Upper Tier Jerks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Rounne #41 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKalishniKat, on 17 April 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv.

So you now admit that it was pretty much EXACTLY what I figured, that your entire team was in a big fight and instead of helping them out, you decided to shoot the easy shot at the carrier. As well, do you not see that despite you saying that you were "not hiding in the back" you admit that the main fight was far in front of you?

Provide the replay and I bet that I am right and you are wrong about how you SHOULD have been helping your team despite what you think you were doing. Was the dead guy being a jerk? Most likely. Were you really helping the team? Most likely not. 

The reason you don't ask, "What was I doing wrong" is because you don't care about what you were doing wrong. You don't want to know because then you would have to change the way that you play. The reality is that you are utterly selfishly playing a multiplayer team based game with ZERO consideration for actually helping your team out and then complain about everyone else complaining about you.

Like I said, this phenomena is something that YOU experience and I don't. They yell at you, not me, and to you it is a global problem for everyone and not just your problem because of the way that you play. You don't give a damn about what the real issue is that causes people to yell at you, which is the way you play. Instead, because you are utterly selfish in a multiplayer team based game you refuse to even consider the fact that you were not helping out as you should have.

Everyone is NOT getting yelled at in the higher tiers. But certainly, the players that play selfishly and poorly are getting flack a lot. You refuse to even see the possibility that you deserve it. Why? Because it's all about you now isn't it?

Edited by Rounne, 17 April 2017 - 04:08 PM.

Hiroe #42 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostaAkula, on 17 April 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

I'm one of those upper tier jerks, i admit it.

You don't simply "admit" it. You take pride in it. You think you're so special that you have the right to abuse anyone you want for any reason you want. It's a bad joke.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe

Hiroe #43 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

So you now admit that it was pretty much EXACTLY what I figured, that your entire team was in a big fight and instead of helping them out, you decided to shoot the easy shot at the carrier. As well, do you not see that despite you saying that you were "not hiding in the back" you admit that the main fight was far in front of you?

Provide the replay and I bet that I am right and you are wrong about how you SHOULD have been helping your team despite what you think you were doing. Was the dead guy being a jerk? Most likely. Were you really helping the team? Most likely not. 

The reason you don't ask, "What was I doing wrong" is because you don't care about what you were doing wrong. You don't want to know because then you would have to change the way that you play. The reality is that you are utterly selfishly playing a multiplayer team based game with ZERO consideration for actually helping your team out and then complain about everyone else complaining about you.

Like I said, this phenomena is something that YOU experience and I don't. They yell at you, not me, and to you it is a global problem for everyone and not just your problem because of the way that you play. You don't give a damn about what the real issue is that causes people to yell at you, which is the way you play. Instead, because you are utterly selfish in a multiplayer team based game you refuse to even consider the fact that you were not helping out as you should have.

Everyone is NOT getting yelled at in the higher tiers. But certainly, the players that play selfishly and poorly are getting flack a lot. You refuse to even see the possibility that you deserve it. Why? Because it's all about you now isn't it?

Um, there is a lot of verbal abuse at the higher tiers. It seems that people take the game a lot more seriously there, and consequently their emotions are more involved. If someone doesn't meet the expectations of one of these "special" people then the "special" person unloads all sorts of insults on them. It's ridiculous.

It doesn't have much to do with team play either. It's simple: people get upset, mostly because their team doesn't meet their expectations in some way, and they then look to use someone to take their anger and frustration out on.

Edit: It's not only that. Some people get upset by their own play too and then find someone to take their anger and frustration out on. It's DISGUSTING.

Edited by Hiroe, 17 April 2017 - 04:17 PM.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

Agememnon #44 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postgiovybez, on 16 April 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

The one and only thing that gets under my skin is when a player on the enemy team has a nice match and proceeds to go in all chat to gloat.

"150k damage 5 kills we totally slaughtered them"

That is dooshbaggery at it's worst IMO, keep those comments in your team chat sheesh. If any of you reading this is guilty of it, please stop, no one on the other team is admiring you, they all think ur a pendejo.

I do this to my team when Im bottom tier and probably going to outscore all the dooshbags on my own team, probably because we are going to lose.....LOL.

