065 WG ModPack - Updated 05/18/17

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Iron242 #21 Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

What's the point of posting a mod if you can't be bothered to provide details and screenshots.

garfield001 #22 Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostIron242, on 19 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

What's the point of posting a mod if you can't be bothered to provide details and screenshots.

This is a pack of mods with probably 50 different mods in it. Probably why there's not a preview for every single one of them.

View Postbig_cabb, on 19 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

is it safe to assume using anything other than this modpack puts my account at risk of being banned for using illegal mods?

You can also use common sense and realize that if the mod you're using gives you an advantage over someone not using it, it's probably an illegal one. If the mods is a cosmetic one, I'm pretty sure it's a legal one. There are a few packs that have proven to be safe so far. Also, you could miss out on neat mods by only using this pack.

Cabberforth #23 Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

Seaman

• Members

View Postgarfield001, on 20 April 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

This is a pack of mods with probably 50 different mods in it. Probably why there's not a preview for every single one of them.

You can also use common sense and realize that if the mod you're using gives you an advantage over someone not using it, it's probably an illegal one. If the mods is a cosmetic one, I'm pretty sure it's a legal one. There are a few packs that have proven to be safe so far. Also, you could miss out on neat mods by only using this pack.

thank you garfield001, I appreciate your answers. The matter of unfair advantage can be discussed extensively elsewhere and I am open to discussion. This is not my major concern at the moment.

Someone I know got a 7-day ban, he came to me and showed me the mods he installed, including a shell tracer mod from Aslain's modpack and a language mod downloaded from a private forum. He explained to me that he's non-native English speaker and would enjoy the game better with a fully translated interface. He also pointed out that he could use language files from another published WOWS client of another server, it is heavily cencored and contains incorrect ship names and so, therefore he preferred using a third-party language mod.

So despite me gratefulness, I was not expecting a reply from you, garfield001. I expect a WarGaming representative to reply this.

I can also make this easy: I wish to know if my account is at risk of being banned for using illegal mods, should I present interest in installing a mod of unknown origin I come across.

Just give us a tool.

Edited by big_cabb, 20 April 2017 - 01:23 AM.

Civility, Subtlety, Neutrality

North Atlantic Detonation Organization  

[NADO]  [NAD0]  [N4DO]  Public Discord server: https://discord.gg/u43k9Ez 

warship.today panel of big_cabb

Herr_Reitz #24 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 01 April 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Get it while it's hot Captains!

http://dl-wows-gc.wa...eta_0.6.3.1.exe

May I suggest when a new patch comes out that you guys kill or redirect the mod link? Don't believe I can use the 6.3.1 on the current release, right? 

How long before the mod pack is updated? Any idea? My eyes are  in need of the mod pack. 

NikoPower #25 Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Thread updated with the new mod pack. 

http://dl-wows-gc.wa...eta_0.6.4.0.exe

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Herr_Reitz #26 Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Thanks Niko - my eyes especially thank you ;-) 

And a very special thanks for updating us on a Saturday! 

Edited by Herr_Reitz, 23 April 2017 - 12:13 AM.

yamato6945 #27 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Thanks Niko 

TalonV #28 Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

Hey Niko, any chance for a Duke Nukem voice pack? pretty please? otherwise, nice pack.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

SFC_Storm #29 Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Niko could you please add a realistic gun firing/sounds mod?

This pack definitely could use it, some of those Gun mods are simply amazing sounding.

5th SFG Veteran "We do bad things, to bad people"

DJ_PON3_ZaNe #30 Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Says "May Harm Your Computer"

YOLO lol

:red_button:

Ships: Montana, Iowa, Benson, Gneisenau, Fubuki, Bismarck, Myogi, Hosho, Independence, V-170           Premium Ships: Atago, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee, Molotov, Mikasa, Texas, Katori, Prinz Eugen

ARP/Special Ships: Myokou, Ashigara, Kongou, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Haguro, Nachi, Takao, Southern Dragon

Wingslinger #31 Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Niko!  When's the next Corgi Fleet?

o7

Iron242 #32 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Postgarfield001, on 19 April 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

If so, then you folks can take the time to post the relevant details (links, screenshots, etc.) relative to the mods being used when you post your mod. That statement alone ought to be a rule of posing mods and stickied. 

Edited by Iron242, 26 April 2017 - 02:09 PM.

garfield001 #33 Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostIron242, on 26 April 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

If so, then you folks can take the time to post the relevant details (links, screenshots, etc.) relative to the mods being used when you post your mod. That statement alone ought to be a rule of posing mods and stickied. 

I'm not trying to tell you they should not include some sort of previews, but I'm telling you the most reasonable reason why they don't.

If you want mod previews, I'd recommend downloading them from the modders' page directly. Most of them have previews and explain what they do/how they look. Another option would be to get Aslain's or hakabase's (maybe there are others I don't know) modpacks. They have a nice preview implemented before you install anything. They may not have the "official" seal of WG, but they are in my opinion much better packs than this one. They most probably included all of this one's mods, and more!

Should WG's modpack include previews and such? Sure! But I don't see them doing it, considering it takes them more than a week to update it, when other modders have their updates up on patch day.

