Jump to content


Should Harekaze have an anime tag?

Haifuri Harekaze Kagero Destroyer

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Harekaze have an anime tag like the ARP ships? (34 members have cast votes)

Should Harekaze have an anime tag like ARP ships so people who do not want to see her in game do not have to? She would be listed as Kagero

  1. No, she has a different armament than Kagero and possibly different torpedo reload times and stats. It is better to know the difference than see an over performing Kagero. (27 votes [79.41%])

    Percentage of vote: 79.41%

  2. Yes, she should have an anime tag option so I can turn her off and have her listed as a Kagero. For some reason I can't turn off those darn paper ships!! (7 votes [20.59%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Jakajan #1 Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 883
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

So with the upcoming blue ray release of Haifuri Wargaming is likely going to unleash a few events on us. In my opinion we'll be able to get Isoroku the cat captain and everyone can do an event to get a Mikasa or something. :P

 

Maybe, just maybe they will let us earn a camo scheme and anime voice for the Graf Spee, but I hope they sell her and the Harekaze so I can just buy them and add them to my port. My next few months are looking busy and I can toss $100 or so around.

 

Anyway it looks like, if rumors are to be believed and her current form is implemented,  though as you all know things change during development... The Harekaze may very well come with all three of her potential gun configurations, of the traditional Kagero gun, a 3x1 US 127mm 54 calibur configuration, or a 2x3 Akizuki style cannon.

 

I saw a screen shot on Reddit with her listed speed of 36.8 knots and Kagero like concealment. Pretty cool stuff, very exciting. The only con that was listed was an 11 second longer reload time on her torpedoes and likely that her engine would go out more often than others if it followed a line stated in the anime, not sure though. Oh, also her AA is short quite a few guns.

 

It looks like their plan is to actually give three different hulls to choose from though, likely with each hull having different AA and gun configurations, perhaps even different concealment, speed etc. Seems complex to balance to be honest but I feel excited about the possible choices.

 

Anyway while all this is wicked cool and I am totally hyped for these ships. I was pondering whether or not it would be good to have the anime filter for the Harekaze. Personally I think it would be a bad choice, or maybe, just maybe make it defaultly off but enable-able for that ship. Mostly because her performance and characteristics are different than the stock Kagero.

 

I mean, there are paper ships in the game right? So if a anime ship has tastefully good camo then there should be little need to filter it right? Or am I missing out on something. Anyway let me know in the comments.

 

Here is a source for the info I'm speaking of. I'm not sure how much you trust Reddit but it is exciting to me.

 

https://www.reddit.c...es_arrangement/

 

Also, it will be interesting to see whether or not the Harekaze will be a IJN captain trainer, which she well could be, or some other thing. I heard that the Isoroku cat captain that came out in asia was an IJN captain and is trainable for any ship. Sorta nifty.

 


Edited by Jakajan, 12 April 2017 - 09:53 AM.


The_Wehraboo #2 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 629
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Since I strongly dislike anime culture, I sure hope there is the option...

Kriegsmarine Collection

Destroyers: T-22, Ernst Gaede, Lebrecht Maass, Z-23, Z-46, Z-52

Cruisers: Hermelin, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg

Battleships: Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst

Premiums: Emden, König Albert, Admiral Graf Spee, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen


Cruiser_Noshiro #3 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

    Commander

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 3,991
  • Member since:
    03-16-2015

View PostThe_Wehraboo, on 12 April 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Since I strongly dislike anime culture, I sure hope there is the option...

 

These ships are probably the least weeb. The thing about Hare is that she's different to current ships. It's not like the ARP stuff where they are 100% Kongos, Myoukous and atagos. So you can't really call her "Kagero"

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro, 12 April 2017 - 10:04 AM.


Pulicat #4 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,646
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

They aren't the same thing, therefore no.

Probably just have option to hide camo.