Rounne #45 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostHiroe, on 17 April 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Um, there is a lot of verbal abuse at the higher tiers. It seems that people take the game a lot more seriously there, and consequently their emotions are more involved. If someone doesn't meet the expectations of one of these "special" people then the "special" person unloads all sorts of insults on them. It's ridiculous.

It doesn't have much to do with team play either. It's simple: people get upset, mostly because their team doesn't meet their expectations in some way, and they then look to use someone to take their anger and frustration out on.

Edit: It's not only that. Some people get upset by their own play and then find someone to take their anger and frustration out on too. It's DISGUSTING.

Of course they are. And who are they going to take that frustration out on? That's right the person on the team that they see as the weakest link. Do I feel for newer players constantly getting yelled at? Actually I do feel for them and I yell at them a whole lot less now than I did 1000 games ago. People who really want to help the team and learn the game and not drag every team they are on down want to know what they are doing wrong. However, the casual players, who are just here for their own amusement in a team based game at the complete expense of everyone else on the team, don't give a damn about doing better or causing everyone else so much grief.

Bad players never say, "I'm sorry that I am bringing you down folks I am learning and trying". Instead all they do is rage on the forums that everyone else raged at them. How can I feel for a bad player who is getting yelled at a lot but then doesn't give a damn about how to actually play better? I don't and I won't. Instead, I will blame them for causing the entire problem to begin with by never learning to play better themselves.

Are people wrong about who they yell at and why? Sure. But from what I have seen, more often then not the person deserved it, they just don't understand why they deserve it and don't care about fixing whatever problems they cause for everyone else. If you want to play casually and not help the team and not play for the win, then play bot mode and stay out of random games. Stop bringing down everyone else because you don't give a damn to play the game to your best (not saying you here, just in general). People are so selfish today that they don't give a damn that they bring 11 other people down every time they spam the game. Instead, like Slak posted, they just want to deny reality and stay in their little safe space and pretend as if everyone else is the problem and never themselves as being the problem.

Edited by Rounne, 17 April 2017 - 04:28 PM.

Hiroe #46 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Of course they are. And who are they going to take that frustration out on? That's right the person on the team that they see as the weakest link. Do I feel for newer players constantly getting yelled at? Actually I do feel for them and I yell at them a whole lot less now than I did 1000 games ago. People who really want to help the team and learn the game and not drag every team they are on down want to know what they are doing wrong. However, the casual players who are just here for their own amusement in a team based game at the complete expense of everyone else on the team don't give a damn about doing better or causing everyone else so much grief.

Bad players never say, "I'm sorry that I am bringing you down folks I am learning and trying". Instead all they do is rage on the forums that everyone else raged at them. How can I feel for a bad player who is getting yelled at a lot but then doesn't give a damn about how to actually play better? I don't and I won't. Instead, I will blame them for causing the entire problem to begin with by never learning to play better themselves.

Are people wrong about who they yell at and why? Sure. But from what I have seen, more often then not the person deserved it, they just don't understand why they deserve it and don't care about fixing whatever problems they cause for everyone else. If you want to play casually and not help the team and not play for the win, then play bot mode and stay out of random games. Stop bringing down everyone else because you don't give a damn to play the game to your best (not saying you here, just in general). People are so selfish today that they don't give a damn that they bring 11 other people down every time they spam the game. Instead, like Slak posted, they just want to deny reality and stay in their little safe space and pretend as if everyone else is the problem and never themselves as being the problem.

You're pretending that casual players are here to sabotage the teams they're on. No, they're playing the game just like everyone else. They only play it less. That's what makes them casuals. That's the essential difference. They don't not want to win or whatever. That's ridiculous.

KalishniKat #47 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Thanks for the free psycho analysis determining what I do and do not care about.  You seem to be the one with the issues here, getting rather bent out of shape because, not just I but others have observed that there seems to be a higher percentage of high tier players who are jerks. If I make a mistake by all means point it out, but my mistakes, even if they were bad, are no excuse for blatant asshattery and dooshiness, things that in my opinion your posts are beginning to show signs of.

Viper101 #48 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostZionas, on 16 April 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

This is one of the reasons why I despise and shun anything above Tier 7. I see a lot more trash talk (and as much as I hate to admit it, when I get super frustrated I sometimes go down to their level) in Tier 8/9 games, add that with the extremely passive / cautious style of play and it's agony. I'd pay WG 100 bucks to see no higher than Tier 7 in a Tier 7, because I simply cannot stand high tier matches. I have also witnessed numerous times that there seems to be better play at mid-tiers than high tiers.

