DJ Bad Advice - Musical/Creative Contest

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

Sharkbait_416 #41 Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 23 April 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Because I'm very disappointed in the variety of remixes that have been made (they're all pretty much just the same song again), here is the complete set of quick commands in .OGG format: http://sta.sh/21dkc6hj61g5?edit=1
Get to work, chop chop!

it says in the rules to use that song though

Follow the link for a WoWS Invite Code: http://playtogether..../invite/7gbYqmz

Chobittsu #42 Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostSharkbait_416, on 23 April 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Nope

Requirements: 

• Your song must be no shorter than 1 minute 30 seconds and no longer than 2 minutes. You can make a longer version if you wish but you will not be judged on that version. 
  • Your song must also be in a high quality bitrate no lower than 128k. Your file format should be .ogg, mp3, mp4, or flac. You are also able to upload it as a youtube video. 
  • DO NOT USE ANY MUSIC THAT IS SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK. 
  • Song must be family friendly. No profanity, suggestive lyrics, or anything inappropriate otherwise. 
  • Your song must be by your own creation.
  • By submitting your entry, you are giving your consent for your creation to be used as an intro for Warships Live. 
  • A total of 10 HIGH QUALITY entries must be submitted in order to be considered for the Warships Live intro. If we don't get that many solid entries, top prizes will still be credited but a song will not be chosen. 
  • If you are serving a game or forum ban, you may not participate in this contest. 
  • Post your entry here in the forums. If you are linking to a music or drop box, please make a note along side your entry so we know where we are going. 

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

NikoPower #43 Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

View PostSharkbait_416, on 23 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

You are allowed to use sound cuts as well. Chobittsu has actually done something super cool here. Feel free to use it. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Sharkbait_416 #44 Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 23 April 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Nope

Requirements: 

• Your song must be no shorter than 1 minute 30 seconds and no longer than 2 minutes. You can make a longer version if you wish but you will not be judged on that version. 
  • Your song must also be in a high quality bitrate no lower than 128k. Your file format should be .ogg, mp3, mp4, or flac. You are also able to upload it as a youtube video. 
  • DO NOT USE ANY MUSIC THAT IS SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK. 
  • Song must be family friendly. No profanity, suggestive lyrics, or anything inappropriate otherwise. 
  • Your song must be by your own creation.
  • By submitting your entry, you are giving your consent for your creation to be used as an intro for Warships Live. 
  • A total of 10 HIGH QUALITY entries must be submitted in order to be considered for the Warships Live intro. If we don't get that many solid entries, top prizes will still be credited but a song will not be chosen. 
  • If you are serving a game or forum ban, you may not participate in this contest. 
  • Post your entry here in the forums. If you are linking to a music or drop box, please make a note along side your entry so we know where we are going. 

View PostNikoPower, on 23 April 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

You are allowed to use sound cuts as well. Chobittsu has actually done something super cool here. Feel free to use it. 

Ok, and thanks for clarifying that Niko. I suck at making music, but I'll mess around with the files and resubmit a revised entry if I make something I'm happy with.

NikoPower #45 Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

• Administrator

View PostSharkbait_416, on 23 April 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Ok, and thanks for clarifying that Niko. I suck at making music, but I'll mess around with the files and resubmit a revised entry if I make something I'm happy with.

Two weeks is quite a bit of time. Can't wait to hear what you come up with. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Sharkbait_416 #46 Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 23 April 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Because I'm very disappointed in the variety of remixes that have been made (they're all pretty much just the same song again), here is the complete set of quick commands in .OGG format: http://sta.sh/21dkc6hj61g5?edit=1
Get to work, chop chop!

View PostNikoPower, on 23 April 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Two weeks is quite a bit of time. Can't wait to hear what you come up with. 

Here's my new entry using the assets which Chobittsu linked us to (Thank you!).

Protect the "Bass" (F-Key Crazy Remix V2 Reduced Bass) by Unsinkable Cap

I used FL studio to create the beat from scratch. I wish I had more time to tweak this, but I have college finals to study for. There's a dropbox link to download the song in the youtube video description. There are two versions, V1 is extremely Bass heavy, V2 has reduced Bass. (Here is V1: https://youtu.be/ombakwRouEE)

Edited by Sharkbait_416, 24 April 2017 - 07:18 AM.

Teahee #47 Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

This sounds awesome... too bad I have no skill for music making. 

Good luck to those of you who decide to participate!

Join the Arpeggio of Blue Steel [ARP]    Visit us at: https://discord.gg/sMtnye7

Atom_Alchemist #48 Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Step one: Download music creation software- COMPLETE

Step two:Learn how to create music on said software- IN PROGRESS...

Step three:Learn Musical theory to assist in creation of music for a tone deaf non music person- OPEN

Step four:Create Music in program- OPEN

Step five: Add correct soundbites from f key commands to music- OPEN

Step six: Pray to the almighty corgi- OPEN

Step seven:Submit new music to contest- OPEN

Step eight: Pray again- OPEN

sigh the more i try, the more frustrated i get i have NO bloody ear for music, i can't even figure out the notes for the song without the command voiceovers, to load it into a synthesizer to create a new song, nor even enough to try and manually key in the notes.

