First impression on French cruisers abstract

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Xero_Snake #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Members

The Eldars in WoWs!

My take on the overview of French cruisers:

In overall, honestly, they're the most fragile ships I ever seen - especially when comparing with Tier III - V. Emile seems to be the weakest, even more so than Kirov. Still, it don't discourage me from playing them. Because other than its guns' mediocre reload times, the ballistics parameters are actually pretty good, which is a redeeming quality about their guns that I was expecting on them. So as their torps as well. Despite being glass cannons, they're considerably maneuverable until top tiers.

And last of all... I actually think both French & Russians can become good buddies when I notice they got some things in common. Honestly, tagging Henri with Moskva would indeed make an ideal treat.

On side note: I like the bronze emblem on the French, with twin Gallic roosters & most of all, the ICONIC lily flower (fleur-de-lis)!

Edited by Xero_Snake, 21 April 2017 - 11:08 AM.

Russian IRN/Soviet VMF tech tree proposals & speculations milestones:

Aircraft carrier line ( Part 1, Part 2 - Carrier-borne aircraft tech line proposal ); Battleship line 2.0; Battlecruiser line; Air defense (PVO) cruiser branch line; 2nd Destroyer line; Premium Collection ( Part 1, Part 2 )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General ideas archives: Battleships & battlecruisers discussions; Cruisers discussions

German lines assisting ideas: Battlecruiser line ( SMS-era, KMS-era ); Aircraft carrier line

Lonewolfpj #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I think the French ships get better the farther you go up. I am love the Charles Martel 

Aegis270 #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

They're certainly the most fragile ships in the water these days. Didn't think anything would top the British CLs, but then I got 2 cits through the bows of a Emile at medium range from one Konigsberg turret. It's a good day to be playing something with reliable AP. 

Umikami #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

glass cannons

Xenomancers #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

T7 and T8 seem to be where they are strongest.

"Nevermind about maneuvers, go straight at 'em" - Lord Nelson

Xero_Snake #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• Members

Another thing I like about them is that they got good HE shells, sometimes they light up other ships reliably (RNG love them, does it?). Some have their HEs slightly faster than APs.

I can see why a couple of devs are fond of French ships...

Russian IRN/Soviet VMF tech tree proposals & speculations milestones:

Aircraft carrier line ( Part 1, Part 2 - Carrier-borne aircraft tech line proposal ); Battleship line 2.0; Battlecruiser line; Air defense (PVO) cruiser branch line; 2nd Destroyer line; Premium Collection ( Part 1, Part 2 )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General ideas archives: Battleships & battlecruisers discussions; Cruisers discussions

German lines assisting ideas: Battlecruiser line ( SMS-era, KMS-era ); Aircraft carrier line

YamatoA150 #7 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Their CAs are wonderful.  Algerie and Charles are looking to be pretty solid for their tier, though I'm struggling to adapt to Charles (mainly because I play her too aggressively thanks to her flexibility).

I'm probably going to keep the T7-10 and buy their Permacamo for regular gameplay until the French BBs come over (for Richelieu, that sexy Alsace N3, and some speedy 450mm "Super Alsace").

My massive list of suggestions (Updated 05/17/2016).  Feel free to constructively debate and discuss.

Remember remember the 17th of September, the Tirpitz; which cost a lot.  Some say it's a fortune, and that it's extortion; but the price will never be forgot.

"I call her the Sandman.  She tells other tier 3 ships, "Hush now.  Only dreams," as she murders them."LittleWhiteMouse on Konig Albert - 08/30/2016

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users