Akizuki = USELESS AS TITS ON A BULLFROG!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

mykil #1 Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

Why do they give us something then take it away. DD’s HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO OFFER ANYMORE. You give BB’s Radar so we can’t get close, you have spotting planes so dd’s can’t get close, this is PATHETIC There really is no use going down any DD line, you get [edited] at every turn. PATHETIC! Can anyone explain why dd’s are any good what so ever in this game anymore, we have torp’s OH BOY!

You can't have an adventure without a gun!

Kombat_W0MBAT #2 Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Commander

• Members

DDs will be fine.

As for tits on a bullfrog... I imagine that could be useful in certain scenarios. 

EDIT: ALL CAPS IS A GREAT WAY TO COMMUNICATE YOUR POINT. IN RETROSPECT, I'M CONVINCED.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT, 29 March 2017 - 06:52 PM.

tcbaker777 #3 Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postmykil, on 29 March 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Why do they give us something then take it away. DD’s HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO OFFER ANYMORE. You give BB’s Radar so we can’t get close, you have spotting planes so dd’s can’t get close, this is PATHETIC There really is no use going down any DD line, you get [edited] at every turn. PATHETIC! Can anyone explain why dd’s are any good what so ever in this game anymore, we have torp’s OH BOY!

lets be calm and not explode ok? 

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

MajorRenegade #4 Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Don't give the Mad scientist's some creepy ideas

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

Spyde #5 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Need more Facts OP.

What type of Bullfrog ? American ? African ? Asian ? Australian ?

[-K-] Kraken

T10  Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi  , Z52, Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   T9: Saint-Louis

Kombat_W0MBAT #6 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostSpyde, on 29 March 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Need more Facts OP.

What type of Bullfrog ? American ? African ? Asian ? Australian ?

Excellent point. +1

IKU19 #7 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 29 March 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

DDs will be fine.

As for tits on a bullfrog... I imagine that could be useful in certain scenarios. 

EDIT: ALL CAPS IS A GREAT WAY TO COMMUNICATE YOUR POINT. IN RETROSPECT, I'M CONVINCED.

But let's be real, Akizuki has neither the speed to kite or the maneuverability to contest caps.

Shells at range lose all their power so even with IFHE they'll deal minimal damage, shells at short range deal significantly less damage than 127mm along with the large surface size causing she'll also be spammed with 203mm+ shells from cruisers in caps when she does engage other destroyers.

Akizuki lacks the torps to be effective stealthily, and lacks the shell power to actually be anything other than a red cone on ships with near zero damage output. So then she only sits in smoke, which is countered by having garbage smoke (although not awful German smoke) and radar, which she'll see regularly for the next few months as triple divisions of Black seem to be common now.

IFHE means almost no fires, which means damage saturation

no IFHE means only fires, which gives plenty of time to cruisers which are sometimes faster and always more maneuverable than you, to delete you.

This was my observation before they removed stealth firing.

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

50 DKP MINUS

Kombat_W0MBAT #8 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostIKU19, on 29 March 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

But let's be real, Akizuki has neither the speed to kite or the maneuverability to contest caps.

While I haven't played the Akizuki, WG has said they'll adjust ship stats accordingly if performance suffers greatly. It will just require patience... which we should all be experts at by now considering how long the CV rework is taking. 

IKU19 #9 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 29 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

While I haven't played the Akizuki, WG has said they'll adjust ship stats accordingly if performance suffers greatly. It will just require patience... which we should all be experts at by now considering how long the CV rework is taking. 

You can argue semantics with patience but they won't fix the ship, see how they "fixed" Khabarovsk's over-performance by nerfing her RoF by a fraction, which they restored when they split the line along with giving her a massive buff called repair.

They won't fix Akizuki, they'll give a temporary buff before nerfing her more due to some other unneeded global rework because two ships are messed up. There was no need to delete stealth firing when only two destroyers, both of which premium, and two cruisers benefitted the most from it. For Akizuki it just happened to be the most consistent thing for her because her survivability sucks.

See: Shimakaze and Fubuki, both were performing as well as Soviet destroyers, in comes the IJN DD rework, both are significantly less powerful.

50 DKP MINUS

TTK_Aegis #10 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

So glad I never had a DD captain with enough points to engage in open water stealth fire. This update pretty much changes nothing for me. 

CommodoreLane #11 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Seaman

• Members

Not sure what you are talking about, just played the first match since the latest update in my Kamikazi R and won the match by capturing the base. Sunk an Atlanta and a Omaha to get into the base. Was the last one alive on my team and picked up a nice solo warrior too! You just have to learn to adapt different tactics than what you once did. Yep, not as easy as a year ago to be in a DD, but since 6.0 came out I have picked up 5 Krakens, but one of those was in a Shiny so I guess you cannot county that but the others have been in one of the Kami sisters. 