I HATE TRYING TO CREATE MUSIC.

Edited by Atom_Alchemist, 26 April 2017 - 04:43 PM.

SgtSullyC3 #49 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Ensign

• Members

OK, I redid my song with some of the assets that Chobittsu provided (thank you for taking the time to get them to work on my Mac!). What do you guys think?

(Dropbox link below)

https://www.dropbox.... Remix.m4v?dl=0

Is it fine to just have the dropbox link or do I have to do a YouTube like everyone else?

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 26 April 2017 - 03:25 PM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

NikoPower #50 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

• Administrator

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 25 April 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

OK, I redid my song with some of the assets that Chobittsu provided (thank you for taking the time to get them to work on my Mac!). What do you guys think?

https://www.dropbox.... Remix.m4v?dl=0

Is it fine to just have the dropbox link or do I have to do a YouTube like everyone else?

Drop Box is fine as long as players tell us where we are headed.

- Created by Jorge_555

Reiven_2015 #51 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

Seaman

• Members

Niko it is really necessary to include the original Dj Bad advice song? I mean, I see some entries are really cool but in some point it got cut to add the original remix and that break the rhythm.

WhiskeyWhiskeyRC #52 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Not very good at making anything like this but hey I will give it a shot...

NoZoupForYou #53 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Community Contributors

Here is my entry.  The Pirate Remix.

Added music is 100% Royalty and Copyright free, credit to Ross Bugen "Epic Pirate Music".

NikoPower #54 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

• Administrator

View PostReiven_2015, on 25 April 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Niko it is really necessary to include the original Dj Bad advice song? I mean, I see some entries are really cool but in some point it got cut to add the original remix and that break the rhythm.

You don't have to use the exact song from the video but your creation does have to at least sound like it. As seen earlier, there was a classical arrangement style version of the song. You don't have to use the sound clip directly but we have to be able to hear some sort of version of it in your song. 

- Created by Jorge_555

SgtSullyC3 #55 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWhiskeyWhiskeyRC, on 25 April 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

Not very good at making anything like this but hey I will give it a shot...

Cool idea with the radio broadcast, but the song sounds awfully familiar... Isn't it like an example song or something?

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 26 April 2017 - 03:30 PM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

Atom_Alchemist #56 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Damnit, i really wanted to try for this contest too,  i just can't wrap my head around music.

best of luck to you entrants.

WhiskeyWhiskeyRC #57 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 26 April 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Cool idea with the radio broadcast, but the song sounds awfully familiar... Isn't it like an example song or something?

Its from garageband :)

UsagiGumi #58 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

Seaman

• Members

NikoPower, is necesary idiom for captain in english?

Edited by UsagiGumi, 26 April 2017 - 05:30 PM.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/usagigumi

Sharkbait_416 #59 Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAtom_Alchemist, on 24 April 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

Step one: Download music creation software- COMPLETE

Step two:Learn how to create music on said software- IN PROGRESS...

Step three:Learn Musical theory to assist in creation of music for a tone deaf non music person- OPEN

Step four:Create Music in program- OPEN

Step five: Add correct soundbites from f key commands to music- OPEN

Step six: Pray to the almighty corgi- OPEN

Step seven:Submit new music to contest- OPEN

Step eight: Pray again- OPEN

sigh the more i try, the more frustrated i get i have NO bloody ear for music, i can't even figure out the notes for the song without the command voiceovers, to load it into a synthesizer to create a new song, nor even enough to try and manually key in the notes.

I HATE TRYING TO CREATE MUSIC.

I don't know that my song was any good, but if it helps, try working on adding drums first. If you get a rythym started, you just need to add on more instruments/effects. That's what I did for mine at least.

WanderingGhost #60 Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

To all those going saying "I'm bad with music" etc - a lot of the programs out there have free pre made beats for people to arrange for music for things, just do what I did, find some beats you like, throw them together and try and work with the song. What I used had some additional sound effects and to try and ease the transition because they have two very different sounds added in that sound of a radio adjustment like a channel switch to smooth it out a bit, and at the end as if cutting back in to the other song because I also thought it was a neat effect to make it seem like two songs despite being one (hence the sharp sound cut of "Group 4 destroyed" and cap panicking... and well, my sense of humour).

Take what tools you can and work with them. If you listen to music, you know to look for a sound that you like and make something you'd listen to. No need to study music theory or anything crazy or go "I'm bad with music". Gonna throw down some things to think about for people -

"In music, your basically having a conversation" - Hans Zimmer

"Music and rhythm comes from within, from the heart, not your head" - can't recall where I heard it

And a favorite quote from everyone's favorite green ankle biter for those who say and think they can't do it (discluding literally no time/software) - "That is why you fail"

Creativity is only limited by your mind and imagination, as well as in cases where appropriate resources. And as long as YOU like what you created, that is all that truly matters in the end, and bonus points if you can get one other person to like it. Winning the contest, even better. While the selfish part of me would love for 10 entries only because I want a Belfast, but at the same time don't want to see people just cause in their head they think their no good or can't wrap their head around it bowing out. Whats the worst that can happen trying?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users