German or US BB?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

ANDROMADA #61 Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 09 May 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

When I see you, I'll hold fire, and then get-around so that I can shoot your side, when I'm bow-on and have the advantage. You see me, and you begin turning. I will slow to 3/4 or 1/2 speed, and shell you in the superstructure. Once you compensate with your aim, I'll slow to 1/4th speed, or even stop and reverse. However, once your secondaries start opening-up, I'll go full-speed. I'll still shoot you, because my goal here is to deal as much damage to you before I go down. With a not-insignificant amount of luck, I'll even ram you.

Of course, this is assuming a 1v1. Once destroyers and cruisers are in-play, things get a lot more complicated.

You are assuming he plays like an idiot. I don't know where you fathom your chance to win an engagement with a Großer Kurfürst in an Alabama.

Carrier_Lexington #62 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostANDROMADA, on 09 May 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

You are assuming he plays like an idiot. I don't know where you fathom your chance to win an engagement with a Großer Kurfürst in an Alabama.

Didn't say I'd win. I was just saying how I could conceivably deal 40k damage to him. That's what the bet was.

"Heresy!"

retic1959 #63 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

Seaman

• Members

I'm gonna start this off by saying I'm below avg to avg player , but It's never gone well in a knife fight for an American BB against me in any of my German BB's . Right now I kinda cringe when I see too many American BB's on my team because I've been hung out to dry by them in a push a few too many times . Now I'm gonna say that lowering the citadel on tier 8-10 American BB's can't happen soon enough for me . Yes , it'll make them tougher opponents but more importantly it'll make them tougher team mates . I'm not good enough to carry a match yet so and I play solo so having allies to push with is important to me . No ship stands up for long when it's focused on , not even the GK .

Carrier_Lexington #64 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postretic1959, on 10 May 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

I'm gonna start this off by saying I'm below avg to avg player , but It's never gone well in a knife fight for an American BB against me in any of my German BB's .

While it's not recommended, you can deal a lot of damage in an NC or Alabama by knife-fighting Germans. People don't expect it, and they don't expect the 16-inch pain on their superstructure hits.

I've knife-fought Bismarks and Tirptitz-es and won, even though I was outnumbered, because the enemy team wasn't playing smart.

"Heresy!"

ANDROMADA #65 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 09 May 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Didn't say I'd win. I was just saying how I could conceivably deal 40k damage to him. That's what the bet was.

I could do you one better then. Ram him, you've just done 60+k.

retic1959 #66 Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 10 May 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

While it's not recommended, you can deal a lot of damage in an NC or Alabama by knife-fighting Germans. People don't expect it, and they don't expect the 16-inch pain on their superstructure hits.

I've knife-fought Bismarks and Tirptitz-es and won, even though I was outnumbered, because the enemy team wasn't playing smart.

Where were you when I needed ya ? :) I got creamed a coupla nights ago in my GK on twin brothers . I had two Iowas's and a CL with me on the east flank and I'm thinking , good no lemming train , I got support . Wrong answer , both Iowa's hit the brakes leaving me and the CL over exposed and facing a swarm of Red's . I couldn't disengage so I went bow on and did as much damage as I could before being sent to Valhalla . Both Iowa's camped behind an island and peeking out now and then , they weren't angled and got eliminated quickly . I've one shotted Iowa's , Missouri's , and NC's so I know they need to be angled properly or pay big consequences so I kinda understand the reluctance to push .. Guess I need to learn to carry better . And watch my team mates more closely . 

Wowzery #67 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostShadeylark, on 08 May 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

you see me, you shoot first.  im bow on, so the issues already discussed regarding hit chance and potential damage apply.  if you're bow on to me, then i can close the gap because you can't reverse faster than i can go forward.  if you're broadside on to me, well, you know what happens to bb's caught broadside.  if you're hugging a rock, you can't turn in that direction, leaving you the option to sit still (i can close the gap if you do this), to move forward towards me (doubling my closing speed), or you can turn broadside.

You're assuming a lot of things.  I've taken on many German BBs and won.  One things you assume right away is that you're going to be bow on in the beginning of our fight.  That's a rare thing from what I've seen.  Everything you've said is situational which is the best case for you.  Anything other than that, you'll lose your health quickly.

You might win, but you will not get out of the battle with little health loss.  The problem is you've never faced someone who has figured out the armor of the German BBs. Once you do, its easy damage to farm.  Sorry, but that's the truth.  The problem is most people do not know how to battle the German BBs.  Its gotten to where I actually target them first because I know how easy it is to farm damage off them.

Carrier_Lexington #68 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostANDROMADA, on 10 May 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I could do you one better then. Ram him, you've just done 60+k.

Been there, done that.

T10 BBs I've ram-killed in Alabama/NC:

• Yamato
  • G. Kurfurst

The only one left right now is Montana!

Edited by Carrier_Lexington, 16 May 2017 - 11:33 AM.

"Heresy!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users