What Tiers do you play(or screw around in)?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: What Tiers do you play(or screw around in)? (128 members have cast votes)

What Tiers Do You Play

1. II (15 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

2. III (31 votes [6.62%])

Percentage of vote: 6.62%

3. IV (48 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. V (59 votes [12.61%])

Percentage of vote: 12.61%

5. VI (78 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. VII (85 votes [18.16%])

Percentage of vote: 18.16%

7. VIII (68 votes [14.53%])

Percentage of vote: 14.53%

8. IX (43 votes [9.19%])

Percentage of vote: 9.19%

9. X (41 votes [8.76%])

Percentage of vote: 8.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SireneRacker #21 Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• Members

Tier 4 and 7 mostly. Tier 4 offers the Ishizuchi which is the doom after 0.6.3, Tier 7 offers the Myoukou clones and other good ships. Though Graf Spee can't be dismissed either...

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Panzer1113 #22 Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Tier 6 to 10.  Grinding Russian tier 8 DDs,Kag (also tier 8), Nagato, and tier 9 Dom, Neptune, Roon.  Enjoy tier 6 and 7, especially premiums like Scharnhorst, Spee, Shino, Bly/Leningrad, Arizona, ,Molt.  Tier 8 spends a lot of time in 9/10 battle, which can get old after awhile.  

Chaos_EN2 #23 Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Currently playing mainly TL5 - Grinding an Emerald it is all the higher I have gotten, but I dip back down to TL1-4 to have fun.

Proud Former USN Sailor - EN2 1978-1986 - USS El Paso LKA-117 - USS Whidbey Island LSD-41 (Plank Owner), Proud Member of Grey Wolf Gamers http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/ Current Ships - Smith, Friant, Okhotnik, Perth, Fiji

Fletcher7_1944 #24 Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Generally tiers 3-7.

I like to play low tier Russian DD's just for the fun and excitement- there's nothing else like em!  Likewise, the Booger and the Black Booger come out of storage occasionally for some pure pewpewpew fun.  Nassau, when I just want to wreck stuff!

Svietlana is my fun boat.  I take it out when grinding or higher tier play gets monotonous or frustrating.   Izzy is my other fun boat.  Yubari, when I'm in the mood for something different!

Tier 5 is mainly grinding my Podvoisky.  Nicholas also sees some play time. Krazny Krym occasionally, as well.   All others are beyond this tier (that I'm playing).

Tier 6.  I recently finished Aoba.  Budyoni,  and Farragut are still grinding.   New Mexico, Mutsu, and Arizona still see a lot of play just for fun.   I have Fuso unlocked, but don't own it.

Tier 7. Grinding: Myoko, Pensacola.   Play a LOT just for fun: Colorado.  Torpenau killed my interest in German BB's, and I've dropped the line there.

tier 8.  I have North Carolina and Admiral Hipper.  Occasionally, Hipper and Eugen get played, and Atago too- although not in a long while.   I dislike North Carolina, and have dropped the US BB line there.   Hipper I like, BUT it does very poorly in the current pve meta... ( BB and murder ball central)  

My eventual intentions are to grind US cruisers, German cruisers, and Russian DD's up to tier 10, but I'm in no hurry.   I'm one of the weirdo's who actually loves playing Pensacola, and am looking forward to New Orleans. (same wonderful guns, but better armor!)   I definitely want Khab, but the jury is still out on the secondary RU DD line, as I have yet to play any.  Zao is also a possibility, but not a priority.  I eventually want to grind US DD's at least to Fletcher, as well.   High tier BB's hold no interest for me at all, so it's back to my first love: Cruisers!  (and my new love: RU DD's)

CV's, RN cruisers, KM DD's,  IJN BB's and DD's see no play at all.  I'm also not particularly excited about the French cruisers or RN BB's.

JackBinary #25 Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I play in tiers 6, 7, & 8

I really hate low teir play, as the feel isn't quite right. (before T5 most ships aren't very unique, there is no such thing as predator and prey, just seal clubbing)

I don't have any ships higher than T8 right now. 

