Bad Stats does not Mean a Bad Player: Having Fun in WoWs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

Raptor_alcor #41 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostShadeylark, on 26 April 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

I'll trade ya... I'll take the bots you play against in coop as my teammates, you can play against the idiots I want off my teams.

I think we'll both be happy with the results of that trade.

God please no, I'd rather take these bots, they are smarter than the average PVP idiot. 

The happy blue fox. 

Shoukaku_Kai_Ni #42 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostevilleMonkeigh, on 25 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Likewise, don't be a sheep with modules and loadouts - think how many players do not put Survivability Expert on their BB - they do not understand basic math - more HP > less HP. They just follow "the meta" blindly parroting what some Youtuber says. Unconventional builds show you are a independent thinker.

You lost me here...

Unicum in CVs, CAs, DDs

Earned Shoukaku's camo via rank 1 (doubloons) in season 4!

renegadestatuz #43 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Captain

• Members

Interesting....

​Those who rebel, must be cleansed of their ways.

Shadowrigger1 #44 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Commander

• Members

Block Quote

Good Players can have Bad Stats; Having Fun > Winning

Play for fun.  Do not play for victory. Winning is not fun - it is an illusion.

First of all: You can be a good player despite a 42% win rate: it is meaningless, due to RNG, MM and team mates.   It is OK to do half the average damage in a ship - you are contributing in other ways.

Stopped reading right here,   Good god, the Liberal Hug everyone get a participation trophy mentality is just insane.

You can play just for fun.  but  being bad means you are bad regardless if you are having fun or not.    If I put you up to the plate and all you do is strike out time after time,  you are BAD at batting.   If you throw Ball after Ball and walk every batter, you are BAD at pitching.    You can't sugar coat this and have a happy feel good ending.  if you are BAD you are BAD.

Block Quote

Do not listen to advice from stat padders.  Play it your way.  Have your own fun - don't be a sheep -  (or a lemming) - fighting solo is honourable. Ignore the odds.  Anyone who will not follow you onto a cap is a coward.  Feel free to explore the islands at the back of the map - it's only a game, after all! Don't let anyone stop you from having fun.

Anyone having Goth flashbacks from South Park here ?        

Skpstr #45 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 26 April 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

This is the most elaborate (and LONGEST) troll post I've ever seen. 

Evil Genius I say!

Tibson #46 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Very well played.

Rolkatsuki #47 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Boy oh boy you are more trollish than German Turtleback armor or high as an Iowa's cits, until you want to play to win stay at the low tiers(1-3) or co-op....

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

twitch133 #48 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostevilleMonkeigh, on 25 April 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Play for fun.  Do not play for victory. Winning is not fun - it is an illusion.

Wow.... that is a defeatist attitude if I have ever seen one.

This is a competitive game. The ONLY point to play this game is to defeat the team you have been pitted against. I have plenty of non-competitive multiplayer and single player titles that do not involve defeating a team as the main objective of playing, ask me if you are interested. 

I do not enjoy having players with no desire to win on my team, but, there is nothing I can do about it without looking like a complete and total elitist [edited].

Let me put it in a way you may be able to understand. First person shooters that have a kill cam.

A worse performance means that you are going to be dying more. Dying more means you are going to be spending more / most of your game watching kill cams.

Is it more fun to:

A) Be out there, capping flags and killing reds, or

B) Watching the kill cam and checking out the loadout screen?

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"I fear nothing. All is as RNG wills it"

BunnyHerd #49 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

• Beta Testers

Sure it doesn't.

It just means that you are a useless turd who really sucks at WoWS.

If you're having fun sucking at things you try and fail at badly, more power to you! I suggest you pick up some contact sport like basketball or football, it will do wonders for your popularity.

BurglarOfBanff_ff #50 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

The goal of this game is to win.  Any stat other than win rate is secondary.

While you may not care to play to win, win rate is a very good indicator of how well you play.  The only exception would be if a good player were playing poorly on purpose.

scerviche178 #51 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

• Members

Yes it does. If you play like trash every match then your stats will show it. Maybe you just need to get good? this game is easy as hell. Oh and as for playing for fun i do. I have only have fun when i'm doing well and winning. If you have any other idea of fun please stick to co-op. You can have all the fun of being horrible at this game and just sailing around shooting randomly and you won't ruin other peoples matches.

Also if you hide your stats most people, me included, will automatically think your trash. If your bad at the game just own it no one really cares.

Edited by scerviche178, 26 April 2017 - 01:20 PM.

Amatsukaze_DD #52 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Seaman

• Members

Gaishu_Isshoku #53 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

>people taking the bait

Spoiler

"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"

"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them".

your friendly neighbourhood high tier cruiser player

Madwolf05 #54 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

I read all of this today and realized this was a brilliantly written troll post. It was just too long and too late for me to read AllThatCrapByYou.jpg.

But I do get frustrated in this game by people who don't play to win. If I sit down to play Checkers, I'm doing so because I like to play Checkers, it's fun, and I want to try and win. If my opponent starts making up rules, and doing whatever he pleases because it's "fun," that's not what I signed up for. That's not Checkers, it's something different. I would never play Checkers with that person again.

I realize this community isn't that of CS:GO, or World of Warcraft, but I do truly believe War Gaming should make every effort to get people to play by the rules and play to win. If there is a player who seems to be purposefully throwing games, that should be grounds for some sort of punishment as he is ruining the spirit of the game the way it is designed to be played for other people.

Check out my Twitch Channel: HERE

CPU: Intel i7 3770K, MB: ASUS Maximus V, RAM: 16GB, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900

JCC45 #55 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

Ensign

• Members

Quite a nice haul there Subby, even after you were outed as a troll-poster.

Funny to see how many of the regulars got sucked in even late in the game.  Fingers must have been twitching like mad.

Quaffer #56 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Don't be a sheep?

I take umbrage with this attitude.

"To thine own self be true." as the bard would have it.

I am under an NDA and will not comment on Super Testing.

Madwolf05 #57 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostQuaffer, on 26 April 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Don't be a sheep?

I take umbrage with this attitude.

"To thine own self be true." as the bard would have it.

You're my favorite sheep!

Check out my Twitch Channel: HERE

CPU: Intel i7 3770K, MB: ASUS Maximus V, RAM: 16GB, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900

Azemboz #58 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I for one agree entirely with the OP.

#mathisntreal

Paulo2011 #59 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

• Members

Pardon me but perhaps I'm not getting it. I play to help my team and win but that is not why I look at my Stats. They have little relation to each other and each Stat tells me something different about my performance.

My preferred metric is one that is not tracked. Where am I in relation to my entire team per battle? I consider a game well played even if I lose as long as I am in the top 3 performers for the team. Win rate, Damage, Kills,..... yeah okay, they add something to the story of how I am doing but they are not good metrics by themselves.

As for the advice to play for fun? Duh.  And one of the uses of statistics is to help me gauge my success over time. which makes me feel a sense of accomplishment, which in turn directly impacts my perception of how much "fun" I am having in the game.

xThecanadianx #60 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester

:fishpalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users