Upper Tier Jerks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

KalishniKat #1 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Seems like the higher tiers have a higher population of arrogant prick a**hats than lower tiers. When I am unfortunate enough to be in one of my tier 7s in a tier 9 game the level of "dooshiness" from some of the tier 9 people is ridiculous. "I sank 3, can't can't anyone else do anything" blah blah yadda yadda. Guy with a Missouri chews me out because I sank the enemy CV with my Colorado...yelling, "You wasted rounds on a &^%$ Cv"  "You have 30 second reloads and you sank a CV, what an idiot".....I failed to see what his issue was. I run into a lot of crap like that from people who think they are "special". Now to be clear, I didn't run off and chase the CV, he was in range, I had the shots and took them. 

Edited by KalishniKat, 17 April 2017 - 04:44 AM.

RivertheRoyal #2 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

Captain

• Members

Just ignore him.

You ran into one of those perfect players, who can do nothing wrong and is weighed down only by his team.

Nothing you say will convince him otherwise. Just move on. He doesn't matter. 

issm #3 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:47 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Bad players trash talk.

I had a guy call me a wallet warrior for playing a Missouri....

After I deleted his Minotaur while he was stopping and smoking broadside to me with radar active...

Got a problem with the game? Don't pay WG, and tell them why.

Mandatory Introductory Reading to the Internet

m373x #4 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Don't argue with trash talkers, this gives them more fuel.

giovybez #5 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

The one and only thing that gets under my skin is when a player on the enemy team has a nice match and proceeds to go in all chat to gloat.

"150k damage 5 kills we totally slaughtered them"

That is dooshbaggery at it's worst IMO, keep those comments in your team chat sheesh. If any of you reading this is guilty of it, please stop, no one on the other team is admiring you, they all think ur a pendejo.

RivertheRoyal #6 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

Captain

• Members

View Postgiovybez, on 16 April 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

The one and only thing that gets under my skin is when a player on the enemy team has a nice match and proceeds to go in all chat to gloat.

That is dooshbaggery at it's worst IMO, keep those comments in your team chat sheesh. If any of you reading this is guilty of it, please stop, no one on the other team is admiring you, they all think ur a pendejo.

Er...Hehe? 

I mean, to be fair, it was only three times...

(Addition, since I feel like justifying myself a little more. All three were prompted by some sort of verbal abuse from a red player.) 

Edited by RivertheRoyal, 17 April 2017 - 05:05 AM.

Rounne #7 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

people are really yelling at you then we might be able to help you fix the....

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

Edited by Rounne, 17 April 2017 - 05:15 AM.

RivertheRoyal #8 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:19 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

I've seen him a few times. 

Seems like a fairly good player to me. 

Rounne #9 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 17 April 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

I've seen him a few times. 

Seems like a fairly good player to me. 

I'm not saying that he isn't. I am just trying to bring the point home that the only thing he posted about was complaining that people were yelling at him at high tiers. Well the standard logic dictates that they actually had reasons for yelling at him, especially if they do it a lot and a lot at higher tiers. But he didn't post saying, "Did I do something wrong here?". No instead he just denigrated "arrogant" (his words) players who yell at him. Well it is actually pretty arrogant of him to assume that they have no cause or just reason at all to yell at him, especially if it is happening a lot. 

In this post he is the arrogant pot calling the arrogant kettle black. So, I felt like pointing that out. 

ENO75 #10 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

So, I felt like pointing that out. 

And thank god you did since everyone gives a [edited]about what you think. 

taut #11 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View Postissm, on 17 April 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

Bad players trash talk.

I had a guy call me a wallet warrior for playing a Missouri....

After I deleted his Minotaur while he was stopping and smoking broadside to me with radar active...

Do average players trash talk?

I'm average and I talk crap

KalishniKat #12 Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

WHY

REAL

I don't mind constructive criticism, and it's not that people are yelling at poor me, these folks berate everyone  they deem to be unworthy. I mean when you start out the chat saying how great you are and asking why no one else is doing as good as you....thats arrogant dooshiness. Then when I sink a ship, the very thing he was whining about, he proceeds to tell me how wrong I was to sink it. I'm just saying, these type of players seem more common the higher the tier.  I keep my stats hidden just for these reasons. My overall WR is low, but since I've switched to running all BBs it's gotten a lot better, but I don't need stay monkeys pointing out all my flaws, I can see them on my own just fine

Edited by KalishniKat, 17 April 2017 - 05:59 AM.

ckupf #13 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postgiovybez, on 17 April 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

I do it tongue in cheek all the time. If you think I'm being a [edited]lmk. This does not bother me at all. I like to celebrate my accomplishments and those of other players. You can have a little fun without being a [edited]. Trash talk is and ought to be accepted within reason.

_WaveRider_ #14 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Ensign

• Members

Trash talk - seen more on the forum than in game lol. If it is directed straight at you you may have done something wrong (or done something right and are just getting your delivery of salt!)?

On forum if you have been discussing an issue with no prior insults and then the person insults you, then you can pretty much put that down to someone throwing a tantrum lol. I just tend to say we agree to disagree on the subject and move along. You've already won (even if you only saw it as a discussion rather than a debate lol).

