Curency used in the game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DavidHoagland #1 Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Why can one currency be used in the game?  You have play money, Dabloons, Silver & Gold Star as currency.   At least make the currency you offer interchangeable with each other.   Why can't play money be transferred into Gold & Silver star currency.  I am positive the reason it is that way is to make money for WOW.

Macabe #2 Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

It's a free to play game. They have to make money somehow.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

Lert #3 Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostDavidHoagland, on 15 April 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

I am positive the reason it is that way is to make money for WOW.

Bingo. WG is a for-profit company.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

ObsidianShadow #4 Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

because if you can exchange silver to EXP

>farm T3 to get missouri 

>buy missouri

>use crazy credit gain to farm silver to exchange for exp

>get all tier X

"Have no fear! These are the flames of my Vengeance!!"

i say this as my Battleship burns with a quad fire stack

Rusty_S85 #5 Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The game I used to play STO, which is free to play as well, you can exchange Dilithium which is in game currency for purchased currency through a in game trade system.  Some people would buy in game currency known as credits and sell it for in game currency dilithium so they could craft.  Like wise others would sell dilithium for credits so they could buy ships in game.

Now with that said dilithium is a controlled in game currency where you can only refine 8,000 dilithium per day to provide a choke point to prevent excessive farming in a given 24 hr period.

In WoWs, what needs to be done is set up where you can use silver to convert XP on premium ships to free XP.  I have so much XP on my premium ships that I will never convert them because it would cost me a min of $200 to convert it and that in my book is total [edited].  I already purchased these premium ships so why should I have to spend even more of my real money to convert the XP they earned to free XP.  The least they could do is make it convertible by silver, I got close to 1 million silver and I don't even use it really.

Another thing is they could do like STO, and use a stop gap but allow in game currency (XP or Silver) to be traded for Gold.  I mean we already have a means to convert Gold into silver.  Why not allow us to convert silver back to gold.  Doesn't have to be the same rate if you are afraid of farming.  Could be pricy but at least give us reasons to spend silver as I'm sure theres a lot of us out there that don't even spend much silver.

CLUCH_CARGO #6 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I have earned 100 million credits and 1.5 mil exp on a  premium Ship. I can't do anything with these unless I pay real cash ( fair to me WG needs to pay its bills ) What you propose is bypassing the system. One question... Would you let a homeless person to drink your beer and sleep with your family? I assume not. You provide for you and yours as does WG. 

Posted Image

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO, 20 April 2017 - 04:56 AM.

Drill_U #7 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCLUCH_CARGO, on 19 April 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

One question... Would you let a homeless person to drink your beer and sleep with your family? I assume not. You provide for you and yours  

aaahhhh

Umikami #8 Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostRusty_S85, on 15 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

I have so much XP on my premium ships that I will never convert them because it would cost me a min of $200 to convert it and that in my book is total [edited].

many players have over 10 MILLION credits waiting for funds to be transfered into free XP

I'm not a Unicum; I only have about 8 mill or so

we're not talking a few hundred dollars here, but thousands, to convert it all

and if I ever had that kind of money, I could hand out Missouri's at will.

everyone suffers through the same issue; credits piling up that cannot be used

many, many ideas have been put forward as to what WoW should/could allow captains to do with these credits

nothing has really been put into action yet, and most likely won't

but if you really need something, and you have the coin to convert the credits, it can be very convenient

(you see, it's not pay to win, but pay to continue to be competitive in every match)

Edited by Umikami, 20 April 2017 - 02:14 PM.

CLUCH_CARGO #9 Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 20 April 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

many players have over 10 MILLION credits waiting for funds to be transfered into free XP

many, many ideas have been put forward as to what WoW should/could allow captains to do with these credits

but if you really need something, and you have the coin to convert the credits, it can be very convenient

(you see, it's not pay to win, but pay to continue to be competitive in every match)

View PostUmikami, on 20 April 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

As Much as umikami and I don't agree on things I will point out when right is right

Posted Image

Datrandomg #10 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am a free to play player and I only have ten slots to hold ships in wows and I don't want to have to pay money for doubloons and I don't want to sell any of my ships. It is a very problematic position for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users