Upper Tier Jerks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Erebthoron #21 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

For some games trash talk is the only thing you see in the chat. Black Desert online is a "good" example for this. I usually keep quite in matches since I'm not a fan of bragging and if my team is bad I rather add a few grains of salt to my salt grain collection.

Noone_You_Know #22 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

The guy yelled at you for killing the CV? Sounds like an idiot. CVs are high priority targets. The lack of red TBs and DD spotting planes was probably appreciated by your team. Good on you for taking the shot and killing the damned thing.

Rounne #23 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNoone_You_Know, on 17 April 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

The guy yelled at you for killing the CV? Sounds like an idiot. CVs are high priority targets. The lack of red TBs and DD spotting planes was probably appreciated by your team. Good on you for taking the shot and killing the damned thing.

Not blanket true. Was there an Allie to defend? Did he choose to shoot the CV very far away when his team is in a dire battle right in front of him? Remember this OP is saying that he is trying to bring up a problem that he sees a lot. Well people don't yell at me a lot in games now. Why? It is because I am mostly helping the team to win or it is completely obvious what I am trying to do. Instead, the team will take out their frustrations players who appear to NOT be doing what is necessary to help the team. The fact that he showed no replay to back up his case only shows that there is more to this story than meets the eye. I am of the opinion that he most likely deserved what happened, but without the context of the whole picture it is hard to say. 

_WaveRider_ #24 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Ensign

• Members

Top tier does not = anymore pressure than low tiers. How the game affects people is different for everyone.

I don't know anyone that doesn't want to do well. A player who may not be as good at the game as another, should not have that used as a measure of how much they want to win. :amazed:

@Kalishnikat: some people are very good at this game, unfortunately it may be one of the few things they are good at. It becomes something very important to some, it makes them feel good about themselves. Of course this doesn't include all good players, but try and understand those poor individuals who measure their value through the game. :(

Zionas #25 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Ensign

• Members

This is one of the reasons why I despise and shun anything above Tier 7. I see a lot more trash talk (and as much as I hate to admit it, when I get super frustrated I sometimes go down to their level) in Tier 8/9 games, add that with the extremely passive / cautious style of play and it's agony. I'd pay WG 100 bucks to see no higher than Tier 7 in a Tier 7, because I simply cannot stand high tier matches. I have also witnessed numerous times that there seems to be better play at mid-tiers than high tiers.

Rounne #26 Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Post_WaveRider_, on 17 April 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Top tier does not = anymore pressure than low tiers. How the game affects people is different for everyone.

I don't know anyone that doesn't want to do well. A player who may not be as good at the game as another, should not have that used as a measure of how much they want to win. :amazed:

@Kalishnikat: some people are very good at this game, unfortunately it may be one of the few things they are good at. It becomes something very important to some, it makes them feel good about themselves. Of course this doesn't include all good players, but try and understand those poor individuals who measure their value through the game. :(

I am sorry but you can't be more wrong. Success is not an event, but a process. As earl nightingale explains in his series "Lead The Field" successful people often go from one field of success to another because being successful is a process of attitude, discipline, determination, planning, and all the other factors that make anyone successful at anything they choose. People who are good at the game are often good at many games, as well, they are often good at whatever they choose to spend the time on. Why? Because success is not based on RNG.

Instead, it is the "poor individuals" who never try to break through their own barriers and simply accept whatever life dictates to them that never rise above mediocrity no matter what they choose to do with their time. These people often measure success by simply paying the bills and not being dead. I feel sad for people who think that performing to a casual, average, level in what they do should be the goal. The casual player argument is nothing but the defense mechanism of the weak minded, selfish, and lazy people who feel no responsibility at all to anyone else in a team based multiplayer game. Play solitair if you want to be a casual player who doesn't care about performance or the win. To join a multiplayer game and not care about doing well only shows that you don't belong at all in a multiplayer team environment. 

Umikami #27 Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

I am sorry but you can't be more wrong. Success is not an event, but a process. As earl nightingale explains in his series "Lead The Field" successful people often go from one field of success to another because being successful is a process of attitude, discipline, determination, planning, and all the other factors that make anyone successful at anything they choose. People who are good at the game are often good at many games, as well, they are often good at whatever they choose to spend the time on. Why? Because success is not based on RNG.

Instead, it is the "poor individuals" who never try to break through their own barriers and simply accept whatever life dictates to them that never rise above mediocrity no matter what they choose to do with their time. These people often measure success by simply paying the bills and not being dead. I feel sad for people who think that performing to a casual, average, level in what they do should be the goal. The casual player argument is nothing but the defense mechanism of the weak minded, selfish, and lazy people who feel no responsibility at all to anyone else in a team based multiplayer game. Play solitair if you want to be a casual player who doesn't care about performance or the win. To join a multiplayer game and not care about doing well only shows that you don't belong at all in a multiplayer team environment.

success IS a process, but success may be defined different ways, and by different standards, by different players. you state that the game is a multiplayer team environment; I challenge your definition as working for every player. while the game may be that way for YOU, for others it may be nothing more than someplace to come, relax, enjoy releasing some stress by blowing things up, and having that little bit of joy cost a reasonable amount of money. by your standards, that person not only has no business playing (whether he can pay or not), but is actually detrimental to the game for "REAL" players like you.

