedo spread from each side. Luckily both spreads hit their intended targets, sinking both the dds. Additionally, a torp from one of the spreads managed to strike the cruiser, flood and sunk it as well, for the elusive and exhilirating double strike. So I managed three kills with two spreads of torpedoes in about 10 seconds in a ship that I wasn't really comfortable playing at the time. I'll never forget the adrenaline rush going in there gave me. Luckily the enemy was too busy focusing our other ships, allowing me to go in unopposed and get close enough to launch torpedoes. I've never had the same thing happen again, and may never will, but I'll never forget that memorable battle on the Two Brothers map, which is still a favourite of mine to this day. However, I don't recall if we won that battle or not, but it didn't matter. I was happy with how it shaked down.

GenErick64 #30 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:07 PM

Seaman

• Members

This was the game that I got my first ever Kraken, my ship of choice was ARP Kongou.

The map was Two Brothers, my team had the southern spawn and I went on the west flank. It was not lone before we engaged the enemy and I was able to spot a juicy target. With a blessing from RNGeesus, I quickly deleted the stationary, broadside Atlanta in one salvo.

As my teammates continued to steam around the west toward the enemy cap, we were beginning to be capped by the enemy team who had taken the east flank.

Acting quickly, I finished off another enemy cruiser (Kirov I think) who was blocking the middle channel.

I turned Kongou down the center channel to take the shortcut and as I was about to exit the other side I got pincered by a DD (Nicholas I think) on the left and a Konigsberg on the right. My secondaries opened up on both ships that were relatively low health while I focused on the Haruna in the cap with my main guns. I was only hoping to stall long enough for my teammates to arrive since they took the long way around. Miraculously, my secondaries managed to finish off the Konigsberg and the destroyer in quick succession while I shelled Haruna into submission.

The last three kills took about 15 seconds.

Of course it was after that battle that I figured out how the replay system had to be activated :'(

Kongou is best ship

If you must know...

Spoiler

buffalosailor #31 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Seaman

• Members

m

My best story? Just recently playing a random battle with my newly acquired Alabama I pulled up next to the Izumo and slowly we went forward into open sea. One would

pull forward then back off as the other did the same. With just the two of us we swept the sea before us the enemy scattering in all directions. We never even communicated ,we just seemed to find a rhythm I don`t know how many kills Izumo got ( 3 I think)But I got two Yes we won the battle ,but the real fun was working in concert with another player and seeming to get everything right! We capped B and headed to C together still not communicating! just working together ,a strange almost psychic connection between us. getting more hits along the way but no more kills for me. eventually we lumber into C and by that time it was game overit was one of my highest scoring games ever!Probably one of my favorite games!

Edited by buffalosailor, 30 April 2017 - 02:59 PM.

issm #32 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Entering a match on Northern Lights in Kiev, I saw that I spawned quite close to the isolated D cap, and decided to head there hoping for one of the small group brawls the zone offers.

Approaching the cap point, I noticed that a Minotaur had been spotted also heading to the cap from the enemy side.

Knowing that my Kiev had zero chance of capturing the point, I decided instead to ambush the Minotaur first, before doubling back.

To my surprise, when I rounded the corner of the island separating D cap from the rest of the map, I saw a Baltimore in front of the target Minotaur.

I decided to attack anyway. Charging the Minotaur, I dropped one set of torpedoes into the flat broadside of the Baltimore as I passed him, for a Devastating Strike.

The Minotaur was now running. I kept my Kiev head on, bouncing/absorbing his shells with my hull/turrets, while overtaking him with my top speed, in hopes of another torpedo kill.

After tanking numerous salvos from the Minotaur, he decided to turn, allowing me to also turn, and drop my remaining torpedoes into his side. Just as the last torpedo launched, the Minotaur managed to fire one clear salvo into the broadside I was now showing, killing me - a second before my torpedoes hit him to complete the trade of a T9 and T10 cruiser for a T8 destroyer.

(237 words, right in the middle. Or 247 with this)

Spoiler

Edited by issm, 26 April 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Got a problem with the game? Don't pay WG, and tell them why.

