Why would anyone play destroyers?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

KongoPride #41 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Seaman

• Members

Managed 20 torpedo hits in my Gearing the other day.  Nope...still viable and still effective.

silverdahc #42 Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I do love the Destroyer problem is a lot of the really good destroyer drivers arnt playing them as much or stopped playing  and we have a lot of people that don't know how to drive destroyers playing stupidly

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Wowzery #43 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I see a lot of these threads, yet I'm seeing more games where the DDs on each side are 4+.  Thought no one was playing DDs anymore?

chewonit #44 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostWowzery, on 08 May 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

I see a lot of these threads, yet I'm seeing more games where the DDs on each side are 4+.  Thought no one was playing DDs anymore?

I've been in matches with 2- DD each side a lot.

See. I can have my confirmation bias too. :)

BB's camping is a disease. And Type 93's are the cure.

Pete_Darling #45 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 08 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

I pretty much only play DD's and mostly Yugumo, most of my games are 2 DD's a side with the occasional 1 or 3 and very rarely 4 or more. You will never see me stop playing DD's they are just too much fun.  

silverdahc #46 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

True I'm a Destroyer Main and lately I've seen a lot of games with four five Destroyers and then a lot of fun games but there's times it's just one vs two destroyers I definitely have to say it's not as many as it used to be

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Canadatron #47 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Commander

• Members

The majority of the games I'm in it's 1 or maybe 2 DD per side. Been in a few that are 1 DD games which i found weird to play in.Actually had a laugh when I was the only DD in a 4 CV game later than evening.

People can say it's business as usual for Destroyers but things have certainly changed. I know I'm playing a lot more conservatively with guns, been playing KM, never liked torp/stealth play, not playing anything high tiers USN now (What's the point in Gearing basically) and I'm playing a bit of Tashkent 2.0 to get my double in towards Khab. A lot of my DD play is slightly half hearted now, caring a lot less about my results/team/performance, which is kinda a drag.

A teammate was asking for smoke in his BB and I said "sorry, gotta save it for myself, loving that new meta!"  

Destroyers have gotten tougher (again) but with no increase in rewards. Leave the play hard but cough up the goods for good DD play. Reward all the "intangibles" and maybe we will see more people playing the class.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

centarina #48 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

only DD that I play regularly is udaloi and sims  (sims mostly for captain XP)       I really don't enjoy DDs much anymore with lack or support and just stupidity. 

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

Canadatron #49 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postcentarina, on 11 May 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

only DD that I play regularly is udaloi and sims  (sims mostly for captain XP)       I really don't enjoy DDs much anymore with lack or support and just stupidity. 

I'm playing Clemson because it hasn't changed (yet) with the multitude of nerfs that have seemed to have targeted other DD more specifically and at higher tiers for the most part. As well as a few premiums I have fun in like Gremy just to have killer games then say " Invisifire OP, oh wait they removed it..." but as a whole my time in WOWS is mostly a game here a game there now, my focus just isn't with the (aimless) direction the title seems to be going.

If in the end it's decided DD needs a "rework" or wholesale changes you need look no further than CV to see how well WG handles floundering classes and their changes. It'll be awhile, if ever.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

Panzerkampfschreck #50 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCanadatron, on 11 May 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

I'm playing Clemson because it hasn't changed (yet) with the multitude of nerfs that have seemed to have targeted other DD more specifically and at higher tiers for the most part. As well as a few premiums I have fun in like Gremy just to have killer games then say " Invisifire OP, oh wait they removed it..." but as a whole my time in WOWS is mostly a game here a game there now, my focus just isn't with the (aimless) direction the title seems to be going.

If in the end it's decided DD needs a "rework" or wholesale changes you need look no further than CV to see how well WG handles floundering classes and their changes. It'll be awhile, if ever.

Stay away from Shiratsuyu, torp'd a Farragut today and 17k max damage torpedos only did 5k per hit. Me and the Farragut were both in shock and how he can survive 2 hits and still have decent amount of HP left.

My Kagero has 20k torps and even against BBs who have torpedo damage reduction it's 10 to 12k per torpedo hit, but against a Farragut my 17k Shiratsuyu torpedo becomes 5k.

Edited by Panzerkampfschreck, 12 May 2017 - 03:05 AM.

MrDeaf #51 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Admiral

• Members

View PostPanzerkampfschreck, on 11 May 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Stay away from Shiratsuyu, torp'd a Farragut today and 17k max damage torpedos only did 5k per hit. Me and the Farragut were both in shock and how he can survive 2 hits and still have decent amount of HP left.

My Kagero has 20k torps and even against BBs who have torpedo damage reduction it's 10 to 12k per torpedo hit, but against a Farragut my 17k Shiratsuyu torpedo becomes 5k.

look up "damage saturation"

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users