DJ Bad Advice - Musical/Creative Contest

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Captains! 

We're sure by now, you have seen the latest Captain Bad Advice video about F key spamming. If not, here is your refresher. 

Since that came out, the amazing Trevzor and I hatched a plan to run a contest where you, the fun and creative bunch, create a song using the Captain Bad Advice tune in the middle of the video. We ran a poll and it was mostly in favor of participating and spectating the contest.

You are free to do anything with that particular song you want. You can add your own sounds and touches to your song. You could even make it sound totally different. The choice is yours. There are a few requirements though. Please read below for the rules. 

Chobittsu has done some awesome work to get you some excellent audio cuts for vocals. Thank you Chobittsu. 

Follow this link for the cuts: http://sta.sh/21dkc6hj61g5?edit=1

Contest Duration: 

Starts: Friday April 21st 2017

Ends: Friday May 5th 2017

Requirements: 

• Your song must be no shorter than 1 minute 30 seconds and no longer than 2 minutes. You can make a longer version if you wish but you will not be judged on that version. 
  • Your song must also be in a high quality bitrate no lower than 128k. Your file format should be .ogg, mp3, mp4, or flac. You are also able to upload it as a youtube video. 
  • DO NOT USE ANY MUSIC THAT IS SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK. 
  • Song must be family friendly. No profanity, suggestive lyrics, or anything inappropriate otherwise. 
  • Your song must be by your own creation.
  • By submitting your entry, you are giving your consent for your creation to be used as an intro for Warships Live. 
  • A total of 10 HIGH QUALITY entries must be submitted in order to be considered for the Warships Live intro. If we don't get that many solid entries, top prizes will still be credited but a song will not be chosen. 
  • If you are serving a game or forum ban, you may not participate in this contest. 
  • Post your entry here in the forums. If you are linking to a music or drop box, please make a note along side your entry so we know where we are going. 

Prizes: 

Top 10 entries - 

1 Previously Sold Tier VII and below Premium Ship

14 Days Premium

15 Random Loot Boxes

10 Honorable Mentions - 

1 Previously Sold Tier VI and below Premium Ship

7 Days Premium

10 Random Loot Boxes 

10 3rd Tier Prizes - 

3 Days Premium

10 Random Loot Boxes

*Excluded Ships: Missouri, Iwaki Alpha, Arkansas Beta, CotE Kamikaze R, Nikolai, Dragon West, Dragon East, Katori, Flint

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

SireneRacker #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Members

Well, this will be interesting...

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Do you have the sound file that we can use?

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

CLUCH_CARGO #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

OMG I have zero artistic ablity and Now you expect a tone deaf no rhythm guy to come up with a song. Only song I like is that southern fried rock classic

"I don't Look good Naked anymore"

Only Because I don't

Posted Image

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO, 21 April 2017 - 07:13 PM.

MajorRenegade #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

I don't even know how to create a song or music. So I'm gonna to pass on this

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

CapnCappy #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Commander

• Members

Could someone post some software (freeware?) that they recommend for editing sound files?

Maybe Audacity? http://www.audacityteam.org/

Treediagram #7 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I might try to arrange the song on piano(with Musescore2). I have some VSTs(it's like pack of instrument sound) to export and make the terrible midi piano sound little bit better but piano will still sound really artificial.

I assume WoWS Sound Devs definitely have better VSTs that they can apply on midi file. So is it possible that I submit my song in midi file?

Edited by Treediagram, 21 April 2017 - 07:59 PM.

p.s. Treediagram: I named this after the mathematical one, not from To Aru series!

Eagerly waiting for RN and DKM CV Tech-Tree and CV Rebalance

CV Captains are also customers, in case you guys forgot it.

My AA DPS and Aerial Combat Calculator

Yoshiblue #8 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Ensign

• Members

Tempted to split the song into samples and make a DnB song out of it. 

Atom_Alchemist #9 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

music.

ok that one is outside the realm of my skill set, i mean a video, sure, image, i can truck it, but music...well ehh.

that said i wish all the best to those who compete.

Korval_BB55 #10 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I made a ringtone out of it, does that count?   :)

12thDoctor #11 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I wonder if Flula plays this game... if so.. he would win..  :)

https://www.youtube.com/flula

"Most people aren't reasonable. Most people don't care about what's reasonable. No one I know is reasonable. I'm not reasonable. Reason is nonsense. People are beliefs, feelings, and emotions, not reason. Accept this and you'll understand people pretty well. Also, beliefs, feelings, and emotions are superior to reason. Why? Because I said so. GET WITH THE PROGRAM."

-Hiroe, World of Warships NA Forums 2017  

SgtSullyC3 #12 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

Ensign

• Members

-NVM, I should've read the post in-depth before posting that, I'm tired, OK?-

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 22 April 2017 - 02:50 AM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

WanderingGhost #13 Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

Okay, well, here's a video version cause I'd need to know how exactly to upload the MP3 but is this kinda what your looking for Niko?

Just cause the way it mentions using the tune and all in the middle with the rest of it seems kinda confusing. As well as if you meant his little bit or the actual intro or what. 

Would have preferred working on my own beat and throw the F commands in there but not sure if that's what the rules would want via that description and no idea how to get just that audio.

edit: also, sorry if anyone's ears bleed cause it probably isn't good :hiding:

Edited by WanderingGhost, 22 April 2017 - 06:14 AM.

SgtSullyC3 #14 Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ensign

• Members

That's great Ghost! I hope we get a video contest or something next, video editing I can do, audio...Or graphics... Not so much.

*tries Garageband*

Hey, this isn't so bad!

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 22 April 2017 - 11:30 AM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

Calphayus #15 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Alpha Tester
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostWanderingGhost, on 22 April 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

Okay, well, here's a video version cause I'd need to know how exactly to upload the MP3 but is this kinda what your looking for Niko?

Just cause the way it mentions using the tune and all in the middle with the rest of it seems kinda confusing. As well as if you meant his little bit or the actual intro or what. 

Would have preferred working on my own beat and throw the F commands in there but not sure if that's what the rules would want via that description and no idea how to get just that audio.

edit: also, sorry if anyone's ears bleed cause it probably isn't good :hiding:

Dude thats really good.:B

97tqw3.png

The forums remind me of that line from Macbeth "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Peregrinas #16 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

First time trying something like this. Attempted a more classical rearrangement while trying to keep the general bass and overall lines as in the original. I highly doubt this will fit anyone's taste though.

SgtSullyC3 #17 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPeregrinas, on 22 April 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

First time trying something like this. Attempted a more classical rearrangement while trying to keep the general bass and overall lines as in the original. I highly doubt this will fit anyone's taste though.

That's good, but wasn't the idea to use the actual song?

Peregrinas #18 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 22 April 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

That's good, but wasn't the idea to use the actual song?

Thanks. Niko said "you could even make it sound totally different" so I took that as being able to make a rearrangement. I could be wrong.

SgtSullyC3 #19 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPeregrinas, on 22 April 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Thanks. Niko said "you could even make it sound totally different" so I took that as being able to make a rearrangement. I could be wrong.

Sounds great either way, a really cool twist on it.

dizzypumpkin #20 Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Quick question: Is the original song subject to copyright?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users