Am I the Only One Getting Reported For Playing CV?

CV NEEDS REWORK

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

AdmiralHattori #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

Seaman

• Members

If there was one class of ship that I get reported the most for playing, it would be CV. Of course the report/karma system doesn't really affect me unless I abuse the chat but I find that I get reported by my team for being outclassed by enemy CV/AA or doing too well against my adversaries. I'm always out there doing the world a favor like helping the Iowa lower her citadel 10 feet under the water with my trusty torpedoes or provide news' coverage of a high speed destroyer chase.

In all seriousness, WG got to pick up the pace with reworking CVs...

Honestly, I didn't know it was a felony for sinking warships with a CV.

Viscount #2 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Just enjoy making all the nerds rage that they got sunk.

MidnightShamalan #3 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

well. now you know. it is a felony. :trollface:

in seriousness though, just feast on the tears. it's good eats. just don't respond to their hate bait.

Carrier_Junyo #4 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I do report Air Superiority CV's quite often for "plays poorly". Strike CV players are generally better players. Just simple statistics. 

WG, please remove Air Superiority Carrier loadouts from the game. I'm sure that if you looked at Air Superiority Win Rates vs Balanced or Strike Win Rates, your data will show you the vast inferiority of this loadout in its ability to help their team's chances to win. Meanwhile, they are encouraging the balanced or strike CV player to stop playing CVs due to decreasing their enjoyment of the game and creating frustration. Removing Air Superiority loadouts, and "re-balancing" the balanced and strike loadouts is the easiest fix to the current CV problem. Match the air power of both nations for equivalent loadouts. Ideally, players should be able to select their loadouts in-game, not in port. This way, they are able to adapt to enemy CV's actions and it adds an extra element of tactics and strategy, rather than being at a disadvantage already at Port. 

MisoSovp #5 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

If you did the best to your ability in a match, don't sweat the reports. I get reported in my CV, but I am not 100% sure why. Maybe salty teammates that think I can race my fighters across the map to save them in less than a second? :)

DasBootcamp #6 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I actually get the most upvotes in my CV's. But I play AS on all my carriers, so the team loves the spotting and not having to worry as much about strike carriers.

Warships Supremacy League - Task Force Apocalypse

www.twitch.tv/mrgreatergood

BladedPheonix #7 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester

View PostCarrier_Junyo, on 26 April 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

I do report Air Superiority CV's quite often for "plays poorly". Strike CV players are generally better players. Just simple statistics. 

he's right you know, there's sky cancer.....and then there's "sky cancer"!:yes_cap:

KyourakuShunsui #8 Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I report CVs on my team that play poorly, but it is silly to report an enemy just because they sunk you. The biggest problem with the game is that CVs are so instrumental (especially at higher tiers) than having a potato CV on your team (when the enemy has a good player) generally means that you are going to lose, regardless of how well you do. 

It can get frustrating, and so I understand why someone would get salty. Here is hoping that WG can somehow fix the imbalance in CV play but I doubt it.

pewpewpew42 #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

You're just rude if you report someone for playing the way they want to.
light.png

Shadow_1964 #10 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostAdmiralHattori, on 25 April 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

If there was one class of ship that I get reported the most for playing, it would be CV. Of course the report/karma system doesn't really affect me unless I abuse the chat but I find that I get reported by my team for being outclassed by enemy CV/AA or doing too well against my adversaries. I'm always out there doing the world a favor like helping the Iowa lower her citadel 10 feet under the water with my trusty torpedoes or provide news' coverage of a high speed destroyer chase.

People report you just for making it through queue.

Wulfgarn #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Enemy CV parks on top of me for half the match while im in a DD? I never considered reporting until now. :teethhappy:

If you think about it, everyone can see what a CV is doing the whole battle. It makes sense for that ship type to be complimented/reported more often

Edited by Wulfgarn, 26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

Wowzery #12 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostCarrier_Junyo, on 26 April 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

I find I'm usually the opposite, because those strike CV players don't do **** to help protect their team.  I find them useless stat buffers who don't do much and most times end up at the bottom because their planes were blown out of the sky in useless attacks against strong AA ships.

I'll report a AS CV if they circle their fighters over their CV and don't do anything.

