Jump to content


This game is broken, AP shells from my N.C Don't Do Anything.

A.P shell worthles

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

sartt #21 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

You are asking for opinions, and people are giving them to you, and you rejected all of them. I will give them to you again, and if you reject them still I'll see myself out, no point arguing with someone who don't understand the game mechanics.

RNG didn't place your shell on the belt of the Amagi, therefore the hits scored either auto-bounce off the 32mm+ deck of the Amagi, over penetrate the superstructure or hit and penetrate the main battery turrets, causing damage only to the hidden separate turret health bar.

 

I scored a direct hit that penetrated the Deck.  This is something you seem to continue to ignore.  A penetration can't bounce if it penetrates. .

View PostLert, on 07 April 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

 

The fact that you believe NC can actually penetrate an Amagi's deck at that range and angle tells us enough really. It can't.

 

 

So basically, you are now saying that 32 M.M of armor can stop a A.P Shell? Because thats how thick the deck Armor of the Amagi is.Now you give me a reason on why it can't. I really want to know, i want you to do the math, and explain to me where you get your opinion from. Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P So Lert, i really have to ask Where are you getting your opinions from? 

sartt #22 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCapnCappy, on 07 April 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm just glad OP proved a video. Usually they just whine and say "I aimed right at the waterline at 4km and only did 1k damage!"

 

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that. 

Lert #23 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostLert, on 07 April 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

The fact that you believe NC can actually penetrate an Amagi's deck at that range and angle tells us enough really. It can't.

 

(Actually, let me go doublecheck that there doesn't just happen to be a thinner section of deck plating there on Amagi ... )

 

I was right. That section of deck is 32mm, which NC does not overmatch and under that angle does not penetrate.

 

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

So basically, you are now saying that 32 M.M of armor can stop a A.P Shell? Because thats how thick the deck Armor of the Amagi is.Now you give me a reason on why it can't. I really want to know, i want you to do the math, and explain to me where you get your opinion from. Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P So Lert, i really have to ask Where are you getting your opinions from? 

 

Autobounce rules and overmatch rules. At angles greater than 45 degrees your shells start to get a chance to autobounce, unless they overmatch. Overmatch happens when a shell's caliber is 14.3 times the size of the armor plate it hits. This is not opinion, this is fact.

 

 

 

And, yes, autobounce is a real thing:

 

 

And I guarantee you, that shell's caliber was more than 14.3 times the thickness of the plate. WoWS overmatch rules are very generous towards the shooter.

 

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P

 

Yeah and yesterday I saw bigfoot after having a drink with Elvis and playing a game of cards with Mother Theresa. I realize you might believe you got deck pens on an Amagi, but not at that range. Just doesn't happen. Might've looked like it, but wasn't.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


1nc0mp3t3nt_1 #24 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 5,915
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015
It's called modules OP. it's how a CV landed hits on my Shimakaze as I was lining up torps, did no HP damage to me, because the 2 in the squad that hit, hit my torpedo tunes. A Shimakaze that has had its torpedo reload reset is a salty Shimakaze 

Cruiser_Noshiro #25 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

    Commander

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 3,999
  • Member since:
    03-16-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

 

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that. 

 

You shouldn't really aim at the waterline of a german battleship, aim just above the hull

Pope_Shizzle #26 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,421
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

I'm really confused as to why the OP should listen to any of you people giving him WRONG information.  The video clearly showed a penetration.  The penetration was to the ship, not a module (unless the replay is lying...which I concede might be the case due to sync issues).  The Amagi he hit was at almost full health.  There is no saturation present at this point.  It doesn't matter that he aimed high because the results showed a penetration.  It doesn't matter that shots from 21km are crapshoots because the results show that he scored a penetrating hit.  It doesn't matter that the OP might have gotten a hit on a thick angled surface because the RESULTS SHOWED HE GOT A PENETRATING HIT.  He should have gotten a 33% damage hit but didn't.  All the OP was asking was if anyone knew why his REGISTERED penetration didn't give him any damage.  The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

 

 



Compassghost #27 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Captain

  • Supertester

  • 5,203
  • Member since:
    04-04-2015

This is the same AP round fired x6, at a BIsmarck at 19km. You win some, you lose some.

 



The_first_harbinger #28 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,268
  • Member since:
    10-28-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

 

I scored a direct hit that penetrated the Deck.  This is something you seem to continue to ignore.  A penetration can't bounce if it penetrates. .

