Game no longer fun; putting my wallet away

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

KalishniKat #21 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm having tons of fun. Why? I've sold all my ships over tier 5 and bought a bunch of 4s and 5s. I no longer worry about XP, or credits, I just play and have fun.  I now never have to suffer through crappy tier 8 and 9 gameplay and the issues therein.  Mid and lower tiers are so much more fun, people actually battle and don't just hide behind islands or put out giant smoke screens or bow on BB camp.  I was able to afford many more ships in my fleet and the game is fun again. Most mid tier ships are based on actual ships too, not all the science fiction paper ships at high tiers. 

Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise #22 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postbassmasta76, on 24 April 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

While not a perfect solution (and it depends on class), I use both Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert to help from getting sniped at long distance.

I'm sure some will scoff at using IFA and wasting a point, but I find it to be very useful.

My 2 cents.

B

I use both, trying dodging a tight BB spread at 17km with BOTH skills and rudder shift mod. Won't help, TBQH.

Top Yubari Plane Clubber on NA server (>250 rounds) with 4.5 APK

Mega_Kyogre #23 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postscruffycavetroll, on 24 April 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

who're you and why should i give a *%$? 

You don't care about anything or anyone cave, that's the point. Let alone that lady in your avatar give a  $#*@ about you 

Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise #24 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBattlecruiser_Tiger, on 24 April 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Fox... cruiser... Algerie.

There's so much all over the place about your handle, I don't even know where to start. A French kitsune boat? Uh... okay.

I didn't feel using Fog_Cruiser_Algerie was appropriate, I'm not part of Fog Fleet, and didn't want to portray that I was in any way, so I changed a letter. It works well in chat, someone wants my attention they just call "Fox".

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #25 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFox_Cruiser_Algerie, on 24 April 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Tengu:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km. I even waffled between concealment mod and rudder shift. Even a six-second rudder shift and pre-manuvering results in deletion. I think alot of this is people using aim-mods which show direction the ship WILL manuver, and they can pre-aim. Again, its just not fun. Even a 17.6km range isn't enough to start shooting when I know the battleship can turn his guns are massacre me then go about his business.

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling from there.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

Take that tinfoil hat off, youre on tilt. Take a break from the game and come back.  As a German BB main I would like to know where this accuracy is at 19km.

scruffycavetroll #26 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostMega_Kyogre, on 24 April 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

You don't care about anything or anyone cave, that's the point. Let alone that lady in your avatar give a  $#*@ about you 

Wulfgarn #27 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostFox_Cruiser_Algerie, on 24 April 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

I use both, trying dodging a tight BB spread at 17km with BOTH skills and rudder shift mod. Won't help, TBQH.

That about sums it up, even in a DD a BB can take 75% of my health well past 17k no matter what I do.

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

Wulfgarn #28 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postscruffycavetroll, on 24 April 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

:teethhappy::honoring:

Stealing this...

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise #29 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on 24 April 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Take that tinfoil hat off, youre on tilt. Take a break from the game and come back.  As a German BB main I would like to know where this accuracy is at 19km.

i'm not tin-foiling. WG loves to point out how many cheaters they up and banned. It happens. You can deny it happens all you want, but the day man became competitive, was the day cheating began. It happens in EVERY single game I have ever played. Board games, computer games, whatever. Being server-side doesn't prevent illegal modding or hacking.

Its in our nature to cheat. Period.

Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie, 24 April 2017 - 08:23 PM.

kerensky914 #30 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

View PostFox_Cruiser_Algerie, on 24 April 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharnhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling upward as range closes.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

So then, you want battleships to have historical accuracy, but you also want cruisers to hit whatever they want whenever they want.  Sounds legit.

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #31 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFox_Cruiser_Algerie, on 24 April 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

i'm not tin-foiling. WG loves to point out how many cheaters they up and banned. It happens. You can deny it happens all you want, but the day man became competitive, was the day cheating began. It happens in EVERY single game I have ever played. Board games, computer games, whatever. Being server-side doesn't prevent illegal modding or hacking.

Its in our nature to cheat. Period.

Please explain to me how you hack a sever side game then please. You can't, while I'm sure there are mods out there that WG frowns upon the amount that actually use it are pretty slim. 

TenguBlade #32 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostFox_Cruiser_Algerie, on 24 April 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km.

