US Premium Saipan Glitch Being Exploited... Basically Cheating! (Staff Please Take a Look)

Saipan exploit carrier fighters cheating premium unfair uncontestable glitch dogfight

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

_MaXiMuM #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hello,

Recently I was playing a game in my tier 7 Ranger, up against the US Premium carrier, Saipan. Although the Saipan has significant advantages, I was able to go hand-for-hand in our engagements being an experienced CV captain. Throughout the game, we were pretty much even; trading fighters for bombers, etc. About 5 minutes in, the enemy Saipan utilized a new feature, which allows carriers to escape a fighter dogfight at the cost of one fighter. As many of you may know, the Saipan does not have to give up a fighter in order to leave the dogfight, being a premium ship. The enemy carrier captain used this mechanic to repeatedly engage and escape from fights with my fighter squadrons at no cost to his own fleet. This is where the exploit comes in. When the enemy fighters left the fight, my fighters would be stuck in one spot for 4-6 seconds until the game updated and I was able to control them again. The other CV used this uncontrollable down time to bring his other fighter squadron in and manual strafe my fighters to death without collateral damage to his own.

If you do not understand, basically the CV is leaving the dogfight because of his ability to not lose a plane doing so. He is then using the time my fighters cannot move during to manual strafe them for free kills without harming his own fighters. There is nothing I can do when my planes are stuck in place and the CV was able to kill all of my fighters without losing any himself. The only thing that allowed me to pick a few off is when he had to go back for ammo because my squadron sizes were significantly bigger.

I think this pause time when the enemy exits a fight was overlooked by the team when the mechanic was added a few weeks ago. I did some quick browsing on the forums and did not see any topics related to it. Hopefully this post can reach someone who can explain whether this was intentional or not or get something done to patch this.

Apaosha #2 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

There is an easy solution please post a replay of this said glitch.  Thank you.:popcorn:

Unabletony #3 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Replay please.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

_MaXiMuM #4 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostApaosha, on 26 April 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

There is an easy solution please post a replay of this said glitch.  Thank you.:popcorn:

View PostUnabletony, on 26 April 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Replay please.

I don't see how a replay will help the matter, and I have no idea how to go about posting one.

saagri #5 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

People have said that leaving a fighter fight with the strafe makes the enemy fighters pause.

I think that is intended because you would usually have to "pay" a fighter to escape.

I have done this in my Saipan. Strafe out of a fight and the enemy fighter squad doesn't move for a few seconds.

Edited by saagri, 26 April 2017 - 12:41 AM.

I hate planes.

saagri 

• Plays a mix of cruisers (excellent), destroyers (excellent), battleships (excellent) and aircraft carriers (very good)
  • Deals a large amount of damage
  • Often finishes damaged enemies
  • Key vehicle - Kiev

Pulicat #6 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Commander

• Members

It's not really a glitch.

It's just the result of this poor decision of WG.

Yes, it makes Saipan even more superior than before.

devastator5000 #7 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Post_MaXiMuM, on 25 April 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I don't see how a replay will help the matter, and I have no idea how to go about posting one.

Replays are the way that WG can tell if someone was breaking the game or rules so that they can act accordingly, anyone can say anyone else was cheating but Replays are empirical evidence that the said Event happens.

There are also threads on the forums dedicated to enabling replays, its a quick search or browse though the forums.

Something I found on the SEA server website

cheereereerios #8 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:48 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I've seen this in replays posted on wowsreplay. It happens, and easily reproduced. They probably just need to make it so that either: Saipan takes a fighter loss also, or so that as soon as anyone breaks out of the lockup, everyone can move freely.

Carrier_Lexington #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Ensign

• Members

Not a glitch. It's meant to keep faster planes from catching-up.

"Heresy!"

Unsinge #10 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

What's the rationale for the Saipan not losing a plane? Just because it is premium or because it has small squadron sizes? I would think it would make more sense to have it lose planes, like everyone else - so Saipan skippers would need to factor their squadron sizes into their gameplay.

