• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Lert #21 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 25 April 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Also, I was talking about decapping when the ship was angled. Your statement is correct: when a shell is travelling into a broadside-on battleship, the shell's velocity and pressure is perpendicular to the armor, so it will punch right through. The same is true with plunging fire. But a shell that's fired at an angled battleship will most likely be decapped and then shatter on the angled belt armor of the ship.

With autobounce rules the way they are, adding the decapping plate to do exactly as you described wouldn't affect much, if anything at all. At any angle worth while Yamato's shells gain a chance to autobounce already, with a steeper angle giving a higher chance, up until 100% autobounce.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

Hillslam #22 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Which of course means the autobounce code is, well, poorly written code.  Or to be fair, not poorly written, just lazy.  Well maybe not even lazy. WG doesn't monetize autobounce code after all. They monetize pretty shiny new ships for us to buy. 

Game is working as designed.

The Iowa is the better battleship. That fact doesn't require you to like it.

When your knowledge comes from nothing but books, your knowledge is worthless.

KnightFandragon #23 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 11 May 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm talking specifically within the context of handling.  There are legitimate tradeoffs for lolpen ability even with in the performance of her main battery - fewer guns, lower broadside alpha strike, absolutely-anemic turret traverse.

I think the ability to completely ignore armor is an advantage that no amount of weaknesses can truly over come.  Must be how the Germans in WWII felt, or the Abrams in Desert storm....just ignore the armor and click, pen....

Lower broadside Alpha, except that alpha includes a citadel cuz lol pen all the armor. I think that makes up for the less guns then a Monty, its still just as many as the other T8-9s it faces...

Edited by KnightFandragon, 12 May 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Hillslam #24 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Yammer "weaknesses" are an obfuscation not a tradeoff.

She easily sits comfortably at the top of the T10s - by day, week, 2weeks, All... By damage, WR, XP, KD, Srv... pffft

That's like saying the tradeoff for buying a Porsche 911 is that you don't get a Kia badge on your trunk.

The Iowa is the better battleship. That fact doesn't require you to like it.

When your knowledge comes from nothing but books, your knowledge is worthless.

TenguBlade #25 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostHillslam, on 12 May 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yammer "weaknesses" are an obfuscation not a tradeoff.

She easily sits comfortably at the top of the T10s - by day, week, 2weeks, All... By damage, WR, XP, KD, Srv... pffft

That's like saying the tradeoff for buying a Porsche 911 is that you don't get a Kia badge on your trunk.

That's why I said it's acceptable to leave her at she is, and if you read anything about what I said elsewhere, the high citadel should remain.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Phoenix_jz #26 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

6.6 it is;

http://forum.worldof...33#entry3039433

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users