 


pikohan #5 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 753
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015

Based mainly on the fact that WG seems intent to offer them as "regular" premium ships, I suspect that their general behavior will be more in line with "regular" premiums than ARP ships. My guesses are:

 

  • They will probably have some XP or credit income boost
  • They probably won't be tagged/filtered (or at least not nearly as strongly as the ARP ships are)
  • You can switch captains without penalty, but maybe not necessarily for IJN

 

If they do filter/censor the ships, I'm really curious to see what the Harekaze will pose as. The ARP Kongos were straight up clones, so displaying them as regular Kongos was appropriate for players with the ARP filter off, but the Harekaze with the weird gun turrets doesn't have an in-game (or a real life?) equivalent. It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 



PelicanHazard #6 Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,376
  • Member since:
    07-08-2015

View Postpikohan, on 12 April 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

If they do filter/censor the ships, I'm really curious to see what the Harekaze will pose as. The ARP Kongos were straight up clones, so displaying them as regular Kongos was appropriate for players with the ARP filter off, but the Harekaze with the weird gun turrets doesn't have an in-game (or a real life?) equivalent. It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 

 

It's not exactly the same mountings/guns, but Yukikaze went through similar real-life rearmaments (12.7cm -> 10cm -> US 5") when she was handed over to the Chinese as Tan Yang. If they were to mask Harekaze, maybe she'd appear in the Pan-Asia tree as Tan Yang? Graf Spee in game wasn't too dissimilar from the Haifuri Spee, so I imagine it would just look like KMS Spee.

 

Then again, masking Harekaze as Tan Yang might upset the history buffs who want to see a future Yukikaze premium like that.


Current Grind Progress: Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Myoko, Amagi, Hiryu, Essex, Udaloi, Tashkent, Shchors, Ernst Gaede, Bismarck, Roon, Fiji, Émile Bertin
Tier X: Gearing, Des Moines, Montana
Too many keepers to list

SgtSullyC3 #7 Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 981
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016
I don't think they will be filtered. The camos look realistic enough that it won't ruin immersion (like glowing ARP ships do). I'll buy it if it gets the cat captain, otherwise nope - I don't wanna hear squeaky Japanese in my ear. I'd take the cat just grumbling and meowing the whole time though. 

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

 

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - KMS: T-22, Gneisenau - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Duguay-Trouin, La Galissonnière


MrDeaf #8 Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Admiral

  • Members

  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 12 April 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

I don't think they will be filtered. The camos look realistic enough that it won't ruin immersion (like glowing ARP ships do). I'll buy it if it gets the cat captain, otherwise nope - I don't wanna hear squeaky Japanese in my ear. I'd take the cat just grumbling and meowing the whole time though. 

 

I think you can get the cat captain from playing a Mikasa mission, according to the various previews.

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship


Destroyer_Johnston #9 Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,419
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
There hasn't been a Ship named Harekaze she was made up for the show. That's why she's a little different then your standard kagero so she really isn't a IJN ship.

 "Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes....

We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."

Wherever there is a mess the destroyer runs first She is expendable and dangerous.

KNTAI Recruitment Officer


pyantoryng #10 Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester

  • 1,853
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
It comes with prefix, so I believe that the chance for a filter option is within possibility.

Khafni #11 Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,258
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015
I am hoping for the filter. I realize that this anime isn't so glaringly unreal as the ARP anime but I really only want to see "historically-based" ships in my port. I am not a fan of anime in the game.
 

 


Jakajan #12 Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 883
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015
Hm. I understand the points. But I am curious if history buffs are okay with paper ships in the game, but are those same people not okay with anime ships?

MrDeaf #13 Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

    Admiral

  • Members

  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015

View PostJakajan, on 12 April 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hm. I understand the points. But I am curious if history buffs are okay with paper ships in the game, but are those same people not okay with anime ships?

 

My expectations are that a majority of "history buffs" on the NA server cannot differentiate real IJN ship names from fake ones, especially when it comes to DDs and will only find out if they bother looking it up.

 

 

Like, here's a quiz for anyone.

Real or Fake ship names during 1900 - 1945?

  1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship


TenguBlade #14 Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 9,058
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015

She shouldn't, just to piss off people who complain that anime contributes nothing useful to this game.  I doubt the Haifuri ships will have their own nation if they're going to be premiums, so you could swap captains if you wanted to.  The skippers that come with premium ships only have 1 point to start with anyways, so unless you can earn a better one through a mission, it'll be easy to just not use the non-voiceover captains.

 

Not that an actually-viable Japanese DD contributes much in the eyes of the average stormtrooper-approved idealistic bastard...:hmm:


Edited by TenguBlade, 12 April 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee


Jakajan #15 Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 883
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

View PostMrDeaf, on 12 April 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

 

My expectations are that a majority of "history buffs" on the NA server cannot differentiate real IJN ship names from fake ones, especially when it comes to DDs and will only find out if they bother looking it up.