Pulicat #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostUnsinge, on 25 April 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

What's the rationale for the Saipan not losing a plane? Just because it is premium or because it has small squadron sizes? I would think it would make more sense to have it lose planes, like everyone else - so Saipan skippers would need to factor their squadron sizes into their gameplay.

But then Saipan wouldn't be as valuable a purchase.

BrushWolf #12 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostUnsinge, on 25 April 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Three plane squadrons.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

AjjaxGaming #13 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm sorry to say that this is not a glitch. I have used this tactic many times and if you watch iChase's streams you can see him do it. It's just part of the meta now

_MaXiMuM #14 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Postdevastator5000, on 26 April 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

Replays are the way that WG can tell if someone was breaking the game or rules so that they can act accordingly, anyone can say anyone else was cheating but Replays are empirical evidence that the said Event happens.

There are also threads on the forums dedicated to enabling replays, its a quick search or browse though the forums.

The person in question was not breaking the rules or cheating at the game at all. He was just abusing a mechanic that did not seem 100% fair or balanced at all and it seemed like there was no purpose to adding it.

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 26 April 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

Not a glitch. It's meant to keep faster planes from catching-up.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. If you do, I don't know what a dogfight has to do with fast and slow planes. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To all those debating whether or not the Saipan is balanced or not: I understand that the Saipan has large advantages over non-Premium ships, but we should expect that considering people have to pay real money to acquire it. I don't think this is a matter of Saipan mechanics, but rather fighter mechanics in general. Any CV captain is able to pull off this maneuver as long as they have more than one fighter squadron, it's just that Saipans are especially good at it because they take no leave penalty. I think we should be focusing on the viability of this mechanic rather than the balance of a paid ship.

Edited by _MaXiMuM, 26 April 2017 - 01:13 AM.

ObviousAlt #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Feature is the word you're looking for....

• Fighters may now be removed from a fight with enemy aircraft via an "Alt" attack -- when any carrier withdraws a squadron from action this way, it'll always lose one aircraft. (This rule applies to all carriers except Saipan, as it has only three fighters in a squadron.)

Edited by ObviousAlt, 26 April 2017 - 01:24 AM.

Jaegerpuppy8 #16 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Max, you're arguing with a bunch of people who just like to argue.  Your time would be better spent doing something less aggravating, I think.

cometguy #17 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Post_MaXiMuM, on 26 April 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. If you do, I don't know what a dogfight has to do with fast and slow planes. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, I think he's right.  Imagine this scenario: You're in a dogfight with saipan fighters, and you have 4 Hiryu fighters, and no dogfighting expert.  It's not a fight you're going to win, so you sacrifice one plane to strafe out and disengage. But the Saipan captain was paying attention, and immediately reengages the dogfight. So you've moved about .1 KM, lost 1 plane, and are once again in a dogfight.

By having the opposing planes be stuck there for a few seconds, you have time to create separation, and not be immediately forced back into the situation from which you tried to escape.

Zim_Xero #18 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

WG should equalize the rules, and increase Saipain fighters HPs by 100 health.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

Volron #19 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Then make it to where Saipan cannot strafe her fighters out of a dogfight.  If they get locked into a fight, they are there until it's conclusion.  I'm NOT saying remove their ability to strafe however.

Danger_Close_FFE #20 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

The strafe out of a dogfight makes little sense. It is particularly abusive in the Siapan's case and the fact that it allows you shoot down other planes as you strafe out is absolutely ridiculous. How is an IJN carrier expected to win air battles now? Presumably the US cpt simply moves his fighters out of the way of the strafe and then just engages. Or he allows his fighters to get overwhelmed and keeps one fighter squadron back and then strafes the lot. This should never have been brought into the live game.

Also the Siapan does not effectively have 3 plane squads, it will almost always come with 4 after the right cpt is selected, and it regularly stacks up against T6 fighters with or without air supremacy. A joke at best.

Edited by Danger_Close_FFE, 26 April 2017 - 02:28 AM.

Also tagged with Saipan, exploit, carrier, fighters, cheating, premium, unfair, uncontestable, glitch, dogfight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users