Jump to content


Can we PLEASE do something about AFKs?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

Gene_Inari #1 Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 191
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

 

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.



SireneRacker #2 Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,588
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015
Being AFK already has a punishment that is worse than the one for teamkilling, what else do you want?

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

 

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.


Chobittsu #3 Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:06 AM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,235
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
You think you have it bad?
Try being me, I've had to restart the game just to get into a battle before. Your game was ruined? You lost? Too ****ing bad. I lose tons of credits if I can't move my Yamato off the start line, I'm lucky to break even on a win sometimes.


CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017


Cruiser_Senjo #4 Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 994
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostChobittsu, on 13 April 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

You think you have it bad?
Try being me, I've had to restart the game just to get into a battle before. Your game was ruined? You lost? Too ****ing bad. I lose tons of credits if I can't move my Yamato off the start line, I'm lucky to break even on a win sometimes.

 

calm down chobitsu-san hes mad cuz his numbers go from purple to red u u 

sometimes it feels like im about to be detonated but then ... i got TK 


Azemboz #5 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers

  • 981
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostGene_Inari, on 13 April 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

 

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

 

People that habitually AFK through matches end up with a permaban, if I'm not mistaken.

Umikami #6 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,580
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostGene_Inari, on 13 April 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

 

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

Oh, Whah! Quit crying and TRY to have some sympathy for others, you self-centered, indolent child.

Most AFK players are AFK because they are having computer issues.

NOT because they are purposely trying to ruin YOUR game.

What I really hear you saying is you LOST a close game where someone on your team was AFK,

and you think you would have won if that person had participated.

Whah! Too damn bad, crap happens!

Having an AFK player is NOT an automatic loss.

TRY to suck it up and be a man, despite your obvious handicap.

 

 

 


 



SocksRevenge #7 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 34
  • Member since:
    10-19-2016

View PostSireneRacker, on 13 April 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

Being AFK already has a punishment that is worse than the one for teamkilling, what else do you want?

 

Just curious - what is the punishment for being AFK?  


Elo_J_Fudpucker #8 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 554
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016
Chill...

​There are thousands of people with hundreds of combo of hardware out there, and well.. we all know how older, well used systems are compromised by their users to be hobbled when pressed to perform well. My clan has several very good players that run on Laptops. There will be AFKs. It is not a personal attack on you or your team. It just happens. It is good or fun? .. no of course not... is there anything *you* can do about it?  Nope... not a thing.. and what do we do with things out of our control? That's right , we let go of them and move on.

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

 


AVR_Project #9 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,759
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015

Emergencies also happen.

Last night, my neighbor threw beer cans on my yard and spray painted he's going to kill me on the side of his house.

And I haven't even seen this guy in several weeks, and I don't know what set him off.

Saw this on my way out the door to work this morning...  didn't have time for it.  Also noted there were a some mis-spellings

....

Well..  actually, he doesn't own the place..  he just visits every now and then when he's out of jail.

My goal is to complete this week without killing this person.

...

And back to your problem...    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...  Suck it up buttercup.


So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5


reefhawg #10 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 83
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Is it a system problem or a people problem.  Everyone has real situations where leaving a game is more important (phone call from someone important etc., baby wakes ups )  I don't think any one player does this on a regular basis.  I get a full AFK teammate once in like every 20 games.  about 1 in 3 games I get late start players.  I don't have the fastest network or computer and I'm lucky to not load in late,.. touch wood.

If it's a system problem with the client that's another story.  Still not players fault necessarily. 



Hiroe #11 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,703
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013
If someone AFKs more than once (or maybe twice) in a twenty four hour period they should be banned for a short amount of time. I think this is reasonable.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe


Admiral_Thrawn_1 #12 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    02-27-2017
Being AFK is not always the player's fault, Wargaming sever has a tendency to randomly log a player out every once in a while resulting in getter no either really delayed start or even missing a battle. I have had the log out thing cause me delays small handful of times and 1 time missed entire battle because of it,

Lonewolfpj #13 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,992
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Yeah you play the game long enough you will be a AFK player. It happens to everyone.