Mandatory Introductory Reading to the Internet

Taylor3006 #33 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Ensign

• Members

One of my favorite battles was with my Langley on the Solomon Islands map in Co-op mode and had the capture points on it. The bots had given us a hard time, we had lots of newbies, and all that was left on our team was a badly beaten up battleship and cruiser and me, a full health CV.  My team mates were headed to the closest cap and I was on their tail, they were busy fighting and did not notice me until the cruiser scraped into me. He was upset that I was so far forward but I had a plan and it quickly came into play. The bots immediately ignored my wounded team and focused on shooting me. This allowed my team to quickly finish off the bots except for the bot Langley. We got the cap and headed towards the last bot. My air attack was poorly timed so he was able to repair flooding and the fires. RNG was not with me on the second attack and I got no flooding but it allowed my team to get within weapons range and they sank him quickly. What made this game memorable was the messages I received in port after the match. My teammates thanked me for putting my ship at risk in order to keep them alive and get the win. It was the first time I received Karma as well!

issm #34 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Not an entry, but is WGNA doing these contests to slightly bump up the number of people who can buy the KamiR?

Please do some more, I need another 190 coins to get both the KamiR camo+2k doubloons (or 140 assuming that I haven't messed up my entry here).

Got a problem with the game? Don't pay WG, and tell them why.

Mandatory Introductory Reading to the Internet

salival007 #35 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It had been a fierce battle to this point, we were at Two Brothers battling to defend our Capture Base against the Red Naval Fleet. Many of our warships were badly damaged, and we were outnumbered, 6 to 4 going into the final 1 minute and 30 seconds while also trailing 459 - 568.

We are aboard a Fuso Class Battleship, sailing starboard to an Amagi heading Northwest outside our A cap chasing a Tirpitz at 11km steaming towards our A Capture, all the while a tier 8 Fubuki class Destroyer closes in to 7km from our stern.

Our allied Atago had closed distance and rained HE shells on the destroyer, fatally damaging it. The score ticks on, 505 - 539, 00:30 seconds remain before a valiant defeat awaits.

Back aboard the Fuso, our gunnery had aimed toward our port to dispatch the Fubuki that is now sunk. Torpedoes in the water! A full salvo is spotted heading towards our ship, however our only option to win is to shoot the Tirpitz, meaning a hard turn to starboard, and into the direct line of torpedoes.

Fortune favours the brave, only 1 torpedo explodes into our Fuso causing engine damage, but the turn is now complete. With 5 seconds remaining we fire a full salvo 11.4km towards the retreating Tirpitz. With 1 second remaining 6 shells collide into the bowels of the Tirpitz, causing citadel damage and sinking the ship as the timer ticks down to 00:00. Victory 549 - 495.

Top_Gun_1999 #36 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Long long time ago in the Virtual world far far away, i was in the most OP ship-Saipan, in of course, Tears of the Players (Epicenter). Game started, i am facing against an AS ranger. However, due to "Skill Deference" (not saying i'm good in CV), i got a clear sky with 64 planes shot down against him. And yet there was this Izumo player that keep saying "Saipan you sux can't kill me". Well, i ignored him for majority of the match. The games goes on, and i was barely alive with 1600 health and the last man standing in our team. Our team was sitting at 980 points and no capture zone, so the enemy points is closing in fast, there were 4 enemies left, and they are: Neptune, Ibuki, Izumo and Baltimore. Again, this Izumo player is typing "Saipan you sux" for the 3rd or 4th times. Hence i selected the most GLORIOUS Tier 9 USN Torpedo bomber, and send them toward the ibuki, but i think again, there is no way i can kill a full HP  Def-AA ibuki, so why not take the bait and go for the very annoying Izumo. Once my planes are grouped up and ready to strike, i drop them at the perfect broadside of the Izumo. 2 seconds passed, torps armed and the next thing you know, he got "DETONATION"ed. After that game, i received 21 compliments.

Edited by Top_Gun_1999, 01 May 2017 - 07:26 AM.

Cruiser_kebobstuzov #37 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I was playing my beloved Khabarovsk on the map Atlantic. Spawning in the north, the team splits all across the map and we lost many ships. Early on we are at a four ship deficit, 11-7 until I get a fast and brutal arsonist on the enemy nagato thanks to a double fire followed by a triple fire from a single salvo that melted the poor faildivved Battleship. The enemy responds rapidly with a kill onto our Yugumo, leaving us with just two destroyers to their five. Shortly after, I dump my torpedoes at an enemy missouri that has pushed forward, landing a single torp and flood on him and shockingly, take down a z-46 that was not detected. Not thirty seconds after, the missouri dies to my flood. That makes three frags. While capping B point, I help to finish off a Zao and offload my torpedoes at the enemy sims, resulting in their shimakaze eating one and dieing, again, never spotted as I get myself a Kraken. Finally I burn down the enemy Montana that was limping back to the fight and chase down a low health Kutuzov to make it Seven kills and an amazing team effort for a comeback victory. I personally earn Kraken, Confederate, High Caliber, Devastating Strike, Arsonist, and Witherer medals from 428 shells and five torpedoes. Games like these only come around for me once every few months if that.

