crzyhawk #21 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

I sold my Mogami, have no use for it

icehaddock #22 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I own Atago and I had given up on grinding Mogami.  Couldn't adjust to slow turning rate of 155mm rifles and with 203 mm guns, I didn't have the staying power as in my Atago (has heal).

All that changed after the 155mm buff, After going back to 155mm riffles with faster turning I saw improvement but not much.  Then I reorganized my captain skill using all my available doublons to get IFHE and I haven't looked back.  So many great games  since then. The XPs has rolled in and I'm now only 20K points from having enough to upgrade to Ibuki.

Not sure what I will do when I get there.  I usually sell my previous ship when I go to next tier.  Mogami might be the first ship that I decide to keep.

However my 16 point captain right now is setup for Mogami.  That includes IFHE which I won't need for Ibuki and I hate the idea to regrind a captain (not enough time).

Still not sure what I will do when I get there.  My other IJN cruiser captain that I have used exclusively on Atago is only 11 points.

SkyRail #23 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I have Atago, Pudding-Chan, and Mogamin. only start revisit Mogamin after the recent buff.

Atago feel like the tankiest thanks to the heal.

Pudding-Chan is always meh in all around.

Mogamin tho...... she farms so much damage when no one is shooting at you. Got my first cruiser 200k+ damage in Mogamin.

I am the source of my shell. steel is my body and HE is my blood.

I have burnt over a thousand ships. Unknown to victory, Nor known to defeat.

Have withstood hit to light up many fires, yet those guns shall never stop firing.

So, as I pray, Unlimited Fire Works!

TenguBlade #24 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostSkyRail, on 11 May 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

Atago feel like the tankiest thanks to the heal.

It's honestly only because of the heal that she has any form of tankiness.  There's a reason why most of us think "scrub" when we see an Atago driver, especially after she's been permanently on sale for so long.

Edited by TenguBlade, 11 May 2017 - 07:49 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Sethanas #25 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 11 May 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

It's honestly only because of the heal that she has any form of tankiness.  There's a reason why most of us think "scrub" when we see an Atago driver, especially after she's been permanently on sale for so long.

^ Grinding the Edin, keep melting Atagos who broadside for no good reason, Not so tanky when you put out them citadels like a cheap..... uhh yeah, cant say that here me thinks..... :trollface:

TenguBlade #26 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostSethanas, on 11 May 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

Not so tanky when you put out them citadels like a cheap..... uhh yeah, cant say that here me thinks..... :trollface:

I mean, the Takaos in KanColle are pretty much the stereotypic anime "chest is the only asset worth mentioning" fanservice characters...

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

threechords #27 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

What is IFHE?  Tried search on net and didn't find.  Something with commander I think?

Sethanas #28 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postthreechords, on 13 May 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

What is IFHE?  Tried search on net and didn't find.  Something with commander I think?

Inertial Fuse High Explosive (or something like that) 4rth level captain skill, gives you 30% more pen with HE at the cost of -3% fire chance.

Lightning_Lad64 #29 Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Absolutely better.  not quite the killing machine she was in Closed Beta, but REALLY enjoying her now.  Borderline OP.  :playing:

And truly one of the best looking ships in the game as an additional incentive.  Love the Mogami.  So happy to see her back to her previous (CB) glory!

Port Lightning Lad: Currently Sailing

BB:  Arkansas Beta, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Kongo,ARP Kirishima, New York, Bayern, New Mexico, Colorado, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz

CA/CL:  Emden, St. Louis, Duguay-TrouinPhoenix, Konigsberg, Murmansk, Budyonny, Cleveland, Duca d'Aosta, La Galissonniare, Leander, Nurnberg, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, Atlanta, Belfast, FijiARP TakaoAtago, Chapayev, MogamiPrinz EugenDmitri Donskoi, Neptune, Roon, Hindenburg, Moskva

WidochMeirker #30 Posted Today, 03:32 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

It's a lot better now with the upgrade to the 155s.  Though I wouldn't go so far as to say it's OP.   It still can't take a hit worth anything and gets citadeled from any angle and any distance by anything firing 155s or bigger.  If you get into a map that encourages closer combat, it almost becomes a liability due to it being made of tin foil and a brown paper bag.  But, if you can get a map that allows some distance firing, with a team that keeps stuff spotted, you can flat out wreck battleships and giggle the whole time doing it.  However, once you're targeted, bend over and kiss your butt goodbye if they're a good shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users