TalonV #34 Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

Niko, love the WG FM, but can we get some Eurobeats songs? If you need a set here:

https://www.youtube....O4rReFuF6XEUob.

My Eurobeats list.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

Ghost_Raven75 #35 Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

Any word on the update for this pack?

"Вся моя жизнь была ВМФ СССР. Я сделал свой выбор молодым и никогда не сожалел об этом" - Никола́й Гера́симович Кузнецо́в

Suryn #36 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostIron242, on 26 April 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Something else to consider, the person who creates this pack, and several of the mods on it originate on the Russian server. So asking for things to be changed/done to it will not be seen by the person who needs to. Part of the reason why I prefer Aslains and Hakabase, they actually visit this server so if I have questions they can be dealt with (and they both have responded to me when I've found stuff)

DeadMeat_015 #37 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:24 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I like using 3 mods out of this pack, The no fog, the angle indicator and the bigger team menu in game thingy. I like using the WG pack because it is official and the fact that the download services other packs and files use require me to turn off my adblocker or hijack my browser (have to close web browser with task manager) with the "you computer is infected, click here we'll help". I  know there are ways around this, I just don't want to deal with it. WG pack is the easiest/safest to get and use. 

I play a lot, and waiting on this pack to come out is frustrating. My eyes don't work like they use to and I have a hard time seeing ships in the distance with the fog on. This mod, in particular, should be part of the game graphics options and not a mod IMHO.

If anything makes me quit this game (as silly as it sounds), it will be the waiting for this modpack to drop. It is beginning to be that aggravating to me and I can't be alone in this feeling. Please make it part of the update process and release it with the update.  

Ghost_Raven75 #38 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

View PostDeadMeat_015, on 09 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

If anything makes me quit this game (as silly as it sounds), it will be the waiting for this modpack to drop. It is beginning to be that aggravating to me and I can't be alone in this feeling. Please make it part of the update process and release it with the update.  

I couldn't agree more.  I've gotten so accustomed to them that now it's a pain to run without them.  I try my best but it's just not the same.  All the other modders have updates out fairly fast but I haven't had much luck with their stuff.

"Вся моя жизнь была ВМФ СССР. Я сделал свой выбор молодым и никогда не сожалел об этом" - Никола́й Гера́симович Кузнецо́в

SFC_Storm #39 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostGhost_Raven75, on 10 May 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

I couldn't agree more.  I've gotten so accustomed to them that now it's a pain to run without them.  I try my best but it's just not the same.  All the other modders have updates out fairly fast but I haven't had much luck with their stuff.

Aslains pack is like 90% the same as this. In fact this modpack only has 2-5 major mods he doesnt .

Also Hakabase ALWAYS pdates his pack literally minutes after a patch and once more he is 90% the same for most players.

View PostDeadMeat_015, on 09 May 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I like using 3 mods out of this pack, The no fog, the angle indicator and the bigger team menu in game thingy. I like using the WG pack because it is official and the fact that the download services other packs and files use require me to turn off my adblocker or hijack my browser (have to close web browser with task manager) with the "you computer is infected, click here we'll help". I  know there are ways around this, I just don't want to deal with it. WG pack is the easiest/safest to get and use. 

I play a lot, and waiting on this pack to come out is frustrating. My eyes don't work like they use to and I have a hard time seeing ships in the distance with the fog on. This mod, in particular, should be part of the game graphics options and not a mod IMHO.

This is just tinfoil hat TBH. Aslain has been around so long in WOT/WOWS he basically is a "official" pack. As I said most these mods are literally the same as his, he just got them way before they did and updates his pack way faster.

The only thing ever to worry bout with him is if someone stole his modpack and somehow you were to blind to read him saying he was hacked etc. Basically there is as close to zero chance as it gets, receiving malware from aslain if you DL from his site every patch.

Also Aslain literally changed his links just for guys like you who couldnt do adfly or other link sites. He now has direct links, so go check it out.

Edited by SFC_Storm, 11 May 2017 - 08:24 AM.

5th SFG Veteran "We do bad things, to bad people"

Ghost_Raven75 #40 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

View PostSFC_Storm, on 11 May 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

Aslains pack is like 90% the same as this. In fact this modpack only has 2-5 major mods he doesnt .

Also Hakabase ALWAYS pdates his pack literally minutes after a patch and once more he is 90% the same for most players.

This is just tinfoil hat TBH. Aslain has been around so long in WOT/WOWS he basically is a "official" pack. As I said most these mods are literally the same as his, he just got them way before they did and updates his pack way faster.

The only thing ever to worry bout with him is if someone stole his modpack and somehow you were to blind to read him saying he was hacked etc. Basically there is as close to zero chance as it gets, receiving malware from aslain if you DL from his site every patch.

Also Aslain literally changed his links just for guys like you who couldnt do adfly or other link sites. He now has direct links, so go check it out.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent, however, there are way more people who have crashes and freezes using either of those packs but had no issues with the WG pack.  The difference is before WG publishes their pack they test it extensively whereas Aslan and Hakabe don't really test as extensively and rely on the playerbase to report an error.  But like me, many player's can't pinpoint the exact problem they are having with the mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users