In game however, try to reflect whether you may have made a mistake. There is never any need for insults and the individuals hurling them aren't helping themselves anyway, but do try to see if there is something there that you can learn from. If not, ignore them.

@RivertheRoyal, there is nothing wrong with allowing people to know how well you contributed to the team; that's everyone's aim(?) Now if you created an 'I am awesome' song and dance routine, that may be pushing it. :teethhappy::honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_, 17 April 2017 - 06:06 AM.

Anumati #15 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

:read_fish:
I have world records. Ask me about them. Gold League SL winner twice in a row.

Rounne #16 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKalishniKat, on 17 April 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

I don't mind constructive criticism, and it's not that people are yelling at poor me, these folks berate everyone  they deem to be unworthy. I mean when you start out the chat saying how great you are and asking why no one else is doing as good as you....thats arrogant dooshiness. Then when I sink a ship, the very thing he was whining about, he proceeds to tell me how wrong I was to sink it. I'm just saying, these type of players seem more common the higher the tier.  I keep my stats hidden just for these reasons. My overall WR is low, but since I've switched to running all BBs it's gotten a lot better, but I don't need stay monkeys pointing out all my flaws, I can see them on my own just fine

The higher the tier the more pressure there is to preform better. The cost is higher, the rewards less verses the cost, and the grind longer. As well, tier 7 and 9 ships are big road blocks in many lines where a lot of players choose to simply free XP them. People also use flags and permanent camo more at higher tier to make those crap grinds go faster. On weekends casual players buy the weekend pass or a few days of premium time when they might not otherwise. This makes people a lot more upset about their own game performance and the teams performance than at low tier. They have higher expectations of people at higher tier as well, not just of you, but of themselves as well. Many of these players also have clans that they are in and divisions as well and that only adds to the pressure to perform better at higher tier. Add to that the common defense mechanism of berating everyone else for bad play when you feel bad about your own misfortune or bad play. Also, after people die there really isn't anything for them to do except leave the battle and take out their frustrations on others possibly before doing so. It's human nature and common sense that they would be this way the higher the tier.

You are playing a team based game where the monetary costs can be pretty high for a game and the time it takes to move up rather long considering the time. If there is a huge disparity between your own desire to perform better and those around you then perhaps you should stick to lower tiers, join a clan, or try out more competitive modes like ranked and these issues will not bother you so much. As well, the better a player that you become the more mistakes or bad plays you see from everyone else including yourself. And as we said, people can berate others because of their own bad performance. So, the more they see their own issues the more they tend to yell at others too.

It's the way it is and complaining about it is not much different then them complaining about you.

Edited by Rounne, 17 April 2017 - 06:15 AM.

KalishniKat #17 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

The higher the tier the more pressure there is to preform better. The cost is higher, the rewards less verses the cost, and the grind longer. As well, tier 7 and 9 ships are big road blocks in many lines where a lot of players choose to simply free XP them. People also use flags and permanent camo more at higher tier to make those crap grinds go faster. On weekends casual players buy the weekend pass or a few days of premium time when they might not otherwise. This makes people a lot more upset about their own game performance and the teams performance than at low tier. They have higher expectations of people at higher tier as well, not just of you, but of themselves as well. Many of these players also have clans that they are in and divisions as well and that only adds to the pressure to perform better at higher tier. Add to that the common defense mechanism of berating everyone else for bad play when you feel bad about your own misfortune or bad play. Also, after people die there really isn't anything for them to do except leave the battle and take out their frustrations on others possibly before doing so. It's human nature and common sense that they would be this way the higher the tier.

You are playing a team based game where the monetary costs can be pretty high for a game and the time it takes to move up rather long considering the time. If there is a huge disparity between your own desire to perform better and those around you then perhaps you should stick to lower tiers, join a clan, or try out more competitive modes like ranked and these issues will not bother you so much. As well, the better a player that you become the more mistakes or bad plays you see from everyone else including yourself. And as we said, people can berate others because of their own bad performance. So, the more they see their own issues the more they tend to yell at others too.

It's the way it is and complaining about it is not much different then them complaining about you.

If you approach a game with that much pressure and seriousness maybe that person should find a new hobby. I've ground it out from the start, no premium ships, tried a month of premium, bought a few signals, but it's a game, meant for fun. If you put so much money and pressure into it that you can't just play without berating people maybe it's time to move on. I just felt like pointing out something I've observed from some players in high tiers. 

Edited by KalishniKat, 17 April 2017 - 06:25 AM.

WanderingGhost #18 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

WHY

REAL

Who cares what his stats are.

Who cares how many ships he sank?

Who cares where he scored on the team?

The point is simple, even if, and I use if lightly, he was trying to be helpful, he's got the wrong tone in his wording. There's also the point this is a GAME, people want to win, obviously, but unless he is doing something absolutely incredibly dumb, like oh, shooting at teammates, being completely out of the battle, etc. But unless you are in the same room as him and/or somehow inside his mind, you have no idea what he see's or is thinking. So really, in most cases, while yes, people have bad days and are eventually triggered, and say things likely shouldn't in ways they shouldn't, no one should be berating or belittling anyone in the game, plain and simple.