 

 

Like, here's a quiz for anyone.

Real or Fake ship names during 1900 - 1945?

  1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

 

I like your quiz and I did no research on this, here are my answers. Lets see how terrible I am.

 

1: Sounds fake, not sure why.

2: Yamatsuki = mountain moon. It sounds pretty enough, possible ship, though not concrete. I will say yes she is.

3: Yes, I think I have her in my port but not certain!

4: Sounds legit enough.

5: Numakaze? I have no idea what Numa means in Japanese so I'll call it a false ship.

 

How terrible did I do?

 

So

 

#1 Fake

#2 Real

#3 Real

#4 Real

#5 Fake

 

Regardless of the results ty for the quiz. You entertained me while I drank a rather delicious mocha coffee that had a cute little heart shaped cream on top.... Yes I know I normally drink tea, but coffee once in a while is still good!

 

ehhh, I looked it up and saw where I was right or wrong. was Interesting.


Edited by Jakajan, 12 April 2017 - 08:41 PM.


MrDeaf #16 Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

    Admiral

  • Members

  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015

View PostJakajan, on 12 April 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

I like your quiz and I did no research on this, here are my answers. Lets see how terrible I am.

 

1: Sounds fake, not sure why.

2: Yamatsuki = mountain moon. It sounds pretty enough, possible ship, though not concrete. I will say yes she is.

3: Yes, I think I have her in my port but not certain!

4: Sounds legit enough.

5: Numakaze? I have no idea what Numa means in Japanese so I'll call it a false ship.

 

How terrible did I do?

 

So

 

#1 Fake

#2 Real

#3 Real

#4 Real

#5 Fake

 

Regardless of the results ty for the quiz. You entertained me while I drank a rather delicious mocha coffee that had a cute little heart shaped cream on top.... Yes I know I normally drink tea, but coffee once in a while is still good!

 

ehhh, I looked it up and saw where I was right or wrong. was Interesting.

 

Answers are in the spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by MrDeaf, 12 April 2017 - 08:56 PM.

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship


Taylor3006 #17 Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,126
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016
Personally I don't care for anime ships but am glad that they are in the game to make their fans happy. As long as I have the "turn off" option I don't care. What I would like them to do though is allow the sale of the ships if given as rewards. If you look at the forum posts, many people who are not fans were annoyed that the ARP stuff could not be sold. IMHO it was mistake and only led to people getting angry for no good reason. Since you can sell every other reward ship and in many cases, almost any reward, it is beyond idiotic that you would anger many of your customers by making an exception for anime ships. 

Flashtirade #18 Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 492
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

I'm willing to bet that the way ARP ships can appear as either anime ships and regular ships makes it hard for the devs to make a way to sell them, and the way their captains work is also probably really difficult to untangle. It's like a whole nation of clones that can be toggled on and off.

 

As for Harekaze, I doubt she can "hidden" like ARP content. Maybe any cosmetic effects of the Haifuri crossover could be disabled (making Graf Spee look more or less like what she does now but without premium camo), but this ship and the current Kagerou are very different in terms of armament and should not be labeled as the same ship. It'd be like calling the (in-game) Scharnhorst and Gneisenau the same.



Jakajan #19 Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 883
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

View PostFlashtirade, on 12 April 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

I'm willing to bet that the way ARP ships can appear as either anime ships and regular ships makes it hard for the devs to make a way to sell them, and the way their captains work is also probably really difficult to untangle. It's like a whole nation of clones that can be toggled on and off.

 

As for Harekaze, I doubt she can "hidden" like ARP content. Maybe any cosmetic effects of the Haifuri crossover could be disabled (making Graf Spee look more or less like what she does now but without premium camo), but this ship and the current Kagerou are very different in terms of armament and should not be labeled as the same ship. It'd be like calling the (in-game) Scharnhorst and Gneisenau the same.

 

Yeah I see your point. That is a very good example.

 

On the other counter argument Mogami can have either gun configuration.



gmann14 #20 Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
In case anyone didn't figure it out yet, Instead of Hare, get benson instead





Also tagged with Haifuri, Harekaze, Kagero, Destroyer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users