DJ Bad Advice - Musical/Creative Contest

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

Atom_Alchemist #221 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Thank you niko.

now if only i can bribe matchmaking not to do THIS again rofl.

zproxy #222 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

• Members

Congratulations to all for your new boat. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks to niko and WG for this contest. Best regards

NikoPower #223 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

I'm super happy you all enjoyed this contest. I was originally nervous about running this because the barrier of entry was a bit higher. It's good to know there was decent interest. Maybe a video contest will be in the future. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Amracil #224 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 09 May 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

I was originally nervous about running this because the barrier of entry was a bit higher. 

Though I had to trade WoWS playing time for "create music" time, I really enjoyed the challenge of learning some new software and being a part of the contest. Thanks again for putting it on and for the shiny new Warspite! <O

Spoiler

NikoPower #225 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

• Administrator

View PostAmracil, on 09 May 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Though I had to trade WoWS playing time for "create music" time, I really enjoyed the challenge of learning some new software and being a part of the contest. Thanks again for putting it on and for the shiny new Warspite! <O

That's what I hope for in these contests. You all have fun and learn something outside of the contest and prizes. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

SgtSullyC3 #226 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 09 May 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

That's what I hope for in these contests. You all have fun and learn something outside of the contest and prizes. 

Yeah, this was an awesome contest. I'd love a video contest (I'm an amateur videographer/editor) but the problem is that I can't record on my Mac and I also have to run the game on low graphics and I can't use replays either so...

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

NikoPower #227 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

• Administrator

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 09 May 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Yeah, this was an awesome contest. I'd love a video contest (I'm an amateur videographer/editor) but the problem is that I can't record on my Mac and I also have to run the game on low graphics and I can't use replays either so...

Well, for something like this, you have time. I try not to push contests with bigger requirements too often. A video contest wouldn't be for a few months. 

- Created by Jorge_555

WanderingGhost #228 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

Yeah, video is definitely way more accessible given while I had to learn a new program, me and maybe a couple others are the only ones to have any experience in music creation (and mine is more than 10 years ago). Video editing you just have to get a way to capture (free programs are easy enough albeit you may have a logo or whatever cause of that) and pretty much any computer has a video editor by default. 

SgtSullyC3 #229 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWanderingGhost, on 09 May 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yeah, video is definitely way more accessible given while I had to learn a new program, me and maybe a couple others are the only ones to have any experience in music creation (and mine is more than 10 years ago). Video editing you just have to get a way to capture (free programs are easy enough albeit you may have a logo or whatever cause of that) and pretty much any computer has a video editor by default. 

Though while anyone can put together a video, much like the music, it takes skill to make it look good...

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

Peregrinas #230 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I'll leave this here, which happened this evening....

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users