Jump to content


PT Boats


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Acts #1 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 3
  • Member since:
    01-21-2013
As World of Tanks has it's super fast and maneuverable Scout Tanks, I think there would be a place for PT Boats in World of Warships. The cross referencing would apply the same straight across the board, or ocean in this instance. Fast..but vulnerable. The PT is a quick in and out spotter that can deliver minimal, up to devastating damage depending on the vessel attacked. Used in it's proper perspective, it can leave a Battle Ship or Aircraft Carrier sitting idle in the water, and maneuver back out of range unscathed while the rest of it's fleet finish the job it started. As a lover of Scout Tanks in WoT .. I would really enjoy seeing PTs come into WoW. 

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #2 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,523
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015
Nope, won't happen.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

 


Apaosha #3 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,546
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016
Agreed it will not happen.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao #4 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

    Ensign

  • Alpha Tester

  • 1,010
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
No

 

AM Fog Heavy Cruiser Takao. Top 5 Anime: Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Gate-Thus the JSDF Fought There, The Familiar of Zero, A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun, and Steins;Gate


RipNuN2 #5 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,908
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014

They wont fit into the PVP environment as PT boats were so lightly armored and full of volatile fuel that one hit from a secondary would blow them sky high. DD's already fill the quick nimble ships with torpedo role anyway. You would also be wise to search before posting as this has already been brought up multiple times and the devs have stated why they do not plan to include them.

 

Posted Image



WanderingGhost #6 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Alpha Tester

  • 1,494
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View PostRipNuN2, on 25 April 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

They wont fit into the PVP environment as PT boats were so lightly armored and full of volatile fuel that one hit from a secondary would blow them sky high. DD's already fill the quick nimble ships with torpedo role anyway. You would also be wise to search before posting as this has already been brought up multiple times and the devs have stated why they do not plan to include them.

 

Posted Image

 

Not even a secondary, the AA guns on some of the lowest tier ships that have them would.

 

If you like your scouts, play DD. rough approximation

 

DD = light tank

Cruiser = medium tank

BB = Heavy Tank

CV = TD or Artillery



pmgaudio #7 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,761
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013



 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


Umikami #8 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,568
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostActs, on 25 April 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

As World of Tanks has it's super fast and maneuverable Scout Tanks, I think there would be a place for PT Boats in World of Warships. The cross referencing would apply the same straight across the board, or ocean in this instance. Fast..but vulnerable. The PT is a quick in and out spotter that can deliver minimal, up to devastating damage depending on the vessel attacked. Used in it's proper perspective, it can leave a Battle Ship or Aircraft Carrier sitting idle in the water, and maneuver back out of range unscathed while the rest of it's fleet finish the job it started. As a lover of Scout Tanks in WoT .. I would really enjoy seeing PTs come into WoW.

 

this role is filled by destroyers nicely, thank you for your suggestion

Wolcott #9 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

    Ensign

  • Alpha Tester

  • 892
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012
There is a place for large torpedo boats at least, the V-25 being the only example so far. Going beyond that is just impossible. You are more than welcome to try out the other game which has only PT boats.

Gangut


Sampsonite #10 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 1,795
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
This subject came up before and the consensus was that they didn't play enough of a role to be included.

         
                                              "Out gun anything you can't outrun and outrun anything you can't outgun..."

 


Eric_Von_Hess #11 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 655
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostActs, on 25 April 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

As World of Tanks has it's super fast and maneuverable Scout Tanks, I think there would be a place for PT Boats in World of Warships. The cross referencing would apply the same straight across the board, or ocean in this instance. Fast..but vulnerable. The PT is a quick in and out spotter that can deliver minimal, up to devastating damage depending on the vessel attacked. Used in it's proper perspective, it can leave a Battle Ship or Aircraft Carrier sitting idle in the water, and maneuver back out of range unscathed while the rest of it's fleet finish the job it started. As a lover of Scout Tanks in WoT .. I would really enjoy seeing PTs come into WoW. 

 

​What we need is SUBs ! ! ! 

MutzLivesMatter #12 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 86
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
:popcorn:


BrushWolf #13 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostWanderingGhost, on 25 April 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

 

Not even a secondary, the AA guns on some of the lowest tier ships that have them would.

 

If you like your scouts, play DD. rough approximation

 

DD = light tank

Cruiser = medium tank

BB = Heavy Tank

CV = TD or Artillery

 

Scouting is mostly a DD/CV role although in a pinch a cruiser can do the job is no DD's or planes are available.

 

View PostSampsonite, on 25 April 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

This subject came up before and the consensus was that they didn't play enough of a role to be included.

 

PT's/MTB's are creatures of the night and we do not have true night actions. They are also creatures of the near shore where the largest ships they would see were DD's. Now I think a World of Coastal Warfare would be great fun that is also a totally different game from what we have and doesn't mesh with World of Warships.

  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


ValkyrWarframe #14 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,133
  • Member since:
    07-04-2015
If you want PT Boats, go play War Thunder.

 *In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)


ObviousAlt #15 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 195
  • Member since:
    04-12-2017
It appears actually looking things up before posting has become the true Unicorn.

pmgaudio #16 Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,761
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 25 April 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

 

​What we need is SUBs ! ! ! 

 




 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


BrushWolf #17 Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostObviousAlt, on 25 April 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

It appears actually looking things up before posting has become the true Unicorn.

 

Well, in the OP's defense there hasn't been a PT thread for some time and the forum search function is unreliable at best and chokes on short inputs like PT. The better option is to use Google and enter "World of Warships (WoWS will work too) PT boats" which will bring up lots of good results.

  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


101kicker #18 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 8
  • Member since:
    11-14-2014
It would probably only happen as a April Fools or in Its own special game mode.You would be hitting a small sometimes wooden PT boats with some big [edited]shells.
its spaghetti or nothing 

Sampsonite #19 Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 1,795
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 25 April 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

​What we need is SUBs ! ! ! 

 

Come on!!!! Why would you mention that that shall not be named......

         
                                              "Out gun anything you can't outrun and outrun anything you can't outgun..."

 


Acts #20 Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 3
  • Member since:
    01-21-2013
Thanks guys, for "all" the input. I guess my next venture will be to research the faster DDs, and grind up the line to get them. Appreciate your taking the time to address this already tilled over topic, and your suggested remedies. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users