What do you think about this change to Match Making?

Skills MatchMaking

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: CHANGE MATCHMAKING (76 members have cast votes)

Would you be ok with WG using your stats as well as the tier of your ship for matchmaking in order to even out the teams better.

1. yes (29 votes [38.16%])

Percentage of vote: 38.16%

2. no (47 votes [61.84%])

Percentage of vote: 61.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Squib_Surefire #41 Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

At the very minimum, then give us the option to check a box that says, let me wait for a game that I am NOT up or down 2 tiers (1 tier is fine and understandable), even if that is going to take 10 minutes.  At least then you have a **CHOICE** if I want to play a game with ships that are outclassed one way or the other.

If I am in the middle, there is 1 up and 1 down but that is not fair for the 1 down guy as he as a 2 up also to contend with.  Make the games have a max of 2 tiers rather than the current 3 then. 

Edited by Squib_Surefire, 04 May 2017 - 09:05 AM.

Bigsandwich #42 Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

4 km corps are useless and bumps up your ship. so just go aground.

Stalker_JS #43 Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I certainly don't claim to have the answer but MM has been terrible lately. I have never paid to much attention to stats and play all levels and types of ships. Overall my stats are average or above, except for wins. I usually find myself on teams that just get blown off the map by the other team.  I absolutely agree with the comment about not facing ships 2 tiers up from mine, that is always a mismatch.

Talk about increasing the population of the game, I can tell you that having them lose 8 out of ten matches with crushing defeats does nothing toward keeping players around long term.

dionkraft #44 Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Ensign

• Members

Matchmaking should only be allowed to construct a team on either side with random players of ALL the same tier.  There will be times that one team may have a inferior number of players which collectively have worse stats than the team they battle.  What would be interesting is that at the END of the game the STATs of all the players could be revealed to show what everyone was up against.  Don't want to show the stats BEFORE as some whiners will just cave and say WE LOSE before the game even started.  What would be the point of that for some eh?   

Also tagged with Skills, MatchMaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users