IKU19 #12 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostCommodoreLane, on 29 March 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Not sure what you are talking about, just played the first match since the latest update in my Kamikazi R and won the match by capturing the base. Sunk an Atlanta and a Omaha to get into the base. Was the last one alive on my team and picked up a nice solo warrior too! You just have to learn to adapt different tactics than what you once did. Yep, not as easy as a year ago to be in a DD, but since 6.0 came out I have picked up 5 Krakens, but one of those was in a Shiny so I guess you cannot county that but the others have been in one of the Kami sisters. 

You're comparing a gunboat which it's Achilles heel is having too small of a caliber to do anything and too big of a hull to outrun cruisers to a high speed torpedo boat which is considered overpowered as evidenced by the fact that WG is refusing to sell her again.

What argument are you exactly spouting? This ship which is OP by definition is unaffected by this change because she never has to fire her guns and as such every DD is fine? Yeah, sure buddy. Great argument. +1

50 DKP MINUS

BrassFire #13 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postmykil, on 29 March 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

"INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER!"

-Random Executioner Class Super Star Destroyer officer from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Warships Today link: https://na.warships.today/player/1022802389/BrassFire

Kombat_W0MBAT #14 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostIKU19, on 29 March 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

You can argue semantics with patience but they won't fix the ship, see how they "fixed" Khabarovsk's over-performance by nerfing her RoF by a fraction, which they restored when they split the line along with giving her a massive buff called repair.

They won't fix Akizuki, they'll give a temporary buff before nerfing her more due to some other unneeded global rework because two ships are messed up. There was no need to delete stealth firing when only two destroyers, both of which premium, and two cruisers benefitted the most from it. For Akizuki it just happened to be the most consistent thing for her because her survivability sucks.

See: Shimakaze and Fubuki, both were performing as well as Soviet destroyers, in comes the IJN DD rework, both are significantly less powerful.

Yeah, I've had to accept a long time ago that anything Russian will overperform (even if it never existed) and ship lines that had true historical significance will be relegated to the "sub-par crowd". That's WG for ya. 

CommodoreLane #15 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostTTK_Aegis, on 29 March 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

So glad I never had a DD captain with enough points to engage in open water stealth fire. This update pretty much changes nothing for me. 

I have a Kamikaze R, Kamikaze and a Fujin, each captain is a 19 pointer. My Leningrad's is a 19 point captain. However, my Gearing, Fletcher and Sims are 17 or 18 pointers, I don't play them as often. 

IKU19 #16 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 29 March 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, I've had to accept a long time ago that anything Russian will overperform (even if it never existed) and ship lines that had true historical significance will be relegated to the "sub-par crowd". That's WG for ya. 

At least Gremy might get sold again because that one did also get nerfed hard.

50 DKP MINUS

Kombat_W0MBAT #17 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostIKU19, on 29 March 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

At least Gremy might get sold again because that one did also get nerfed hard.

Glad I got some hours with the boat before its impending nerf. Honestly, that's the part that makes WG look really bad. 

"Let's make the Gremyashchy available through excessive amounts of money (i.e. gambling Santa Boxes), and then we'll nerf it later so people don't complain about P2W."

Next, we'll see it in the premium shop where WG will benefit from the lingering perception that it's the most brokenly OP ship out there. 

Reminds me of the theme song to Apprentice

Blutbad #18 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Let's put this into perspective here, a 370ft+ boat (2-3000 tons) with 100-350 personnel vs a 35-50000 tons 887ft long, 2-3000 officers and men and the complaint is that it cant sink it without being seen or fire from the shadows, fact is that DDs are and were OP for a long time and its always hard to give something up when you got used to sending wall of torps or set fire repeatedly with impunity on ships that move and maneuver so poorly where you have to be bad to miss. The game has to rebalance or it risks loosing a lot of players.

IKU19 #19 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostBlutbad, on 29 March 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Let's put this into perspective here, a 370ft+ boat (2-3000 tons) with 100-350 personnel vs a 35-50000 tons 887ft long, 2-3000 officers and men and the complaint is that it cant sink it without being seen or fire from the shadows, fact is that DDs are and were OP for a long time and its always hard to give something up when you got used to sending wall of torps or set fire repeatedly with impunity on ships that move and maneuver so poorly where you have to be bad to miss. The game has to rebalance or it risks loosing a lot of players.

It's been a very long time since I've seen a DD delete a battleship, but I've seen a battleship instantly delete a cruiser yesterday.

And I play about 15 to 30 matches a day, over almost 4000 lifetime matches.

50 DKP MINUS

Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi #20 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Shall we tell him Vader?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users