T5 - Emile Bertin

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Spyde #1 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Émile Bertin 5 CA/CL  France 15 86.67% 63,503 1,787 8.3 1.7 0.4 80% 33% 2%

Finished the T5 last night.  So i figured i would toss a little info up on this ship.  Pretty short rundown.. but figured i would share my Experience with these ships as i Finish them.

Capt Skills

Priority Target/Adrenal Rush/Demo Expert 

This thing does not take damage well at all, Battleships can/will Citadel you from any angle.   Rudder/Engine seems to get knocked out alot.  Just about anything that shoots at you.. will do good damage to you.

This ship does not accelerate fast.. Do NOT stop, keep your ship speed up (Can go 35knots), stay near islands

Detection is  12.6km if you don't have Concealment Expert.. So you will be spotted alot. (then again just like most other T5 Cruisers)

Based on how the ship drives and takes damage.. It feels meh.

The guns.     12% Fire chance base.  14% with Demo expert makes it very easy to light targets up with. The arcs are not bad, better than the Omaha class it felt like at least.

I found it easy to hit for 2-3k dmg if the target gave you a good shot.

HE is the go to round.  I had some 3-4 citadel volleys.. but its a very specific situation that it would work.  (within 10k.. Flat Broadside.. T6 and under Cruisers)

Best way to play this ship i found.

Fight at Max Range

Pay Close Attention to Priority Target.. If someone is looking at you.. you better be using WASD.

Use Islands for cover.  There are plenty you can shoot over.

Use Torps on ships if you can catch them around an island.  If the enemy can shoot well.. you wont get into range driving at them like you can in the Furutaka..you cannot take the damage to get there.

I had an average of 90k dmg after 10 games, but i started trying new things that.... got me to lose 3/4 of my HP head on to a T4 Battleship.

My T5 Cruiser Rankings

Furutaka > Kirov > Omaha = Emile Bertin > Konigsberg > Emerald.

Its a fun ship.. Just have to play very safe.  I very much enjoyed playing through this one, but its not a keeper to me with the Furutaka and Kirov Available.

If you have any questions feel free to ask..   Also toss out your own experiences with this ship!

Edited by Spyde, 20 April 2017 - 03:20 PM.

[-K-] Kraken

T10  Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi  , Z52, Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   T9: Saint-Louis

ValkyrWarframe #2 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostSpyde, on 20 April 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

My T5 Cruiser Rankings

Don't even put Emerald in a comparison.

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Estimated_Prophet #3 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostSpyde, on 20 April 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

My T5 Cruiser Rankings

View PostValkyrWarframe, on 20 April 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Don't even put Emerald in a comparison.

If you say so... In my experience Konigsburg and Emerald are both excellent; Furutaka as well; it is Kirov that is the pile of broken... nay, utterly smashed glass; and don't even get me started on how amazingly worthless (compared to its 'reputaion,') Leander turned out to be.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

Spyde #4 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Emerald isn't that bad.. just because i put it last...doesn't mean i'm saying its terrible.  I just prefer the other T5 Cruisers.

Edited by Spyde, 20 April 2017 - 03:50 PM.

[-K-] Kraken

T10  Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi  , Z52, Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   T9: Saint-Louis

Patton5150 #5 Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Out of curiosity, why do you rank the Konigsberg so low? 

TenguBlade #6 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostPatton5150, on 20 April 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, why do you rank the Konigsberg so low? 

Likely because of the bad HE.  That was an acceptable weakness when she was always top-tier, but when facing T6 and T7 CAs she has to rely on HE because she can't pen them with AP.  BBs always required HE as well unless they were broadside, and there's a ton of them out nowadays.

All I know about these ships is that they squish very easily.  I touched a Bertin on the stern with my Graf Spee and detonated it - that's a little putting-off.

Edited by TenguBlade, 20 April 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Exciton8964 #7 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

So it does a lot of fire damage?

60k average damage is pretty high for a relatively low 33% MBH

BullHalsey #8 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Encountered an Atlanta in it earlier at around 8km, I timed the consequences at 24 seconds it took for him to finish me from full HP with his regular HE.  He hit me 71 times for 23,605 dmg, started 3 fires for 2,895 and knocked the rudder out 2 times.  Twenty-four seconds.  Managed to hit him in return 10 times for 7,519 and start 1 fire which did 259, almost got him with a torp.  He was quite proud of himself, too.  The almost total lack of armor must have meant it didn't bounce or break many shells.  That, I am pretty sure, is the most amount of damage I have ever taken in so short an amount of time from an Atlanta in any other ship I've been in.

Edited by BullHalsey, 20 April 2017 - 09:38 PM.

SalvoSanta #9 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Top tier this ship is awesome. But that never happens so best to either div with a Dd for smoke or get through it as quick as possible. 

Another example of MM ruining a nice little ship.