WanderingGhost #13 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostWowzery, on 26 April 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

I find I'm usually the opposite, because those strike CV players don't do **** to help protect their team.  I find them useless stat buffers who don't do much and most times end up at the bottom because their planes were blown out of the sky in useless attacks against strong AA ships.

I'll report a AS CV if they circle their fighters over their CV and don't do anything.

Unfortunatley, double edged sword. As a CV player, matches where I run AS it's either redundant (out tiered so often it's frustrating) because of insanely OP AA or I eviscerate the enemy planes, but still lose because I can't do enough damage with DB's. I run strike, well, that's where most of my win% comes in them and, because I'm out tiered often meaning AA obliterates my planes unless the RNG gods deem my enemy unworthy, I need the extra freaking planes just to not be useless inside of 5-10 minutes. And that's not going Full Potato and attacking groups or cruisers, that's attacking solo BB's and destroyers.

To the OP - You either have to be like, as the CinemaSins guys would say "like a Ghostbusters demon, hate only makes us (or in this case you) stronger"

This guy :

Or some combination of both... preferably both.

cometguy #14 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I've seen people say they're reporting their team's USN CV simply because they were up against an IJN CV and therefore the team will lose.

While their team did lose, it wasn't because of their CV, more so in spite of their CV.

TenguBlade #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View Postcometguy, on 26 April 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

I've seen people say they're reporting their team's USN CV simply because they were up against an IJN CV and therefore the team will lose.

While their team did lose, it wasn't because of their CV, more so in spite of their CV.

There are people who will outright teamkill a USN CV on sight if there's an IJN CV on the other team at high-tiers, and people who will kill IJN CVs on sight, period.  It's utterly ridiculous how little respect players of that class get, especially nowadays.

Edited by TenguBlade, 26 April 2017 - 03:49 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Carrier_Lexington #16 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 26 April 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

S**t. Did it again. Oh, well.

For the last time, "protecting your team" does not mean getting air kills. That's what cruisers are for, and cruisers are often in a better position to do that as opposed to fighters.

Here's how Strike Carriers protect their team:

• Depositioning: Cruiser abusing their gun-arc and shelling an ally with impunity from behind an island? Torpedo that sucker. Enemy BB angled against any firepower allies could bring-to bear against him/her? Dive-bomb 'em. Destroyer camping smoke and not moving? Torpedo it.
  • Target Exposure: Have you ever been pumping HE at an angled battleship, but you just can't seem to get any fires or incapacitations to stick? Sure would be nice if there was an ally CV who could force that newb to burn his Damage Control.
  • Face-biting: Occasionally, the team may need some... positive examples on how to deal with enemy battleships. You taking a third of one's health off might get them to take their brave pills and change their trousers, and may even cause the enemy captain to forget where he put his ration.
  • Torpedo Detection: All plane squadrons detect torpedoes.
  • Base defense: Strike CVs are infinitely more capable of dealing with base captures than AS CVs

"Heresy!"

sartt #17 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAdmiralHattori, on 26 April 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

View PostTenguBlade, on 26 April 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

There are people who will outright teamkill a USN CV on sight if there's an IJN CV on the other team at high-tiers, and people who will kill IJN CVs on sight, period.  It's utterly ridiculous how little respect players of that class get, especially nowadays.

Tengublade isn't lying has happened to me alot.  

sartt #18 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 26 April 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Guess whats LET ME link you a video MY CV > YOUR SHIP GET THAT EMBEDDED IN YOUR BRAIN  

HazeGrayUnderway #19 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

If people are salty about your CV, congrats.  You not only did your job, but you did it well and did your part for the team.

dannyboy1939 #20 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:11 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Just helped win a match in my AS Ranger, got damage when I could vs another strike Ranger, our DD capping, enemy sending waves of DBs at him and he was low health, the enemy CV never touched him. 46,949 damage and burned a Bayern, don't underestimate AS loads, they can spot, pester DDs, spot torps, and deny an area from strikes, while that damage is low I earned second place due to the spotting and air area denial.  IJN however, by all means, strike that baby up, it's what they do best. Love it or hate it, is what it is at the moment and you shouldn't report someone for playing what they think is best suited to them or their play style.

Personally I like giving fighter cover, not a huge fan of TB squads, that's what the IJN CVs are for, US I like being "sky cancer 2.0." Not being a CV Main perhaps you can say "it's easy mode" but I enjoy doing it in my ranger and strike makes me frustrated more then satisfied so whatever :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users