Should Harekaze have an anime tag?

Haifuri Harekaze Kagero Destroyer

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Harekaze have an anime tag like the ARP ships? (34 members have cast votes)

Should Harekaze have an anime tag like ARP ships so people who do not want to see her in game do not have to? She would be listed as Kagero

1. No, she has a different armament than Kagero and possibly different torpedo reload times and stats. It is better to know the difference than see an over performing Kagero. (27 votes [79.41%])

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

2. Yes, she should have an anime tag option so I can turn her off and have her listed as a Kagero. For some reason I can't turn off those darn paper ships!! (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Lord_Magus #21 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View Postpikohan, on 12 April 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 

Seems more likely that Wilhelmina will count as a German captain while the cat and the Harekaze crew count as IJN captains, if "HSF" isn't going to be considered a nation of its own.

aethervox #22 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

I refuse to support any Anime creepiness in WoWS.

The Anime Avatars and the Anime images are already at toxic effluent levels as it is.

NO.

DaryaKonstantin #23 Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Spoiler

We need some way of distinguishing it from regular Kagero's if it pans out like we think it might. The fact it could have USN 5" or the 100mm HA guns significantly affects its gunnery compared to a normal Kagero. I'm not necessarily saying that those who hate anime need to have it forced upon them, but there needs to be some way to know.

Honestly, why can't we take the easy road and keep it named Harekaze so we know what we might be getting into in a fight compared to a Kagero, but have any anime paint jobs be optional content with a port filter? Would that not satisfy the majority?

Battleships: Bismark, TirpitzScharnhorst, Gneisenau, Warspite, Dunkerque, Fuso, New York, Ishizuchi, All ARP Kongo-class

Cruisers: Atago, Belfast, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Schors, Graf Spee, Duca D'Aosta, Leander, Aoba, Omaha, Murmansk, Konigsberg, Duguay-Trouin, Emden, All ARP Myoko-class, Southern Dragon, ARP Takao

Destroyers: Tashkent, Ognevoi, Benson, Lo Yang, Sims, Blyskawica, Ashan,  Fubuki, Kamikaze, Minekaze, T-22

Carriers: Saipan (worst decision ever), Zuiho, Langely

SkyRail #24 Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I guess having the option to hide camo is good enough. 

harekaze is different from kagero...so can't really share the same name.

I am so hyped on this and can't wait to get her. 

I am the source of my shell. steel is my body and HE is my blood.

I have burnt over a thousand ships. Unknown to victory, Nor known to defeat.

Have withstood hit to light up many fires, yet those guns shall never stop firing.

So, as I pray, Unlimited Fire Works!

Azumazi #25 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostMrDeaf, on 12 April 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

My expectations are that a majority of "history buffs" on the NA server cannot differentiate real IJN ship names from fake ones, especially when it comes to DDs and will only find out if they bother looking it up.

Like, here's a quiz for anyone.

Real or Fake ship names during 1900 - 1945?

1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

Without looking them up

1. Real

2. Fake

3. Fake, but there is an actual USS John Smith to be named soon after a current Admiral John Smith

4. Real, but it was HMAS; however, HMS Bathurst was a famous sloop that saw action around the time of the barbary pirates wars and war of 1812 while it explored the areas around Australia hence why HMAS Bathurst was named in it's honor.

5. Real, was a minekaze class or along side Nokazi and Namikaze they took into consideration of reports of the earlier launched vessels and improved the location of the center gun mount aft to give them better access by placing it near mount 4.

Japanese Ship Expert and Ship Design Architect schooled at the US Naval War College.

MrDeaf #26 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

Admiral

• Members

View PostAzumazi, on 24 April 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Without looking them up

1. Real

2. Fake

3. Fake, but there is an actual USS John Smith to be named soon after a current Admiral John Smith

4. Real, but it was HMAS; however, HMS Bathurst was a famous sloop that saw action around the time of the barbary pirates wars and war of 1812 while it explored the areas around Australia hence why HMAS Bathurst was named in it's honor.

5. Real, was a minekaze class or along side Nokazi and Namikaze they took into consideration of reports of the earlier launched vessels and improved the location of the center gun mount aft to give them better access by placing it near mount 4.

you, sir, are clearly a unicum historian and not a potato history buff

Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

Azumazi #27 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostMrDeaf, on 24 April 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

you, sir, are clearly a unicum historian and not a potato history buff

To be honest, the sloop I only knew about while looking up information years ago on Master and Commander. Really hard to forget a name like Bathurst.

Japanese Ship Expert and Ship Design Architect schooled at the US Naval War College.

Stampz #28 Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I don't think it needs one as the camo scheme isn't completely out of place. However, there are players in this game who absolutely hate anything anime related.

crzyhawk #29 Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:14 AM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View PostJakajan, on 12 April 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hm. I understand the points. But I am curious if history buffs are okay with paper ships in the game, but are those same people not okay with anime ships?

I think the biggest complaint is when they don't /look/ like legit warships.  By that I mean the neon tribal ARP ships.  if it looks like a normal ship, why would anyone care?

Destroyer_Radford #30 Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postcrzyhawk, on 06 May 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

I think the biggest complaint is when they don't /look/ like legit warships.  By that I mean the neon tribal ARP ships.  if it looks like a normal ship, why would anyone care?

Because 

View Postaethervox, on 21 April 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

I refuse to support any Anime creepiness in WoWS.

The Anime Avatars and the Anime images are already at toxic effluent levels as it is.

NO.

apparently we're toxic for existing, whereas this kind of behavior isn't,

USS Radford DD-446 "HUK King" | DESRON 21 | 

From Guadalcanal to Luzon, and on to Korea and Vietnam

Spoiler

Azumazi #31 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View Postcrzyhawk, on 05 May 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

I personally see Harekaze(ハレカゼ)as a test bed that needs to happen.

Japan's DD's so far are having issues with their guns and historically Japan had plans to replace the older year 5 guns with more modern sliding breach blocks. So what I really see is a proof of concept for the Japanese ships in the main line to have options of changing out their 12.7cm Type 5's for say Type 98 10cm's, Type 89 12.7cm guns, or Type 1 12.7cm guns. So the Harekaze is a perfect test bed to try out this concept for Japan considering the Type 1 guns are a lot like the US Mk 16 with just a higher muzzle velocity.

Jakajan #32 Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Ensign

• Members

Actually Harekaze does have US Mk 16 guns as a choice. She has post was tech which gives her US guns as a choice..

Oh god, I hope she can get us torpedoes as a choice too! XD

Also tagged with Haifuri, Harekaze, Kagero, Destroyer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users