Jump to content


This game is broken, AP shells from my N.C Don't Do Anything.

A.P shell worthles

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

sartt #41 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

 

You are free to believe whatever you want sweetheart. I'm done trying to persuade stubborn and pretentious students still learning the game mechanics, it taxes my patience. Go scroll the video over and over again and try to find the penetration yourself.

 

K w/e take your elitist b.s and go somewhere. im looking at my video in higher definition that your out of focus screenshot. Im watching the Shell hit the deck. Not the turret, im watching it penetrate the deck.

Lert #42 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Don't take the flash as 'evidence' that it has penetrated what it hit. The bounce half a second earlier also produced a flash.

 

As for the deck, once again, NC cannot penetrate Amagi's deck at that angle at that range.

 

I'm done too. You're free to believe whatever you want.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


Umikami #43 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,582
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

Things I know to be FACTS surrounding this post.

 

1. NOBODY knows EXACTLY what happened in the shot OP is complaining about.

 

and that's it, PERIOD. NOBODY knows EXACTLY what happened.

Could that shell have hit a module and still have done zero damage? (Lert Scenario?) HELL YES IT COULD!!

Could that shell have hit and done NO DAMAGE? (OP Scenario) HELL YES IT COULD!!


 

Are any of you going to figure it out here? NO!!


 

There is an absolute BOATLOAD (actually MANY boatloads) of WoW Player experience in this thread. I think over half the Captains in this post are on RivertheRoyal's now imfamous hit list, so we're talking some damn fine skillsets here. If anyone knows what happened here, in my opinion, it would be them.


 

You can choose to respectfully accept and evaluate that advice, or choose to ignore it in your own way. But what you are getting upset about here is EVERYONE trying to HELP you figure out why your boat went BOOM! Why are you mad about that?!?!


 

What you SHOULD be getting out of this thread is an overwhelming feeling of support on an issue that is obviously important to you. Do you really want friends and associates who only give you good news? accept what the players have to say; they don't have to say it. Accept the spirit in which it is given, they didn't have to offer you squat.


 

But go ahead and be mad if you want, free world after all.



mohawkdriver #44 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,716
  • Member since:
    09-06-2013

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Then can someone tell me where are the shells deflecting too? 

 

It's 'to'...FTFY.

mohawkdriver #45 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,716
  • Member since:
    09-06-2013
The butthurt is strong with this one.

nina_blain_73 #46 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 198
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

HUGS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Now go sink some ships boys!


BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

 

 


SgtSullyC3 #47 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,027
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

 

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

 

All it penned was either a AA mount or a place that was already damage saturated. I've had this happen before. Don't blame the game for you aiming too high.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

 

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière


MaliceA4Thought #48 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester

  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

due to the fact that the display is optimised and desync exists anyway and it's what the "SERVER" sees as the impact point, not what the client paints on the screen, then the replay is irrelevant anyway.. same issue as a replay showing a torpedo strike but the game not actually having one or vice versa.

 

Half the stuff on the screen is a best guess effect not what the server is actually recording and operating by.

 

M


Edited by MaliceA4Thought, 07 April 2017 - 02:03 PM.

  

 

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, whilst defeated warriors go to war and then seek to win
(Sun Tzu)

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "My Country" for an amount of "up to and including my life."


SgtSullyC3 #49 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,027
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

 

K w/e take your elitist b.s and go somewhere. im looking at my video in higher definition that your out of focus screenshot. Im watching the Shell hit the deck. Not the turret, im watching it penetrate the deck.

 

Go whine somewhere else. You really make a whole whine thread because of one 0 damage pen? Really? What are you, ten?

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

 

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière


Captain_Dorja #50 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 5,130
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

 

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

 

Don't ask a question if you fear the answer.
~Shinedown

Seriously, why would you have your problem explained to you and then tell the explainer that they're wrong? If you knew what was going on, you wouldn't have to fvcking ask what is happening here. You would be the one explaining, not the one being explained to. The only poor coding going on is inside the brain of sartt. God's soldering iron must have been wearing out or something.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast


Kombat_W0MBAT #51 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,530
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 07 April 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

 

Don't ask a question if you fear the answer.
~Shinedown

Seriously, why would you have your problem explained to you and then tell the explainer that they're wrong? If you knew what was going on, you wouldn't have to fvcking ask what is happening here. You would be the one explaining, not the one being explained to. The only poor coding going on is inside the brain of sartt. God's soldering iron must have been wearing out or something.