dark.png

NemissisTheory #38 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

"Action stations!" was called and I pushed my North Carolina into full throttle on the Hotspot map. The T10 game sent chills down the spines of all Tier 8 captains. After 15 minutes of game-play things looked bleak, the enemy had us at a 2 VS 4 situation which lasted shortly when my friendly Kutuzov decided to rush their Yamato. "You are the last hope" blared in my ears, I nervously pressed the tab button. Yamato, Atago, Tashkent and Baltimore. My North Carolina still had about 3/4 of her health, despite taking damage in game. I managed to capture Alpha and was in the midst of securing Bravo when the enemy Yamato steamed into view. Unfortunately for her, she had taken substantial damage from the suicidal Kutuzov's torpedoes, and with one salvo into her citadel she was headed to the depths. Simultaneously the Tashkent boldly steamed into my secondary range and got himself detonated. Finally able to secure Bravo, I steamed towards Charlie when suddenly Atago and Baltimore rained shells down on me. I quickly trained my guns on Atago in case of torpedoes, I fired all my guns and sunk her, but she had managed to launch torpedoes. I began flooding and my health dropped below 15000. All that was left was the Baltimore. With my heath ticking down I trained my front 2 turrets on her and fired. Luckily I hit her citadel and she was destroyed. I won the battle with a mere 200 HP remaining.    

SgtSullyC3 #39 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:01 AM

Ensign

• Members

There I was, on the map Two Brothers, Domination Mode, in my trusty North Carolina.. My team had broken through the A flank, capturing A and their home cap but leaving the D flank open. I saw the last ship near our home base fall to a hostile Ibuki. It was only one little cruiser on our home base, right? No big deal? So I charged into the strait at flank speed, rounding the corner halfway down the channel just as they captured our home base. To my horror, a full health Iowa and North Carolina escorted by a heavily damaged Yugumo guarded the mouth of the strait while the Ibuki ran away giggling at my plight. I smirked, screamed LEROY JENKINS, and charged. The enemy North Carolina had the same idea and charged me. The Iowa, taken aback by my aggressive move, turned full broadside to bring his rear turret to bear, forgetting that I still had six 16" guns pointed at him. Smack! And his health was suddenly at less than 8K. The other NoCal and I drove past each other - with no room to maneuver, he chugged off up the channel. Another salvo with the forward turrets and the Iowa sank. The Yugumo, realizing the mess he was in, made an attempt to escape. Unfortunately for the Yugumo, my rear turret had just reloaded. Three shells later, the Yugumo joined the Iowa on the bottom, my team's score ticked to 1000, and the game abruptly ended.

That's exactly 250 words, I had to edit the story some when I realized it was 330 words ;_;

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 27 April 2017 - 07:26 AM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

Glocktalker69 #40 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Get home from work, and my and one of my buddies get home from work. We get into World of Warships. I ask him, “You have a Texas, don't you?” “Yup,” comes the reply. “Que it up.” I ready my Zuiho and we drop into battle. Now, I'm NOT a good CV player. And with horror, as the team list loads, I realized – in fact I'm so bad, I haven't reassigned my skills since the captain re-work, because that's just how frequently I play CVs. So mortified into silence, we start the game. Oh joy – AS Bogue on the enemy team. This is less than optimal. However, the show must go on. I send my first two waves of torp bombers along the side and hammer-drop a BB that got a little too aggressive. He complains in chat, to which I meekly reply “Sorry, I'm a CV noob!” The enemy doesn't believe me – I admit sheepishly my captain has no skills assigned at all. I think this goads the enemy Bogue into really gunning for me, since he knows I'm not going to be playing very intelligently. I put my torp bombers (after rearming new squadrons because the first strike wave got deleted (told you I'm a noob) into orbit around the Texas. Bait the Bogue, he goes for it. All told, I did 51k or so, which I'll take for a tier 5 as a noob. My buddy shot down about 30 planes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users