Am I the Only One Getting Reported For Playing CV?

CV NEEDS REWORK

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

TenguBlade #21 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 26 April 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

If people are salty about your CV, congrats.  You not only did your job, but you did it well and did your part for the team.

Disagree, although I wasn't even aware this was possible within my viewpoints until today.  I got really mad at a Shokaku because he threw his entire air wing, fighters included, at a Des Moines in an attempt to kill him.  Fool gave him a free Clear Sky and 56 plane kills - the DM lived and ended the match with ~35000 HP, a Kraken in addition to the Clear Sky, and over 3000 base XP.  Not to mention the enemy Lexington actually managed to snipe our Shokaku and still do damage on the side.

Edited by TenguBlade, 27 April 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

phydaux42 #22 Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 26 April 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Disagree, although I wasn't even aware this was possible within my viewpoints until today.  I got really mad at a Shokaku because he threw his entire air wing, fighters included, at a Des Moines in an attempt to kill him.  Fool gave him a free Clear Sky and 56 plane kills - the DM lived and ended the match with ~35000 HP, a Kraken in addition to the Clear Sky, and over 3000 base XP.  Not to mention the enemy Lexington actually managed to snipe our Shokaku and still do damage on the side.

Getting mad at stupid people for being stupid is like getting mad at water for being wet.  

StoneRhino #23 Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 27 April 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

I have been noticing a huge increase in the number of "Wow" bad CV players.  One I even tried to explain that at T7 he needs to learn to strafe and he responded with something to the effect of "They removed Strafe noob".  As he was getting strafed left and right, oh sure RNG has you losing multiple squadrons at once because "Reasons".

HazeGrayUnderway #24 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 27 April 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

I have been noticing a huge increase in the number of "Wow" bad CV players.  One I even tried to explain that at T7 he needs to learn to strafe and he responded with something to the effect of "They removed Strafe noob".  As he was getting strafed left and right, oh sure RNG has you losing multiple squadrons at once because "Reasons".

This thread is for you.  I promise you, you will absolutely L-O-V-E it.

crzyhawk #25 Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View PostWowzery, on 26 April 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

I find I'm usually the opposite, because those strike CV players don't do **** to help protect their team.  I find them useless stat buffers who don't do much and most times end up at the bottom because their planes were blown out of the sky in useless attacks against strong AA ships.

I'll report a AS CV if they circle their fighters over their CV and don't do anything.

This.  I like team playing AS CVs on my team.  Strike gets a report nearly every time I see them.

CV players need to learn and accept:  you are hated by your own team and the other one.

Edited by crzyhawk, 28 April 2017 - 10:13 AM.

Shadow_1964 #26 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 26 April 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

There are people who will outright teamkill a USN CV on sight if there's an IJN CV on the other team at high-tiers, and people who will kill IJN CVs on sight, period.  It's utterly ridiculous how little respect players of that class get, especially nowadays.

​Yeah. I don't get that. I get that CVs need some work, but I'm not experienced enough with them to really know what. I play ALL the ship classes and don't really wave a flag for any particular class as I enjoy them all. I've said before that I don't think the vast majority of the CV haters have ever even played a CV. I say- get one and play it. Then come cry about how you think it sucks. I think most would change their minds.

Carrier_Lexington #27 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Ensign

• Members

For the last time, "protecting your team" does not mean getting air kills. That's what cruisers are for, and cruisers are often in a better position to do that as opposed to fighters.

Here's how Strike Carriers protect their team:

• Depositioning: Cruiser abusing their gun-arc and shelling an ally with impunity from behind an island? Torpedo that sucker. Enemy BB angled against any firepower allies could bring-to bear against him/her? Dive-bomb 'em. Destroyer camping smoke and not moving? Torpedo it.
  • Target Exposure: Have you ever been pumping HE at an angled battleship, but you just can't seem to get any fires or incapacitations to stick? Sure would be nice if there was an ally CV who could force that newb to burn his Damage Control.
  • Face-biting: Occasionally, the team may need some... positive examples on how to deal with enemy battleships. You taking a third of one's health off might get them to take their brave pills and change their trousers, and may even cause the enemy captain to forget where he put his ration.
  • Torpedo Detection: All plane squadrons detect torpedoes.
  • Base defense: Strike CVs are infinitely more capable of dealing with base captures than AS CVs

Edited by Carrier_Lexington, 28 April 2017 - 04:27 PM.

"Heresy!"

StoneRhino #28 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 28 April 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

This thread is for you.  I promise you, you will absolutely L-O-V-E it.

I thought I had a response in that thread.  It's easier to understand someone at tier 10 not knowing what strafes are than someone at tier 7 thinking strafes have been removed.  Neither is excusable though 

marcmad #29 Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I tend to get a lot more compliment from both my team and the enemy team than report.

