Jump to content


This game is broken, AP shells from my N.C Don't Do Anything.

A.P shell worthles

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

sartt #1 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

   My shells do 0 damage even on a penetration. 1 shell hit his turret and breaks others hit the superstructure and bounces off at a downward angle of attack? I really dont care about the deflections but my pen did 0 damage? This is why i hate using the N.C.

 

 


Edited by sartt, 07 April 2017 - 02:20 PM.


Gnarspall #2 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 310
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Aimed a bit too high. The full pen was Probably damage saturation.

Lert #3 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,540
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

A ship has many external modules. Turrets, AA mounts, etc. Hitting those shows up as 'pen' but doesn't do hitpoint damage to the hull.

 

 


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


CapnCappy #4 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,038
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015
Video shows you're doing it wrong. Also 21km shots are a crap shoot.

Edited by CapnCappy, 07 April 2017 - 12:59 PM.


sartt #5 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostLert, on 07 April 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

A ship has many external modules. Turrets, AA mounts, etc. Hitting those shows up as 'pen' but doesn't do hitpoint damage to the hull.

 

 

 

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

Reymu #6 Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,108
  • Member since:
    10-16-2015

You didn't aim for his citadel too well.

 

My NC uses HE beyond 16km anyway. Rather chance the fire RNG.


Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.


sartt #7 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCapnCappy, on 07 April 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Video shows you're doing it wrong. Also 21km shots are a crap shoot.

 

. " also 21km shots are a crap shoot "   Yeah thanks for this useless opinion of yours.

sartt #8 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostReymu, on 07 April 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

You didn't aim for his citadel too well.

 

My NC uses HE beyond 16km anyway. Rather chance the fire RNG.

 

Doesn't matter even if i did the shells would have bounced with this games horrid coding. Besides the game game just started and i saw a broadsided Amagi and fired.

sartt #9 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Then can someone tell me where are the shells deflecting too? 

nina_blain_73 #10 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 197
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

op doesn't want advice he just wants hugs

 

HUGS


BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

 

 


The_first_harbinger #11 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,268
  • Member since:
    10-28-2015

You are asking for opinions, and people are giving them to you, and you rejected all of them. I will give them to you again, and if you reject them still I'll see myself out, no point arguing with someone who don't understand the game mechanics.

RNG didn't place your shell on the belt of the Amagi, therefore the hits scored either auto-bounce off the 32mm+ deck of the Amagi, over penetrate the superstructure or hit and penetrate the main battery turrets, causing damage only to the hidden separate turret health bar.


Edited by The_first_harbinger, 07 April 2017 - 01:08 PM.

"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

 


Sir_Orrin #12 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 469
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

 

. " also 21km shots are a crap shoot "   Yeah thanks for this useless opinion of yours.

 

I don't think your opinion is useless Lert. :honoring:

 

Spoiler

 


Kombat_W0MBAT #13 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,529
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015
OP didn't come here for advice/suggestions, he just came here to rant. 

sartt #14 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 313
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 07 April 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

You are asking for opinions, and people are giving them to you, and you rejected all of them. I will give them to you again, and if you reject them still I'll see myself out, no point arguing with someone who don't understand the game mechanics.

RNG didn't place your shell on the belt of the Amagi, therefore the hits scored either auto-bounce off the 32mm+ deck of the Amagi, over penetrate the superstructure or hit and penetrate the main battery turrets, causing damage only to the hidden separate turret health bar.

 

View PostSir_Orrin, on 07 April 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

I don't think your opinion is useless Lert. :honoring:

 

that isn't lert. 

Lert #15 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 11,540
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

 

The fact that you believe NC can actually penetrate an Amagi's deck at that range and angle tells us enough really. It can't.

 

(Actually, let me go doublecheck that there doesn't just happen to be a thinner section of deck plating there on Amagi ... )

 


(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


CapnCappy #16 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,038
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

View PostSir_Orrin, on 07 April 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

 

I don't think your opinion is useless Lert. :honoring:

 

Thanks.


 

Sincerely, Not-Lert



Sir_Orrin #17 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 469
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Postsartt, on 07 April 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

 

 

that isn't lert. 

 

Well, it still isn't a useless opinion. carry on! :D

 

Spoiler

 


CapnCappy #18 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,038
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

I'm just glad OP proved a video. Usually they just whine and say "I aimed right at the waterline at 4km and only did 1k damage!"



RipNuN2 #19 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,956
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014
:popcorn:

Cobraclutch #20 Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 3,338
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Aim was too high. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users