SireneRacker #14 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,588
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015

View PostSocksRevenge, on 13 April 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

Just curious - what is the punishment for being AFK?  

 

You get nothing out of the match and pay the full service fee. Secondary damage or kills or plane kills do not get counted. Compare that to a teamkill, you lose some XP and Credits and have a pink name which is only a cosmetical thing unless you get rammed, but in that case a replay at the Costumer Support will help you.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

 

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.


Admiral_Thrawn_1 #15 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    02-27-2017

View PostUmikami, on 13 April 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Oh, Whah! Quit crying and TRY to have some sympathy for others, you self-centered, indolent child.

Most AFK players are AFK because they are having computer issues.

NOT because they are purposely trying to ruin YOUR game.

What I really hear you saying is you LOST a close game where someone on your team was AFK,

and you think you would have won if that person had participated.

Whah! Too damn bad, crap happens!

Having an AFK player is NOT an automatic loss.

TRY to suck it up and be a man, despite your obvious handicap.

 

 

 


 

 

Depends on which ship is AFK, if it is the CV for example and battle follows normal course of things then yes having the CV AFK will usually cost you the battle since enemy CV gets to rule sky unopposed or if it is one of those matches where 1 tier ship say a BB is only tier 8 in the battle with mostly tier 6 ships and some tier 7s and the 1 tier 8 ship you have is AFK that is really bad too.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #16 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    02-27-2017

View PostSireneRacker, on 13 April 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

 

You get nothing out of the match and pay the full service fee. Secondary damage or kills or plane kills do not get counted. Compare that to a teamkill, you lose some XP and Credits and have a pink name which is only a cosmetical thing unless you get rammed, but in that case a replay at the Costumer Support will help you.

Secondary and AA guns do not even fire if somebody is AFK, I saw a ship barely alive go well within s cindary range if AFK BB before and if AFK ship secondaries were capable of firing we would have won that battle.



SireneRacker #17 Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,588
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 13 April 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Secondary and AA guns do not even fire if somebody is AFK, I saw a ship barely alive go well within s cindary range if AFK BB before and if AFK ship secondaries were capable of firing we would have won that battle.

 

They do, I was in Division with a Bayern a few days ago and her PC crashed, the Secondaries killed a Nürnberg but she ended with 0XP.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

 

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.


SeaborneSumo #18 Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 199
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View PostHiroe, on 13 April 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

If someone AFKs more than once (or maybe twice) in a twenty four hour period they should be banned for a short amount of time. I think this is reasonable.

 

Yes, punish someone who's baby is having issues, or has to answer the door or the NA servers are acting up, or their internet went down or lost power due to a storm.  Yea, thats real smart.   Lots of reasons for an AFK player which are NOT the players fault.  They should not be 'punished' because real life interrupted your game world.

"You guys are worse than a Kamikaze pilot with 10 missions under his belt!!!"

     - Coach Hall - my High School Football Coach


Admiral_Thrawn_1 #19 Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    02-27-2017

View PostSireneRacker, on 13 April 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

They do, I was in Division with a Bayern a few days ago and her PC crashed, the Secondaries killed a Nürnberg but she ended with 0XP.

 

were they AFK the entire match or just partial match because the BB that failed to have secondaries engage the enemy was AFK 100% of the match?

Hiroe #20 Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,703
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostSeaborneSumo, on 13 April 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

Yes, punish someone who's baby is having issues, or has to answer the door or the NA servers are acting up, or their internet went down or lost power due to a storm.  Yea, thats real smart.   Lots of reasons for an AFK player which are NOT the players fault.  They should not be 'punished' because real life interrupted your game world.

 

If they ruin the game for others they shouldn't be allowed to play.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

 

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users