CLUCH_CARGO #26 Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I Play Tier 7 Mostly as of late

Posted Image 

Love My Scharnhorst

Umikami #27 Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostChien_Lu_Anderman, on 28 March 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

I play tiers 1 to 10 . Right now mostly tier 5 (Okhotnik) .

Translation: wherever the seal-clubbing happens to be best at the moment (LOL)

Chien_Lu_Anderman #28 Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostUmikami, on 07 April 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Translation: wherever the seal-clubbing happens to be best at the moment (LOL)

Yada ; yada ; yada  !    :)

CPU   Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz/ 3.84Ghz with turbo      GPU   NVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2G      Ram   12gig and 26.2gig available on a flash drive configured for ready boost    HDD   1Tb 7200rpm    OS   Windows 8.1

Chien_Lu_Anderman #29 Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostCLUCH_CARGO, on 06 April 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

I Play Tier 7 Mostly as of late

Posted Image

Love My Scharnhorst

Wow !  You mean their mouth's really did open ?!   On our TV it just looked like a squirming red blur !     :D  

CPU   Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz/ 3.84Ghz with turbo      GPU   NVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2G      Ram   12gig and 26.2gig available on a flash drive configured for ready boost    HDD   1Tb 7200rpm    OS   Windows 8.1

Umikami #30 Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostChien_Lu_Anderman, on 07 April 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yada ; yada ; yada  !    :)

Love ya, brother!! 07

Gashaus #31 Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

Tier V-X

Kamikaze

Cleveland

New Mexico

Arizona

Benson

Fletcher

Shimakaze

Capt_Q_Sparrow #32 Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

T6  Bayern   makes me $$$$

T9 Fletcher  I can only be uptiered + 1 and that isn't that serious while I can face T 7 ships .  Commander is maxed and I all commander points go to the pool

Gearing is too expensive to run so it sits in Port

HMCS_Devilfish #33 Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Murmansk at V

Belfast at Vll

Kutuzof,Atago at Vlll

ZAO at X

All 19 point Captains except Belfast at15

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish, 09 April 2017 - 06:03 AM.

HayabusaZ #34 Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Seaman

• Members

Mostly Tiers 5, 6, 7, although I keep one from 3 on up...mostly cruisers.  I haven't had much fun in the 4/5 British cruisers, prefer the German lineup to be honest.  I think my highest BB is the Kongo.  As far as DDs go I was enjoying sailing the Gnevny before they uptiered it, now not so much fun anymore.  

Looking forward to the French crusiers an the UK BBs.

CLUCH_CARGO #35 Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostChien_Lu_Anderman, on 07 April 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Wow !  You mean their mouth's really did open ?!   On our TV it just looked like a squirming red blur !     :D  

Posted Image       Posted Image

Yes  they did.

Aorangi #36 Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Seaman

• Members

I play a hodge podge of ships.

Tier 2: Mikasa
Tier 3: Caledon, St. Louis, Katori
Tier 4: Kaiser
Tier 5: New York
Tier 7: Nagato
Tier 8: North Carolina, Hipper.

• Mostly plays battleships, especially medium-tier
  • Deals a below average amount of damage
  • Very often finishes damaged enemies
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Yorck

AdmiralThunder #37 Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 27 March 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Generally speaking 4-7, mostly T6 though.

​Pretty much that is me as well.

I have sold all my T1-T3 ships. I do have the T3 Katori but only because it is a premium and I won it. Don't play it much though and may sell it at some point? 

I have the T4 Wyoming and have kept it and continue to play it because I just enjoy it plus being elite I can convert the XP to Free XP if needed.

For T5's I have the Konigsberg for Cruisers and for BB's the New York and Konig. Sold off all other T5's( kept Omaha for a long time but finally sold it as I needed $$$ to buy new ships and a port slot ). The Konigsberg is just a blast and is one of my favorite ships in the game period. I don't play a lot of Cruisers lately as I am into BB's right now but I will not be selling it and do play it now and then. I actually don't mind the New York even though most hate it. I do okay with it and as it is elite I keep it for Free XP purposes. The Konig is probably my favorite ship in the game to this point period. I LOVE IT! Never going to sell it. Well, hopefully this upcoming nerf doesn't ruin it because if it does I may sell it. Play it a LOT!