And I too have seen that there is a trend in higher tiers and their gameplay especially, of players becoming agitated and hostile because you don't play or do what they would do, even if your doing better than they are, even if it's your first real battle in a ship, etc. Many have a condescending elitist attitude that is ill suited for anything and rubs people the wrong way, especially anti-authority people like me because at that point, I'm just going to do it to spite you. And for those familiar with "Cinemasins' on youtube (watchable for a good laugh at movies and all), seeing as I can't use the word I want to here, lets just say I imagine they are eating apples. I'm not saying all high tier players are that way, but more often than not, those types are in higher tier ships or, at least claim to have, higher tier boats they do oh so well in.

Case in point, I was in one of my cruisers or BB's, forget which, ended up a bit too far forward, ended up apparently hitting a DD on our team, and ended up sunk, and was getting crap from the DD player that I wasn't letting him do his job etc and the other team because the one guy I took a shot at was further away then several of his teammates. That DD I hit, well, the enemy was to starboard and trying to dodge gunfire and torp's I turned to port - and I hit him because despite having a 10 knot or higher top speed and acceleration, he was behind me in all senses of the word and was in a blind spot, especially considering I'm focused on trying to dodge fire from half their team because this IJN destroyer doesn't understand he could be 3 km off my starboard side and still not be seen by anyone. And the guy on the enemy team, at the time I took the shot, 3 ships were visible on my screen - one had been behind an island that I couldn't hit, the other, who I had previously been shooting at, had moved to behind an island my shells couldn't arc over, so the only thing I could hit - was him despite apparently 4 closer targets than him. They don't see what I see and all, so what right do they have to give me lip for it.

Unfortunately just have to kinda get used to these self important jerks who think they are the greatest gift to the uni/multiverse and that their word should be law as they are the best at everything and we are all but peons they must tolerate. You have a shot at the enemy CV and can ether wreck it or have no other good targets to shoot at/hit/damage, good on you because as badly nerfed as they are, one gets some RNG luck to not lose 50% or more planes attacking lone targets, they can devastate a team still. Doesn't matter what ship class you are. No rounds are a waste as long as they do damage, end of story.

But no one should be yelling at, belittling, or threatening other players over any of this stuff. It's just a game and just in general it's poor form (yes, I really just said that). Sure, sometimes there's a better target, sure, sometimes people make choices we can not, from our point of view, make sense of. But we are all individuals, with our own thoughts and perceptions and as such are entitled to them, even as others think they are right, wrong, or are indifferent to them. And no one should try to control how anyone else plays the game. Offer advice, in a reasonable or dare I say friendly tone to try and help a player improve, yes, but not "You have a 30 second reload and sank a CV? What an idiot".

TL;DR version: All tiers have jerks, a lot more seem to populate higher tiers where it gets way too competitive - play how you wanna play and stop trying to control other players or berate them because you don't under the circumstances that lead to the decision they make - granted most that need to see that advice likely aren't on the forums.

Rounne #19 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKalishniKat, on 17 April 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

If you approach a game with that much pressure and seriousness maybe that person should find a new hobby. I've ground it out from the start, no premium ships, tried a month of premium, bought a few signals, but it's a game, meant for fun. If you put so much money and pressure into it that you can't just play without berating people maybe it's time to move on. I just felt like pointing out something I've observed from some players in high tiers. 

Every online game is going to have a group of players that want to do well. Getting into a top clan with requirements requires this. For a player who stated that he hid his own stats to then disregard them as not important and doing well in the game to be not important only speaks of complete hypocrisy. For if as you say doing well is not important than you would not feel the need to hide how well you do then would you? Just because you chose to have a certain attitude about the game and your own levels of play does not mean that it is wrong for other people to have different desires in their play or purpose or goals from the game than you do. Your entire I'm right and they are wrong attitude is the exact same attitude that you are arguing against. 

KalishniKat #20 Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

• Members

View PostRounne, on 17 April 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

Every online game is going to have a group of players that want to do well. Getting into a top clan with requirements requires this. For a player who stated that he hid his own stats to then disregard them as not important and doing well in the game to be not important only speaks of complete hypocrisy. For if as you say doing well is not important than you would not feel the need to hide how well you do then would you? Just because you chose to have a certain attitude about the game and your own levels of play does not mean that it is wrong for other people to have different desires in their play or purpose or goals from the game than you do. Your entire I'm right and they are wrong attitude is the exact same attitude that you are arguing against. 

The difference being I posted here pointing out an issue as I see it. I did not name and shame, berate the player personally, directly call him out etc . There are attitudes that suck. In this day and age when we're not supposed to judge, I still reserve the right to call an a##hat an a##hat. And I personally don't give a crap if he paid too much for his premium ship and now feels all stressed and pressured to win a GAME. He should try real life, but the poor snowflake would probably have a meltdown.

Edited by KalishniKat, 17 April 2017 - 06:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users