Stuff that will make you appreciated:

- The obvious last minute straffe that stop your ally from eating a boatload of torps

- Killing dds that are flanking your battleships

- Spotting enemy dds that are trying to escape so that your team can fire at them.

- Generally being a badass and saving the game by getting an assortment of dev strike, multi kill, confederate, high caliber and clear sky.

- Spotting torpedos, especially coming from enemy dds that are trying to torps your ships. This often go along with the second point

- Actually moving up with the team and not camping a A1 to get killed by a random DD late in the game

- When the game start, assist at spotting caps (spotting enemy ships and DDs before your own DD spot them). Then keep assisting by spotting enemy DDs or their torpedos when both team DDs are smoked.

Shadow_1964 #30 Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postmarcmad, on 28 April 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

I tend to get a lot more compliment from both my team and the enemy team than report.

Stuff that will make you appreciated:

- The obvious last minute straffe that stop your ally from eating a boatload of torps

- Killing dds that are flanking your battleships

- Spotting enemy dds that are trying to escape so that your team can fire at them.

- Generally being a badass and saving the game by getting an assortment of dev strike, multi kill, confederate, high caliber and clear sky.

- Spotting torpedos, especially coming from enemy dds that are trying to torps your ships. This often go along with the second point

- Actually moving up with the team and not camping a A1 to get killed by a random DD late in the game

- When the game start, assist at spotting caps (spotting enemy ships and DDs before your own DD spot them). Then keep assisting by spotting enemy DDs or their torpedos when both team DDs are smoked.

Good points. I will remember those and deploy them. Thank You!

HazeGrayUnderway #31 Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 28 April 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I thought I had a response in that thread.  It's easier to understand someone at tier 10 not knowing what strafes are than someone at tier 7 thinking strafes have been removed.  Neither is excusable though 

Those kind of threads about a new player wondering how all their planes just disappeared came up every now and then but it's been rare these days.

Imagine having that kind of CV on your team, especially with the awesome power of Tier X CVs.  Imagine if your CV was like that and you were facing a Strike Hakuryu.

*shudder*

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 04 May 2017 - 12:56 AM.

SweetRollThief #32 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I lost 4 karma last night finishing up my Bouge grind. Im new to CV but not new to the game, no idea who reported me or why. 5,000+ games going through all other ship lines and ive never lost karma like that. Of course I did get 5-6 clear skies achievements with the stock load out.... maybe thats it.

StoneRhino #33 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 04 May 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

Those kind of threads about a new player wondering how all their planes just disappeared came up every now and then but it's been rare these days.

Imagine having that kind of CV on your team, especially with the awesome power of Tier X CVs.  Imagine if your CV was like that and you were facing a Strike Hakuryu.

*shudder*

Don't get me wrong I do understand. I think someone who likely free xped up to t10 in any class is a bad idea. I think it's worse however when you try and help someone in chat during a game that they flat out refuse to listen. Both are really bad thou

Hibiki_The_Phoenix #34 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Cuz CV is always the one to blame. Believe it or not, I got reported simply because I was playing CV in ranked. 

Remember to blame your CV for losing, for sinking, or for not winning fast enough

phydaux42 #35 Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I got yelled at in chat and called a noob because I DIDN'T drive into the furthest corner and try to hide.  I tried to explain that that made my round-trips too long and cut down on my total number of sorties, and I was met with the reply "What the @#$% is a SORTIE?"

Carrier_Lexington #36 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postphydaux42, on 07 May 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

"What the @#$% is a SORTIE?"

Sometimes, the way that I'm treated in-chat just makes me want to

Edited by Carrier_Lexington, 07 May 2017 - 04:23 PM.

"Heresy!"

BigJohnsonLogan #37 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAdmiralHattori, on 26 April 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

If there was one class of ship that I get reported the most for playing, it would be CV. Of course the report/karma system doesn't really affect me unless I abuse the chat but I find that I get reported by my team for being outclassed by enemy CV/AA or doing too well against my adversaries. I'm always out there doing the world a favor like helping the Iowa lower her citadel 10 feet under the water with my trusty torpedoes or provide news' coverage of a high speed destroyer chase.

In all seriousness, WG got to pick up the pace with reworking CVs...

Honestly, I didn't know it was a felony for sinking warships with a CV.

Actaully, I think it would be great if they had a medal, like they do for "Witherer" for Reporting and setting CV  on fire, even the ones on your own team.

CV is an OP class for inbred, introverted, retarded, crippled children to play. Play a real ship class.

Carrier_Lexington #38 Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on 07 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Actaully, I think it would be great if they had a medal, like they do for "Witherer" for Reporting and setting CV  on fire, even the ones on your own team.

CV is an OP class for inbred, introverted, retarded, crippled children to play. Play a real ship class.

"Heresy!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users