This. I have had some of the best matches ever in tier VIIs. That said, I don't have any tier 8, 9, or 10s, but on that same token, I don't really want any based on what I have heard/seen. 

Too much pressure, not a lot of fun, the wall of skill, jerks in top tier ships that think they know everything about the game. Just a whole bunch of things. It seems like a bit of a trap. 

Again, some of the best play I have ever seen has been at tier VII. Tier V and VI come in a close second. 

Top tier just doesn't sound very..... top. 

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

I am sorry but you can't be more wrong. Success is not an event, but a process. As earl nightingale explains in his series "Lead The Field" successful people often go from one field of success to another because being successful is a process of attitude, discipline, determination, planning, and all the other factors that make anyone successful at anything they choose. People who are good at the game are often good at many games, as well, they are often good at whatever they choose to spend the time on. Why? Because success is not based on RNG.

I may disagree with a lot of what you say in this thread, but this is so true. 

You are going to become much better at anything you devote time to, just by sheer virtue of doing it. 

Of course training helps, but you can watch all the replays you want, until you actually get out and DO something, there is no way you can actually improve.

That said, some people need to take a chill pill and just relax. 

Izolyn #49 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostViper101, on 17 April 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

This. I have had some of the best matches ever in tier VIIs. That said, I don't have any tier 8, 9, or 10s, but on that same token, I don't really want any based on what I have heard/seen. 

Too much pressure, not a lot of fun, the wall of skill, jerks in top tier ships that think they know everything about the game. Just a whole bunch of things. It seems like a bit of a trap. 

Again, some of the best play I have ever seen has been at tier VII. Tier V and VI come in a close second. 

Top tier just doesn't sound very..... top. 

Initially, I didn't particularly intend to get above ~T8 either (and I hit T8 mainly so I could division with clanmates who wanted to do T10 - of course, then division change happened so I'd need a T9). I did finally work my way up, and so far Zao has been worth it, but I think that depends a lot on which line you're grinding (Zao is nice because it's pretty much the quintessential cruiser: powerful but situational torps, powerful guns against other cruisers but won't win a fight with a battleship, both sufficient armor that being seen isn't a death sentence and sufficient stealth to disengage as necessary). There is definitely a very big element of high tiers being less forgiving than lower tiers, though, which discourages taking risks, which encourages more passive gameplay.

However, I haven't seen any greater toxicity from players in high tiers than I have at lower tiers (which is to say, I've seen very little of it at any tier)...in-game. On the forums, sure. In-game, nope.

If you happen to catch me online, feel free to hit me up for a division. Currently, I have at least one ship of every tier except 9.

tcbaker777 #50 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

so killing off a CV, a ship that can literally take out any ship with one torpedo run, isnt helping your team? what the actual **** are you on?

Edited by tcbaker777, 17 April 2017 - 05:18 PM.

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

mushmouthmorton #51 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

This is why I play coop

Bots don't trash talk - win or lose - they are silent

With no trash from the other team, it makes the humans act a lot better

And allows us to have fun

which is why I play this game in the first place

I get no enjoyment baiting or belittling someone

tcbaker777 - thank you

Edited by mushmouthmorton, 17 April 2017 - 05:24 PM.

tcbaker777 #52 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postmushmouthmorton, on 17 April 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

This is why I play coop

Bots don't trash talk - win or lose - they are silent

With no trash from the other team, it makes the humans act a lot better

And allows us to have fun

which is why I play this game in the first place

I get no enjoyment baiting or belittling someone

and here we have one of the few voices of reason on these forums

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

1nv4d3rZ1m #53 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Vice Admiral

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

I dont see much bashing in chat, I dunno maybe I am just lucky. When I do see it it usually is a poor player or average player that is frustrated. Good players in general are too busy to say anything trying to carry a match. When you are in a game with good players like kombat_w0mbat or Pope_Shizzle you wont here them say much of anything once the game starts because they are playing the game. That does not mean there are good players that dont abuse others, there is one particular clan that seems to have a couple members that trash me the few times I have had the misfortune of getting into a game with them, but they are the exception to the rule. 

One thing I do notice is that if someone is raging in chat or telling others what to do they open themselves up to criticism. Its usually best to just keep what you have to say to yourselves. Most people in game are not looking for constructive criticism or analysis of their play. They just want to pew pew a couple ships, sink, then repeat.

