Destroyer "Themes"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

attackcamel #1 Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I've been thinking a bit, we have had 4 lines of destroyers; The Russian high speed gun fighters, the Japanese torpedo ninjas, the American jack of all trades, and the German master of none (having a tough time with the Germans lately!) Weather we like it or not, new lines will probably have a gimmick. Question is, what do you guys think is comming down the line? We still have at least 3 more major navies left. British brawlers? Great detectibility with short range, fast firing guns, short range hard hitting torps. Don't let them near you, but they are screwed if you catch them out at range. French fast torpers? Basically take the Russians, switch good guns for good torps. Big dumb easy to see ships that are fast as hell but slinging torpedos instead of shells. Italian fire boats? Little baby guns witha solid fire chance. I came up with these basically out of nowhere, and aren't in any based on history! I do know the French had some speedy DDs... what can you guys think up?

CarbonButtprint #2 Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

Seaman

• Members

Wargaming said earlier this year they would implement a "new weapons system". Maybe the next DD line will have mines or something like that. 

Camo68 #3 Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Whatever flavor they implement we know one thing already,  it won't have decent torps!

They have pretty much done nothing but down grade torps since CBT.

My Current Ships

attackcamel #4 Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Yeah, I can't see too many decent torps comming in our future. Even historically the best torps were Japanese, and those are already taken! Jeez, mines... I've been trying to figure out what they meant by "new weapons" and mines make a lot of sense. Cool idea, but I think that the game is static enough in the high tiers! Mines would make that situation a million times worse!

Umikami #5 Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostCarbonButtprint, on 08 April 2017 - 08:42 PM,is going to be on the Russian O said:

Wargaming said earlier this year they would implement a "new weapons system". Maybe the next DD line will have mines or something like that.

The "new weapons system" is going to be on Russian only Destroyer Leaders (the new ones they talked about recently but never released) and it is going to be a radar homing missile system.

Sabot_100 #6 Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 09 April 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

and it is going to be a radar homing missile system.

You mean a missile using radar to hit its target or one that homes in on a radar emitting ship?

Umikami #7 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 10 April 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

one that homes in on a radar emitting ship

this

bacononaboat #8 Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The "new weapons system" is going to be on Russian only Destroyer Leaders (the new ones they talked about recently but never released) and it is going to be a radar homing missile system.

Lol I wouldn't mind this. Radar blows

Sabot_100 #9 Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostCarbonButtprint, on 08 April 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

I was thinking that the AA rockets on the Hood were the new weapons system.

Are you sure about this? Plausible since the Russians get more never-existed and decades-newer ships than anybody else.

SkyRail #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

would be fun to see radar jamming system or somekind of ESM to detect radar ships for the whole team when they are using radar.

I am the source of my shell. steel is my body and HE is my blood.

I have burnt over a thousand ships. Unknown to victory, Nor known to defeat.

Have withstood hit to light up many fires, yet those guns shall never stop firing.

So, as I pray, Unlimited Fire Works!

Umikami #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 10 May 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Are you sure about this? Plausible since the Russians get more never-existed and decades-newer ships than anybody else.

I am not sure about ANYTHING!

(and with the way I've seen this game managed; neither is WoW)

radar is one of the most OP and abused mechanics in the game, and one of the most complained about.

torpedoes got complained about; they got nerfed

invisifire got complained about; it got nerfed

smoke got complained about; we got radar AND hydro to make cruisers and BB's feel safe

radar has got to be next, everyone complains about it

new Russian DD models have the missiles sitting on the decks

if they are not going to be used, why keep them

inquiring minds want to know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users