The solution to forum whining --

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

CalicoBill #61 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTheDreadnought, on 21 April 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

. . . and yet. . . there are still 3-5 DDs per side in almost every match.  This game cannot accommodate any more DD players.

View PostCanadatron, on 21 April 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

You know we have actual stats that indicate you're a liar right? You should try and play more than 26 games in Destroyers before you try and tell us who actually play the class "how it is". If you spent half as much time pissing and moaning about a class you don't even play you might

not be struggling with Battleship so much.

Not taking his side but I'm sure he can count the number of DD's in a game no matter what ship he is playing...just saying. And kudos on the stat shaming...it is very endearing.

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."   

My_Other_Car_Is_A_Tank #62 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Why do people still think DDs are the main whining group when IJN torpedoes have been pounded into the ground, and BBs are the most dominant class. When we have a specific term baBBy to refer to BB whiners. I say this as a BB main.

"Shoot first, ask never!" -Koko Hekmatyar

IJN: Amagi, Mogami, Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Zuiho USN: Colorado, Pensacola, Mahan, Arkansas, Albany  KM: Nurnberg, Bayern, G-101, Emden, Admiral Graf Spee IRN: Gnevny, Kirov, Molotov, Murmansk FOG: Kirishima, Kongo, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, Takao, Myoko RN: Danae MN: Bougainville

Soon: Shiratsuyu, Bismarck       Later: Ryuujo

Aiseus' Warship Designs: http://imgur.com/a/QW7j7

crzyhawk #63 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View PostMy_Other_Car_Is_A_Tank, on 21 April 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Why do people still think DDs are the main whining group when IJN torpedoes have been pounded into the ground, and BBs are the most dominant class. When we have a specific term baBBy to refer to BB whiners. I say this as a BB main.

mainly because when DD players whine, they do it like drama queens.  It's always world ending, game breaking, un-sufferable punishment.

BB whiners are just a steady diet of the same tears.

taut #64 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View Postcrzyhawk, on 21 April 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

mainly because when DD players whine, they do it like drama queens.  It's always world ending, game breaking, un-sufferable punishment.

What about the Cruisers???

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #65 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Postcrzyhawk, on 21 April 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Mostly because destroyers have been pounded into the ground and the players who main destroyers are getting frustrated with it

While the battleships whine about everything and typically get their way, which just adds to the frustration other classes experience.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works

SireneRacker #66 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postcrzyhawk, on 21 April 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

To be completely honest, I can somewhat understand the Drama made by the DD-mains. If the server numbers tell us anything, then it's that DDs are by far not as popular as BBs. Battleships have more battles played than the Destroyers. I think that this is not a sign of balance in this game.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Canadatron #67 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostCalicoBill, on 21 April 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Not taking his side but I'm sure he can count the number of DD's in a game no matter what ship he is playing...just saying. And kudos on the stat shaming...it is very endearing.

and that kind you for bringing so very much to the conversation. Do you also not believe DD is 3rd in plays? Was the moon landing faked? Are we in the Matrix?

His anecdotal evidence holds oh so much statistical weight....

-={FOG}=- Community Member

crzyhawk #68 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View Postslak__, on 21 April 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

What about the Cruisers???

We cruisers are a combination of whining.  It's a steady diet of game breaking imbalance.

Goose21891 #69 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

My solution has always been to just to add all the whiners and trolls to my ever growing ignore list.

CLUCH_CARGO #70 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Bottom Line this Thread is Hilarious !

Posted Image

_WaveRider_ #71 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostTheDreadnought, on 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/123129-rpf-is-so-broken-it-needs-to-be-fixed-now/

This thread made me realize that the wildly out of touch whining that appears on this forum originates with one group of people.

DD Mains will:

• Adopt a chicken little mentality to any change
  • Claim that every change is a game breaking nerf to DDs (RDF, OWSF, etc)
  • Claim that every change is a magical BB buff

Therfore, I propose the World of Warships Forum Environment Repair and Recovery Act of 2017.  Henceforth:

If your most played ship type is destroyers. . . you are banned from participating in forum discussions.  We don't need your type here with your stupid protesting, breaking of windows, assaulting of people you disagree with, starting fires, and general violence and mayhem.  BBs won the election.  Deal with it!

:trollface:

(Legitimate whining, such as about the Alabama, is exempted from the act.)

Another thread designed to generate spite on the forums; yay! :facepalm:

Canadatron #72 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Commander

• Members

View Post_WaveRider_, on 21 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Another thread designed to generate spite on the forums; yay! :facepalm:

Exactly. We need less of that stuff and the OP sees that post and thinks "hurr I'll do one better!". More ignorant divisive posting please! 

-={FOG}=- Community Member

Shnoze_Shmon #73 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSweetRollThief, on 21 April 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

"Legitimate whining" ??!!!!! 

Is that something like "alternative facts" ??

Hmmm...  Actually I think it may be more comparable to "Fact Checking", but an honest lie, it's all relative.
Spoiler

not_acceptable #74 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCanadatron, on 21 April 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Exactly. We need less of that stuff and the OP sees that post and thinks "hurr I'll do one better!". More ignorant divisive posting please!

as has been explained to me repeatedly by the prime trollers and those that post the most divisive stuff on the forums, it's not trolling if the post they are responding to has any content they consider stupid. since they consider anything that they didn't think of as stupid, there is no trolling anywhere in this forum, and they back that up with statshaming. if you were to approach this all with an alternative logic, and empathy for the trollers, you would see where they are coming from. egoland.

(ed. note: wait till they see the pretty colors on my WT signature... plenty of statshaming ammo there!)

Edited by not_acceptable, 21 April 2017 - 07:00 PM.

dark.png

​currently residing in hell's basement, and loving it.

TenguBlade #75 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostNyachi, on 21 April 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Add this to your rules:

Bb players arent allowed to give advice or complain about other ship classes.

I beg your pardon, I like to think I give out decent advice for not just BBs but a lot of ships...

View PostMy_Other_Car_Is_A_Tank, on 21 April 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

There are derogatory terms for players of all classes.  DDs are the ones chronically flailing and screaming so we always hear the BBabby insult because they play victim and blame battleships for everything.

For instance, RPF is a terrible skill to take on a BB, and on most non-DDs in general, but somehow it's a BB buff just because it's a DD nerf.

Edited by TenguBlade, 21 April 2017 - 07:40 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

1nv4d3rZ1m #76 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

Vice Admiral

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 21 April 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Mostly because destroyers have been pounded into the ground and the players who main destroyers are getting frustrated with it

While the battleships whine about everything and typically get their way, which just adds to the frustration other classes experience.

Oh I didn't realize you were a DD main. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users