Moonrider #54 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostKalishniKat, on 16 April 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

, "You wasted rounds on a &^%$ Cv"  "You have 30 second reloads and you sank a CV, what an idiot".. 

Repeat one of the following to them: 

• "You bag of the scum. I will remove your manhoods and leave them out on the dessert flour for your aunts to eat. "
  • "Spider woman! I have captured you by the short rabbits and can now deliver you violently to your gynecologist for a thorough extermination."
  • "Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep."
  • "You're bad. You make my busts up and down." 

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

CaptainKaitoGhost #55 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postslak__, on 16 April 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

Do average players trash talk?

I'm average and I talk crap

Same.  Also the occasional "LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOYYY JEEEEEEENNKIIIIINSAH!!!!" at the beginning of the match.

Come visit the Bunker!  A casual place to talk about the game!

http://thebunker.fre.../world-warships

Hiroe #56 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I said a lot earlier, but the community here is pretty decent. There aren't many "special" ones here.

taut #57 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostCaptainKaitoGhost, on 17 April 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Same.  Also the occasional "LEEEEEEEEEROOOOOYYY JEEEEEEENNKIIIIINSAH!!!!" at the beginning of the match.

Chickinz!? 

I HAZZZZZ!!!!!

Rounne #58 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Posttcbaker777, on 17 April 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

so killing off a CV, a ship that can literally take out any ship with one torpedo run, isnt helping your team? what the actual **** are you on?

tcbaker do you honestly think they would have yelled at him if he was just shooting the carrier as he innocently claimed in the opening post? No, in a later post he admits that the rest of the team was in a fight to the death and needed him to help them. But instead, he chose to shoot at a carrier instead. This mind you while he is playing a battleship behind everyone else who is in the fight. Now think for a second.

1. He is way behind everyone else and he is in a battleship

2. His team is in a big fight and needed his guns at a critical time .

3. He instead chooses to shoot a carrier instead of help everyone else who is most likely about to die because he didn't help them.

4. Did the carrier even have any planes left?

5. Was the carrier about to go down anyway?

The point is that we don't really know outside of the three points that I stated that he did admit too. Do you really think that if he showed the replay that he was tanking the damage and helping the team as a battleship player should? I seriously doubt it. He is complaining as well that people yell at him a lot in high tier games. Well go figure that huh? Obviously it must have nothing to do at all with how he is playing. I challenged him to show a replay of the game so that everyone can see what REALLY happened. But he refused. What does that tell you?

People who get yelled at all the time, we are talking all the time here as he complained about, get yelled at because of how they play. He just refuses to admit that he is as much the problem here, or even perhaps more, as anyone else is. 

CaptainKaitoGhost #59 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

tcbaker do you honestly think they would have yelled at him if he was just shooting the carrier as he innocently claimed in the opening post? No, in a later post he admits that the rest of the team was in a fight to the death and needed him to help them. But instead, he chose to shoot at a carrier instead. This mind you while he is playing a battleship behind everyone else who is in the fight. Now think for a second.

3. He instead chooses to shoot a carrier instead of help everyone else who is most likely about to die because he didn't help them.

The point is that we don't really know outside of the three points that I stated that he did admit too. Do you really think that if he showed the replay that he was tanking the damage and helping the team as a battleship player should? I seriously doubt it. He is complaining as well that people yell at him a lot in high tier games. Well go figure that huh? Obviously it must have nothing to do at all with how he is playing. I challenged him to show a replay of the game so that everyone can see what REALLY happened. But he refused. What does that tell you?

People who get yelled at all the time, we are talking all the time here as he complained about, get yelled at because of how they play. He just refuses to admit that he is as much the problem here, or even perhaps more, as anyone else is. 

...He doesn't actually say anything about the rest of his team being in a big fight.  All he says is there was a bow on Iowa at 18k, and a broadside CV at 12k.  I'd have shot the CV, too.

Come visit the Bunker!  A casual place to talk about the game!

http://thebunker.fre.../world-warships

Hiroe #60 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

This is so absurd. Why are you trying so hard to make him out to be the issue? Even if he made mistake - and we all make mistakes all the time - he shouldn't be insulted for it. If you were insulted for every mistake you made you would very quickly feel differently about all of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users