I'm personally very sorry if I messed your gaming experience up, and I will be happy to not play any more, as soon as WoW asks me to personally.

Till then I think that I'll just keep giving them my quarters, and taking my chances, and clogging up the game for all you poor, underappreciated superplayers.

and it must really suck that you just have to live with that, huh?

(success!)

Edited by Umikami, 17 April 2017 - 07:20 AM.

taut #28 Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

aAkula #29 Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I'm one of those upper tier jerks, i admit it.

[SALTY] aAkula

ReddNekk #30 Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Ensign

• Members

Disabling the player's text works great. I use it often when I find someone to be annoying.

Hold my beer and watch this!

_WaveRider_ #31 Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

Ensign

• Members

I am sorry you couldn't be more wrong. Where have I said success is an event, not a process? In fact I haven't even ventured into that area of discussion.

Wanting to do well in a competition is something I would expect most to want to do. People can be good at many games, or just one. If you think that is an incorrect statement, then again you are wrong (or 'couldn't be more wrong').

I also haven't stated success is based on RNG; so again, you are wrong.

May I suggest if you wish to comment about someone being wrong, at least talk to what they were discussing. I have no problem if you have words of wisdom to bestow, but introducing something new? Keep to the facts.

Even your last sentence: To join a multiplayer and not care about doing well..... You do realise I already stated most people want to do well in game. You seem to be saying if you want to do well, then you can, well as Umikami stated, it's all about how the individual perceives he does well.

Edited by _WaveRider_, 17 April 2017 - 08:51 AM.

murryhawk #32 Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

What a complete load of [edited].

Get off your high horse.

How the [edited]do you get off judging what people are like in real life, based on a video game ffs..

twitch133 #33 Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 17 April 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

Er...Hehe? 

I mean, to be fair, it was only three times...

(Addition, since I feel like justifying myself a little more. All three were prompted by some sort of verbal abuse from a red player.) 

No justification needed. Talking a little bit of smack is fun sometimes.

Playing Kiev the other day. I evicted a red Benson from his (fresh) smoke and killed him. I then proceeded into all chat, and asked him how long his smoke was good for.

A clan mate the proceeded to say "So, this is why you only have a 30 karma."

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"I fear nothing. All is as RNG wills it"

twitch133 #34 Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

people are really yelling at you then we might be able to help you fix the....

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

Most of the players that I see yelling and screaming like that are average or less. 

They seem to think they are better than they are. I used to do it all the time. I felt like I was the only one one my team not responsible for the loss. lol.... WRONG.

As I have learned more about the game, I do not rage like that as much anymore.

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Getting into a top clan with requirements requires this.

Edited by twitch133, 17 April 2017 - 11:27 AM.

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

CylonRed #35 Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

people are really yelling at you then we might be able to help you fix the....

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

So many folks at the upper tier are simply jerks who just want to feel better about themselves by ripping other people who are not as 'good' as they think they are.  Most I have run across do little to help players - they seem to get off on ripping them,

twitch133 #36 Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostaAkula, on 17 April 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

I'm one of those upper tier jerks, i admit it.

You don't have to admit it.

It is painfully obvious.

JCC45 #37 Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

I'm not saying that he isn't. I am just trying to bring the point home that the only thing he posted about was complaining that people were yelling at him at high tiers. Well the standard logic dictates that they actually had reasons for yelling at him, especially if they do it a lot and a lot at higher tiers. But he didn't post saying, "Did I do something wrong here?". No instead he just denigrated "arrogant" (his words) players who yell at him. Well it is actually pretty arrogant of him to assume that they have no cause or just reason at all to yell at him, especially if it is happening a lot. 

In this post he is the arrogant pot calling the arrogant kettle black. So, I felt like pointing that out. 

KalishniKat #38 Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv.

nina_blain_73 #39 Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

ignore and if the get too rowdy give them bad karma...do not engage with them in chat just let them spew I promise they will piss off more people than just you

Edit - and what gets me is it's usually the guy that's already dead blaming someone else for their failure.

Edited by nina_blain_73, 17 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

Hiroe #40 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostKalishniKat, on 17 April 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv.

You're right. All the verbal abuse isn't necessary and these types only say what they say to selfishly vent their own frustration at the expense of others. If these types had a genuine interest in "educating" those with fewer battles they wouldn't use insults and degradation. They would use neutral or diplomatic language.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users