Next time we have an event for pearls, coins, diamonds or whatever ...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Next time we have an event for pearls, coins, diamonds or whatever ... (61 members have cast votes)

Allow SCs to contain pearls / coins during a pearl / coin collecting event?

1. Yarp (49 votes [80.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.33%

2. Narp (3 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

3. Meh (9 votes [14.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Lert #1 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Next time we have an event where we can earn pearls, coins, diamonds, cow patties or whatever arbitrary collectible item WG chooses for us to earn and buy prizes with, temporarily up the drop rate for supercontainers and give them a significant chance to drop said pearls, coins, diamonds or cow patties.

This event would be spiced up if you had a realistic chance of getting, say, 50 or 100 coins on the drop of an SC.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

paradat #2 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Yarp!

_hat_ #3 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Second

Stop exploding, you cowards!

X15 #4 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

SCs are rare enough as is, but I suppose I'm more likely to get one of those than a top 100 award.

I just want the contest to be achievable with less than 4 hours a day of playing. 

Colonel_ace #5 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

The supercontainer idea just puts our success in the hands of RNGesus; I would rather have it on a skill base that is a little more achievable than this Elements event.  

Lert #6 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostColonel_ace, on 18 April 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

The supercontainer idea just puts our success in the hands of RNGesus; I would rather have it on a skill base that is a little more achievable than this Elements event.  

Depends how they balance it. If they balance the requirements and earn rate as 'normal' without taking the chance for an SC drop into account, any SC drop will just be a free bonus. If they balance it with the SC drop rate in mind and lower the regular earn rate, you'd have a very valid concern.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

X15 #7 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Maybe they could give us a special container with a 10% rate and 20 coins or something. Factor it in with what you can earn.

Sharkbait_416 #8 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostLert, on 18 April 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Next time we have an event where we can earn pearls, coins, diamonds, cow patties or whatever arbitrary collectible item WG chooses for us to earn and buy prizes with, temporarily up the drop rate for supercontainers and give them a significant chance to drop said pearls, coins, diamonds or cow patties.

This event would be spiced up if you had a realistic chance of getting, say, 50 or 100 coins on the drop of an SC.

I voted yes, but I haven't seen a SC since February despite regularly earning my crates. I doubt I would see one in the next three weeks.

Follow the link for a WoWS Invite Code: http://playtogether..../invite/7gbYqmz

Sethanas #9 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostColonel_ace, on 18 April 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

X Coins for every time you top the XP chart of your team? Skill based, hard enough to achieve a couple of coins, or perhaps a mission (top xp 5 times = 10 coins?)

You wont be grinding a Kamikaze R with just that but at least it'd help.

Edited by Sethanas, 18 April 2017 - 08:59 PM.

_WaveRider_ #10 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Ensign

• Members

Yarp! Gotta go with The Hound lol.

To add context, I don't stand a snowballs chance of getting anywhere near the Kami R, but come on, I can get me enough for one of the upgrades. Can't grumble about work keeping me away, as that's what gives me my money; so I view what is in reach and shout mine..mine..mine!

(A Nemo Seagull meme wouldn't go amiss!) :honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_, 18 April 2017 - 09:04 PM.

Zero_Kelvin #11 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

NEVER AGAIN.

This user has been DELETED

BrushWolf #12 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostLert, on 18 April 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

This or put a couple of not too easy missions up that reward the short term currency.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Zim_Xero #13 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I voted no because it would further increase the actual requirements to win top prizes.  Also, players that aren't pursuing the special events would be getting a near-worthless supercontainer.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

Viscount #14 Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'd say nay, I don't want it changed to where I have to win the rng lottery to complete an event, I'd prefer they just make it more realistically doable like the old pearls Kami R event back when.

Captain_Dorja #15 Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

This is a great idea. 

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

TTK_Aegis #16 Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Honestly, I'd rather they just structure events like this to be doable in three weeks if you go at it like a madman, but make the event last four weeks so those of us with less free time can earn the ship too. 

Getting it a week early should be enough of a reward for the hardcore, and adding one week isn't going to mean that everyone earns it. Just lowers bar a little bit closer to the realm of sanity for working folks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users