Pugilistic #10 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

Ensign

• Members

Renamed it "Emile BottomTier".

Edited by Pugilistic, 21 April 2017 - 04:07 AM.

The Shack was a famous watering hole in Chapel Hill NC across the street from He's Not Here. It was torn down, despite all predictions it would fall down first, about 1990. Preppy Heaven at Blue Heaven.

Spyde #11 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostExciton8964, on 20 April 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

So it does a lot of fire damage?

60k average damage is pretty high for a relatively low 33% MBH

I shoot random islands when waiting for match to end for something to do haha.

Must shell the villa's!

[-K-] Kraken

Pugilistic #12 Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostSpyde, on 21 April 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I shoot random islands when waiting for match to end for something to do haha.

Must shell the villa's!

​Those villas and castles are OP. No fires, no cits.
The Shack was a famous watering hole in Chapel Hill NC across the street from He's Not Here. It was torn down, despite all predictions it would fall down first, about 1990. Preppy Heaven at Blue Heaven.

Taichunger #13 Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

Captain

• Members

Bertin is really a lot of fun. I stopped playing T5 and forgot how much fun it was -- if you're not uptiered. Then it's a trial.

I average 40K damage after 6 games -- potato'd my first two games and died very early. I have the bad habit of rushing out to fight. Not a good idea in a glass ship. Your impressions are same as mine -- it's a great ship as long as nobody is shooting at it. 

Just want to know -- why does the T4 Duguay have a 15.0 km range with all upgrades, but the Emile a tier higher has 14.9 km range. Shouldn't it be higher???

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

Landing_Skipper #14 Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostTaichunger, on 23 April 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Bertin is really a lot of fun. I stopped playing T5 and forgot how much fun it was -- if you're not uptiered. Then it's a trial.

I average 40K damage after 6 games -- potato'd my first two games and died very early. I have the bad habit of rushing out to fight. Not a good idea in a glass ship. Your impressions are same as mine -- it's a great ship as long as nobody is shooting at it. 

Just want to know -- why does the T4 Duguay have a 15.0 km range with all upgrades, but the Emile a tier higher has 14.9 km range. Shouldn't it be higher???

Because Doogey is kind of OP for Tier 4 and EB most certainly is NOT for T5. 
"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

Rolkatsuki #15 Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

hmm okaiis op Im currently grinding my Emile Bertin too with Priority Targeting and Demo Xbert on her commander, so thanks for the heads up on this cruiser

I have grinded through both the Funtaka and Omaha as well and I have to say the Emile Bertin is just somewhat disappointing compared to the 2 mainly due to upsetting reload time on the main guns for their caliber(feels like a driving a tank with a dead loader or damage ammo rack in WoT again) but then again Im still rather new to the tier 5 french cruiser and may not be playing her properly...

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

Taichunger #16 Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Captain

• Members

Posted Image

I run Emile with 10 pt captain, DE and IFHE. In this game I burned the CV 6 minutes in, and killed a Kongo with torps. Our potato team overcame that advantage to hand the game to red, however, even though our Kaiser captain Krakened. 

In this ship you have to plan carefully where you are going to be, using islands as armor, and constantly changing speed and turning, to dodge. Priority Target, like all cruisers, is an absolute must. The turrets turn rapidly, so just get High Alert for the 2 pt capt skill. 

Her AP will cit T5 and T4 cruisers no problem. Above that, only at close range. 

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

SparvieroVV #17 Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

In age appropriate matches this thing is a beast. Everything is so thin and everyone wants to bump uglies that using AP is a citadel here, a citadel there! :trollface:

http://imgur.com/a/aPTCT

Sir_Davos_Seaworth #18 Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Yeah, I'll have 3 or 4 pretty good games in a row, then...."BLAM" deleted by a BB I didn't see until to late. Ouch. Being up tiered in her make me sad. :( I like her  almost as much as the Kirov. Is she a keeper? Not sure yet...

The Onion Knight demands trial by World of Warships

Fleet in Being at Put-In-Bay Ohio: Brig, Niagara. Ironclad, Michigan (latter Wolverine)

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #19 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

She flies though, 40.5 knots with speed flag.  The more i play Emile, the more I like her.

Chaos_EN2 #20 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSir_Davos_Seaworth, on 06 May 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Yeah, I'll have 3 or 4 pretty good games in a row, then...."BLAM" deleted by a BB I didn't see until to late.

Yes that is the same for me also, BUT I love her speed I can keep up with most DDs. Just wish she could trade the fighter for smoke or for an spotter plane.

But I still feeling her out so I am not sure about being a "keeper":unsure:

Proud Former USN Sailor - EN2 1978-1986 - USS El Paso LKA-117 - USS Whidbey Island LSD-41 (Plank Owner), Proud Member of Grey Wolf Gamers http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/ Current Ships - Smith, Caledon, Friant, Okhotnik, Perth, Fiji

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users