Returning player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sgt_Basher #1 Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

As the title clearly states I am a returning player to WoWarships and I am seeking to find some other like minded players to play with. A little backstory.

I was an originally closed beta tester and played through t10 in American cruisers and t7-8 in a couple destroyer lines. I have not played much since. Recently that has changed and I find myself with a lot of time and want to get back into it. That was several days ago and boy.... So don't get me wrong the community and player base is nothing like WoTanks but still too many teams where 50%+ of the team sails out into the middle of the open and just spams fire while they get wrecked by the enemy team. I find myself often one of the last few ships remaining in too many of my games and I'm really just seeking a partner or two to make these games less painful and to obviously(and most importantly) work together to help improve our experience and fun. 

I really would like to have comms so we can communicate and focus fire and etc. I am not opposed to a Clan/Guild/Community just wish for a no drama environment and need comms or people willing to use it. If you are afraid I am some no skill scrub I assure you I am not, but if you need proof I am more then welcome to play a few test games with anyone no comms required. I am not sure if there is a win8 system for this game but I am not interested in my stats from them or having that weigh on me in anyway (wasted too much of my life trying to keep my win8 at 2900 in WoT)  so if you use that method to judge me feel free. Drop a post here, a private message here or even a message in game if you're interested.

Thanks

Edited by Sgt_Basher, 30 March 2017 - 09:31 PM.

STINKWEED_ #2 Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Welcome Sgt!

​I too had enough of the WOT drama so I switched to WOWS when it was open beta. It was a big relief but over time others also came over so you will find yourself with a mix of WOWS players and ex WOT players.
​The same basic tactics mistakes happen with ships as do with tanks. Many players rush and die, others camp in the back. It's very difficult to find a team that works well together but if you are lucky all you need is just 2-3 good players working together instead of trying to earn kills. That's usually all it takes to win a battle.

​I don't use comms. I'd like to tell you that it's because I'm mute but it's for other reasons. I'd be happy to team up for WOT's sake.

Edited by STINKWEED_, 30 March 2017 - 09:49 PM.

You might have me confused with someone who gives a damn

Wowzery #3 Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Seems like a player is one who goes in and gets wrecked, or stays back and snipes.  Either play style is considered bad.

STINKWEED_ #4 Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 30 March 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Seems like a player is one who goes in and gets wrecked, or stays back and snipes.  Either play style is considered bad.

​A really good tactic is splitting the team into three groups (CAs and BBs) and not putting too much space between the groups. This way if one group is overwhelmed, the closest group is close enough to join and help. Unfortunately, you need Clan type cooperation to achieve this.

You might have me confused with someone who gives a damn

Fishrokk #5 Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Any human organization is going to come with both politics and drama.  Thankfully not all organizations have each of them in equal measure to other organizations.

I'm no longer a member, but I found the FOG community had a low degree of both, a lot of more experienced players who were willing to take some time and teach, and a well-populated Teamspeak server with lots of candidates for division mates.

I'm sure Macabe won't mind me pimping promoting his clan.

Well...fairly sure.

“OPEN FIRE WHEN READY. FEAR GOD. DREADNOUGHT.” - R Adm J Edward Snyder, USS New Jersey (BB-62)

I'm trying to expand my mind.  First I gotta do something about all these hobgoblins.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users