At T6 I have the Cleveland and Leander for Cruisers( had, hated, and sold the Aoba - have Nurnberg researched but not purchased ). Love the Leander and the Cleveland is okay. Both are elite and I have the premium camo for them both so they are not going anywhere even though I don't play them often now due to my BB kick. For BB's I have the Fuso, Bayern, and New Mexico. I enjoy playing all 3 and currently play them the most. No plans to sell any of them. Have the premium camo for Fuso and New Mexico and will eventually get it for Bayern too. Of all ships in the game Bayern makes me feel the most comfortable when facing +2 MM. Konig would be tied with it or just below. 

At T7 for Cruisers I have the Fiji( have Pensacola researched but too chicken to buy it and play it because of how fragile it is LOL ). Have had it for quite a while now but haven't played it a whole lot. I was on a mission to grind to the Minotaur and getting to Fiji was kind of the 1st goal along the way. I played so much BRN CL to get there though I got sick of Cruisers in general. That is when I started playing BB's more and got hooked. Haven't really gone back to Cruisers since. Fiji is a great ship but mine is still stock and needs to be upgraded. I don't want to spend the $$$ right now to do so however and as I don't play it much I don't have a lot of XP to use( and I don't want to burn up my Free XP ). When the day comes where I want to CL again I will go back to it.

For BB's at T7 I have the Nagato and Gneisenau( about 8K XP away from Colorado ). I actually like the Nagato a lot but have mixed emotions on Gneiseanu. Gneisenau is one of those ships that when I played against it I was like "I can't wait to get that ship" because it seemed so good. However, it turned out to be a let down when I got it and I don't really like it too much even though I do okay in it. Most likely I will sell it when I reach Bismarck. Nagato however is a lot of fun to play and I love the guns. Typical weak armored IJN BB but fun none the less. I plan to keep it.

EDIT - now have the Colorado. Been playing it a lot as I just got it and want to grind up to the NC at T8.

Mostly I play in the T4-T6 range and for the simple reason that I prefer Co-op to Random and once you hit T7 the ridiculous service fees make not losing money difficult. You absolutely need a premium membership and flags and camo are kind of needed too. Have a poor or mediocre game and you lose money even at T7. I would like to get to the T8 Bismarck and North Carolina at least but I suspect that is where I wills top trying to progress due to the service fee issues. As much as I want a Minotuar I doubt I will ever get there.

Edited by AdmiralThunder, 18 April 2017 - 07:51 PM.

Slightlyaskewed #38 Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I have from 2 to 10. I think my average is in the low 6's currently. Started grinding the Fiji recently. But I kept favorite ships at all tiers so I can enjoy any level of play. Though I do feel a little dirty when the Clemson comes out. The Farragut, Cleveland, Leander are current favorites. tier 6's style of play is good and MM isn't too brutal. I seem to end up in tier 7 matches a lot with those 3 and that's quite fun.  

US: Clemson, Farragut, Cleveland, Independence, Mahan, Colorado, Benson, North Carolina, Lexington, Fletcher, Iowa, Gearing.

IJN: Tachibana, Mikasa, Katori, Kamikaze R, Fuso, Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki  RN: Campbeltown, Danae, Leander, Fiji

KM: Emden, G-101, Graf Spee, Bayern  RU: Budyonny, Minsk, Kiev, Ognevoi  MN: Friant      other: all ARP and a S Dragon

Admiralbone #39 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I like to play Japanese ships mostly, i'm playing Amagi and Mogami. Sometimes do Kagero but the torps just suck. Then i'll just try and level up my other nations tiers 3-5.

ChestNut_steel #40 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

:honoring: 

Soviet Destroyers here sir.

Doing excellent and getting better every time i play, My Tiers are 4-6 Working towards Minsk atm.

I love the Maneuverability and fire power of these ships, pretty easy to draw fire away from my teammates going 47-48 knots when i want to, also 40 knots turning just amazes me but I ain't no hero when it comes to these 4km torpedoes at the moment, cant wait to get 8-10 km torpedoes.

My average spotting DMG is 17k, personal best is 94k trying to crank that up a notch. 

для России

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users