 

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.


"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

 


MrDeaf #29 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Admiral

  • Members

  • 10,962
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015

14.3x armor over-match ratio

 

32mm x 14.3 = 457.6mm

457.6mm > 406mm + <30d impact angle = bounce

 

NC shells will need around 30km to get >30d deck impact angles.


Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship


MrDeaf #30 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Admiral

  • Members

  • 10,962
  • Member since:
    07-16-2015

View PostPope_Shizzle, on 07 April 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm really confused as to why the OP should listen to any of you people giving him WRONG information.  The video clearly showed a penetration.  The penetration was to the ship, not a module (unless the replay is lying...which I concede might be the case due to sync issues).  The Amagi he hit was at almost full health.  There is no saturation present at this point.  It doesn't matter that he aimed high because the results showed a penetration.  It doesn't matter that shots from 21km are crapshoots because the results show that he scored a penetrating hit.  It doesn't matter that the OP might have gotten a hit on a thick angled surface because the RESULTS SHOWED HE GOT A PENETRATING HIT.  He should have gotten a 33% damage hit but didn't.  All the OP was asking was if anyone knew why his REGISTERED penetration didn't give him any damage.  The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

 

 

 

it's also possible to hit the torpedo bulge, penetrate it, but not the armor behind it, and this will result in a no-damage penetration hit.

Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship


Sir_Orrin #31 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 469
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.

 

Zoom and enhance! :red_button:

 

Spoiler

 


CapnCappy #32 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,043
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

View PostCruiser_Noshiro, on 07 April 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

 

You shouldn't really aim at the waterline of a german battleship, aim just above the hull

 

Actually I find myself aiming at their mid-belt more and more often unless I'm "torpedo range" close.


 

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

 

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that.

 

Bruh. You aren't a bad BB player but you ain't listening.


 

At that range, you're better off firing HE -or- targeting one of those cruisers. I ignore BBs at the beginning, even broadside because I know hitting  a cruiser will bring me the lovely citadels.



Lert #33 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostPope_Shizzle, on 07 April 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

 

Modules get a saving throw against damage. Meaning that if you hit a module hard enough to pen it, it can still make a saving throw and avoid getting damaged.

 

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.

 

Turret barbettes count as such.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


sartt #34 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCapnCappy, on 07 April 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

Actually I find myself aiming at their mid-belt more and more often unless I'm "torpedo range" close.


 

 

Bruh. You aren't a bad BB player but you ain't listening.


 

At that range, you're better off firing HE -or- targeting one of those cruisers. I ignore BBs at the beginning, even broadside because I know hitting  a cruiser will bring me the lovely citadels.

 

Yeah like i said, i had A.P loaded, and i fired The game just started.

Lert #35 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Yeah like i said, i had A.P loaded, and i fired The game just started.

 

Nothing wrong with that. Your shells could've just as easily hit a degree or two lower and you could've just as easily gotten some very juicy damage on that Amagi, if RNG had been with you.

 

This time though, it wasn't.


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


sartt #36 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.

 

This shell in this hit the deck not any part of the turret. The shell after it hit the turret, and it did not penetrate, you can even hear the sound of it breaking.

sartt #37 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCompassghost, on 07 April 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

This is the same AP round fired x6, at a BIsmarck at 19km. You win some, you lose some.

 

 

i see smoke :D

Lert #38 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,549
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

This shell in this hit the deck not any part of the turret. The shell after it hit the turret, and it did not penetrate, you can even hear the sound of it breaking.

 

Really? Because it looks bound directly for the #2 Barbette here:

 


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


The_first_harbinger #39 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,268
  • Member since:
    10-28-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

 

This shell in this hit the deck not any part of the turret. The shell after it hit the turret, and it did not penetrate, you can even hear the sound of it breaking.

 

You are free to believe whatever you want sweetheart. I'm done trying to persuade stubborn and pretentious students still learning the game mechanics, it taxes my patience. Go scroll the video over and over again and try to find the penetration yourself.
"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

 


SparvieroVV #40 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,152
  • Member since:
    06-20-2015

View Postnina_blain_73, on 07 April 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

op doesn't want advice he just wants hugs

 

HUGS

 

hugs lead to free candy in a van down by the river. 

My battle chat is disabled. So this is me saying "Hello" if I should happen to see you in battle.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users