Ship viewer in port

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CorvusBB39 #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

When in the carousel view, if you apply some filters (tiers III and IV, IJN and USN for example) the wanted ships are highlighted and moved to the left end of the display.  All well and good, but the default view position in the carousel is towards the right end; if you want to see the 'lowest' of your selection, you have to hit that scan left spot, sometimes several times, to get there.  The position is not saved when you exit to a battle, so when you return to port, you have to chunk left all over again.

Wouldn't it make more sense to shift the default view to the left end, where the ships you are interested in for the moment are bunched up?

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

You know that if you right-click on the ship tile, you can "set as primary ship" which puts the ships at the left end.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

AVR_Project #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

If you click on the 'Display Order' item already selected, it toggles ascending/descending.

I usually sort by 'Most Recent Battle'.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

CorvusBB39 #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Neither of those suggestions covers my complaint.

When I'm looking in port it's usually a range of tiers and/or types I am interested in.  If I set the parameters the viewer highlights the selection okay -- then shunts the selection off to the left so I have to chunk left several times to see the whole selection.  When I return frim a battle, instead of remembering where it was when I left the viewer has shoved everything to the left so I have to move it back right all over again.  It's like every time I open the door to my car, the mirror gets cranked all the way clockwise so that I have to reset before driving off.

Following your suggestion, AVR, would be good if I were taking the same ship out again immediately but I rarely do that.  Right now I am taking everything out scater-shot whike I build up to tier V.  Ditto for your suggestion, Admiral.  I have no primary ship at present.

Really, though, I shouldn't have to resort to work arounds.  If I have selected a block of ships, those are the ships tge port viewer should show, dammitm

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users