 

His explanation is bad coding. Any explanation other than that will not suffice for him. 

hoom #52 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 2,151
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Block Quote

 And, yes, autobounce is a real thing:

 That video is... wow :amazed:


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.


sartt #53 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 07 April 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

All it penned was either a AA mount or a place that was already damage saturated. I've had this happen before. Don't blame the game for you aiming too high.

 

the game just started. the amagi had full health.there was no A.A mount hit. 

Apaosha #54 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,554
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016
Op do you even know how to aim properly?

Lert #55 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

the game just started. the amagi had full health.there was no A.A mount hit. 

 

This. Saturation was not at play, the Amagi was fresh. Also as sartt says there was no AA mount there to be hit. There was however a turret barbette to be hit. Now OP claims that he saw the shell strike the deck, not the barbette. I'm not claiming he's lying, just that what he saw might not be 100% accurate to what the server saw (because of latency, desync and replay issues) and the server is what returned the result.

 

Now, Umikami has a point in stating that none of us know 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt what happened. But my 8000+ games Alpha, beta, live and supertest experience, make me strongly believe that OP was not the victim of shoddy coding or 'dud shells', but of RNG placing his shell into the barbette serverside, latency caused the client-side animation to hit the deck, the barbette made its saving throw, and the server returned a 0-damage pen. IE, the code did exactly what it's supposed to do. Which is irrelevant to OP accepting that as 'acceptable', or believing it.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


sartt #56 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostLert, on 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

This. Saturation was not at play, the Amagi was fresh. Also as sartt says there was no AA mount there to be hit. There was however a turret barbette to be hit. Now OP claims that he saw the shell strike the deck, not the barbette. I'm not claiming he's lying, just that what he saw might not be 100% accurate to what the server saw (because of latency, desync and replay issues) and the server is what returned the result.

 

Now, Umikami has a point in stating that none of us know 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt what happened. But my 8000+ games Alpha, beta and live and supertest experience, make me strongly believe that OP was not the victim of shoddy coding or 'dud shells', but of RNG placing his shell into the barbette serverside, latency caused the client-side animation to hit the deck, the barbette made its saving throw, and the server returned a 0-damage pen.

 

I  already put in a hi-def screen shot at the top of the threat of the shell 0.2 seconds of shell impact. It hit the deck. i even included a separate screen shot of the impact flash. The shell did not hit the turret. it hit the deck, but i just have to ask. Is R.N.G coded into the game as well, because if it is then its BAD CODING.

sartt #57 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCRAZY8S_, on 07 April 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Op do you even know how to aim properly?

 

nope when i aim i try my best to completely miss the enemy, in fact i try and aim so my shells fly through my teammates!

Lert #58 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I  already put in a hi-def screen shot at the top of the threat of the shell 0.2 seconds of shell impact. It hit the deck. i even included a separate screen shot of the impact flash. The shell did not hit the turret. it hit the deck, but i just have to ask. Is R.N.G coded into the game as well, because if it is then its BAD CODING.

 

*facepalms*

 

You'er just purposely ignoring what several people have explained and holding on to your version of reality are you.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


Sir_Orrin #59 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 469
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

 

I  already put in a hi-def screen shot at the top of the threat of the shell 0.2 seconds of shell impact. It hit the deck. i even included a separate screen shot of the impact flash. The shell did not hit the turret. it hit the deck, but i just have to ask. Is R.N.G coded into the game as well, because if it is then its BAD CODING.

 

We understand the shell visably hit the deck. What we are saying is the server might have registered it hitting the barbette, and due to lag it showed it hitting the deck for you.

 

Spoiler

 


sartt #60 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostLert, on 07 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

*facepalms*

 

You'er just purposely ignoring what several people have explained and holding on to your version of reality are you.

 

no, im not im saying what i said from the beginning, this game has horrid coding, and it obviously has no auto correct feature in it




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users