You should play some high-tier battleship, then speak on the matter.  Not trying to be rude, but statistically you don't have experience from the other side of the coin, whereas I have played both high-tier cruisers and battleships.  Higher accuracy means that drastic evasion maneuvers are more likely to result in misses, not less.  The shells' tighter groupings mean they cover less area, but if you're inside that area, you're more likely to get crushed.  French cruisers have one of the easiest times of performing radical evasive maneuvers: you guys have engine boost, which gives you something like a 250% acceleration increase.  Only UK CLs, which lose next to no speed in a turn, can compare with that kind of maneuverability edge.

If you're still getting clobbered, then it means you're dodging too predictably.  A lot of high-tier battleship drivers, myself included, have developed an ability to compensate quite accurately for basic evasive maneuvers like a turn away from the impact zone at full speed.  The question is: which one will we attempt to "read?"  Whether we are right or wrong in our prediction is up to the victim - more than one evasive option exists in many situations.  If that's not the case, then you got outplayed, and frustrating as it might be there's nothing you can do besides not fall into the trap next time.

Consider these two images:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The shells in the latter picture will hit at virtually the same location.  The shells in the former will spread out all over the place.  Which one is more likely to score a hit on some wildly-evading ship?

View PostWulfgarn, on 24 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

That about sums it up, even in a DD a BB can take 75% of my health well past 17k no matter what I do.

Have you considered at all why that might be the case?  Perhaps you're dodging too predictably?  I have yet to see a single DD driver who reacts to incoming fire in any way besides turning away at full speed without touching his throttle.  If it becomes a pattern, then I devise a punish: from there, it's a matter of RNGesus saying yes or no, not your skill.  Which is never a corner you want to back yourself into, because then you're gambling rather than playing the skill game.  Far be it from me to keep you from playing the game as you please, but the latter generally isn't a good way to go.

Edited by TenguBlade, 24 April 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Wulfgarn #33 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on 24 April 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Please explain to me how you hack a sever side game then please. You can't, while I'm sure there are mods out there that WG frowns upon the amount that actually use it are pretty slim. 

I thought the same thing until i started looking around.

I actually got warned not long ago when I posted a vid on one.

Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise #34 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postkerensky914, on 24 April 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

So then, you want battleships to have historical accuracy, but you also want cruisers to hit whatever they want whenever they want.  Sounds legit.

Nope. Witness the Solomons, where 6"-gunned cruisers pumped out thousands of shells and achieved......a couple hits in most scenarios. All I'm saying is sigma should be range-dependant, and it should be applied with an even hand across all the lines. No exceptions.

Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie, 24 April 2017 - 08:34 PM.

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #35 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

So you want historical accuracy in a virtual video game that isnt meant to be a simulation? lolk. 

dseehafer #36 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostWulfgarn, on 24 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Not going to waste my time counting to answer such a stupid question, but if i need to link more...

http://forum.worldof...-ships/#topmost

It's stupid to think that a comparatively small handful of people "closing their wallets" to this game is going to force WG to bend to their wills. The only person getting hurt is yourself because you are missing out on some kick-a$$ premium ships with nothing to show for it.

McDonald's is not going to change their menu or go out of business just because one city in the entire country thinks that they shouldn't put pickles on any of their burgers and decides to boycott McDonald's until they make the appropriate changes.

Wargaming is not going to change the game just because a small handful of people don't like how the game is balanced. Newsflash! No matter what WG does, no matter who they cater to, there is always going to be a small handful of people unhappy with the game.

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's petty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments.

Again, the only person you're hurting is yourself.

Edited by dseehafer, 24 April 2017 - 08:37 PM.

CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

Wulfgarn #37 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postdseehafer, on 24 April 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

It's stupid to think that a comparatively small handful of people "closing their wallets" to this game is going to force WG to bend to their wills. The only person getting hurt is yourself because you are missing out on some kick-a$$ premium ships with nothing to show for it.

McDonald's is not going to change their menu or go out of business just because one city in the entire country thinks that they shouldn't put pickles on any of their burgers and decides to boycott McDonald's until they make the appropriate changes.

Wargaming is not going to change the game just because a small handful of people don't like how the game is balanced. Newsflash! No matter what WG does, no matter who they cater to there is always going to be a small handful of people unhappy with the game.

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's pretty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments and player feedback plays only a minor role in that as, again, the players don't see the whole picture.

Cool. I never said it would change anything, I said "I and many others are doing the same".

You asked for proof, so I gave it to you. :)

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #38 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postdseehafer, on 24 April 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's pretty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments and player feedback plays only a minor role in that as, again, the players don't see the whole picture.

But it took them how many years to finally fix arty in tanks? 

scruffycavetroll #39 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

For the record...i like pickles on my hamburger. 

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #40 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postscruffycavetroll, on 24 April 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

For the record...i like pickles on my hamburger. 

extra pickles,extra onions and hot peppers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users