From the ' Tank Destroyers ' to the ' Destroyers? ' ( New player in WoWs )

Destroyer new player help knowledge starter newbie introducion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Gasai__Yuno #41 Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

My thanks.

Community seems to be rather helpful here.

My thanks indeed for the ' skill ' information / suggestions.

With all this and my ability to put this to my play and adjust it.

I think that my learning curve will be small as I wish.

View Postsaru_richard, on 27 March 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Oh you got to be [edited]kidding me....

I am never ' Kidding ' I am always serious with what I do.

Turns out it is not worth of doing otherwise.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno, 27 March 2017 - 10:06 PM.

Sie sind alle falsch.

Gasai__Yuno #42 Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 27 March 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

There are multiple ways on how to improve your ships performance. One are the captain skills, the other one are the ship upgrades (not modules). Seraphil already covered the captain skills so I will do the upgrades.

On the Module screen for your ships you will notice some light gray boxes below the modules of your ship. Depending on your Tier you have one to seven boxes that you can use. 

The box that is available to all ships offers you three different options: Main Battery, Auxillary armament and Magazine. Dependong on what you take the survivability of this module will be increased. For a Destroyer the Main Battery mod is the one you want. It protects your Guns and Torpedo Tubes. If you think that you detonate a lot you could also take the Magazine mod.

The second box that you can see on all T3 ships offers survivability for either the engine, the rudder or the ship in total. All of them are pretty much useless but since you want to play a Destroyer and might not have Last Stand yet you could go for the engine protection. But don't expect too much.

A detailed list of all the upgrades and the ships which can equip them can be found here: http://wiki.wargamin...n/Ship:Upgrades

Some notes at the end:

It could be that you can't use upgrades or a Commander yet since you require a certain account level for that. Upgrades require the level 6. If you haven't reached that level yet you can ignore the recommendations above for now since they serve no purpose for you at the moment. See this page for more info http://wiki.wargamin...p:Account_Level

I mentioned Detonations and would like to clarify them in case you don't know what they are. They are similar, if not identical to an ammo rack in WoT. Every ship except for Aircraft Carriers has a magazine which is in most cases below the main guns. If a shell hits it the server calculates your chance of detonating and if you are unlucky you go boom. Since DDs have no armor you will be detonated more while sailing a Destroyer.

' The boxes ' I already knew as I come from WoT where I am very successful ' user '.

It did not take me long to start running Premium consumables and ' Equipment ' here as well.

It is important to use EVERY tool possible to improve your results.

I am at Level 9 Currently and can Run commander upgrades as well.

My thanks for the ideas.

Sie sind alle falsch.

yoyoya2 #43 Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/25803-gasai-yuno-has-arrived-to-the-wotlabs-highest-performing-e-25-player-and-tank-destroyer-master/

Plz be a little less cancerous in the WOWS forum, got it ? awesome...thx

Anyways I would recommend trying the US DDs as in later tiers the IJN DDs just lack carrying potential. Once you hit tier 6 your effectiveness with torps will trop tremendously and you will notice that the US high tiers have better effective torps (Fast reload and low spotting distance)

Just remember that in high tiers the torp reloads will go around 140s therefore the High spam torps gameplay ends around tier 5 and the more calculated torps start

Edited by yoyoya2, 28 March 2017 - 01:14 AM.

WOTBlitz beta tester WOWP beta tester

Asassian7 #44 Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

ohgod hes here as well

Veteran WoT player, Member of MAHOU - NA server.  

BiggieD61 #45 Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Hey, I just wanted to point out that the use of purple text seems to have some kind of triggering effect on my OCD.  Do you think it might be possible to change to plain old black text?  Also - do you like Anime?

Gasai__Yuno #46 Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postyoyoya2, on 28 March 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/25803-gasai-yuno-has-arrived-to-the-wotlabs-highest-performing-e-25-player-and-tank-destroyer-master/

Anyways I would recommend trying the US DDs as in later tiers the IJN DDs just lack carrying potential. Once you hit tier 6 your effectiveness with torps will trop tremendously and you will notice that the US high tiers have better effective torps (Fast reload and low spotting distance)

Just remember that in high tiers the torp reloads will go around 140s therefore the High spam torps gameplay ends around tier 5 and the more calculated torps start

My thanks  for more thoughts.

I wish that for once I would be able to remain somewhere in peace.

Everything is being taken away from me.

But the ' Community ' here so far seems to be rather helpful ( most of it )

This is nice to see.

' Destroyers ' Seem to be the most difficult class in this ' product '

this naturally means that these are the most rewarding as well.

Torpedo usage is difficult way to rely in,

with your way to do your ' DMG '  as it turns out.

View PostBiggieD61, on 28 March 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

Hey, I just wanted to point out that the use of purple text seems to have some kind of triggering effect on my OCD.  Do you think it might be possible to change to plain old black text?  Also - do you like Anime?

The ' Purple Text ' I have been using for very long already.

The ' Purple ' and its shades are my favourite color

and please my own eyes and senses rather a lot.

I have decorated my apartment accordingly as well.

With this, I bring out my personality and what I am up more.

My apologies if it is bothersome to you some how.

I do not mean harm with it, but I have grown it,

to be my habit and comfort and do it naturally.

( I have roots from other places )

And about the ' Anime ' Yes I do like some ' Anime ' matters quite a bit.

Good Luck to you, my friend.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno, 28 March 2017 - 01:55 AM.

Sie sind alle falsch.

yoyoya2 #47 Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostGasai__Yuno, on 28 March 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

I have decorated my apartment accordingly as well.

With this, I bring out my personality and what I am up more.

My apologies if it is bothersome to you some how.

I do not mean harm with it, but I have grown it,

to be my habit and comfort and do it naturally.

( I have roots from other places )

And about the ' Anime ' Yes I do like some ' Anime ' matters quite a bit.

Ah yes the famous apartment, not enough purple IMO it needs more

Gasai__Yuno #48 Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postyoyoya2, on 28 March 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

This image is rather ' old ' already,

try to refrain from this kind of content,

in the future however.

But here is more proper image, not as ' old ',

as the one you did dig out from that old topic.

Spoiler

I constantly do add something to my apartment I love.

Piece by piece I build it to be what I am.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno, 28 March 2017 - 02:39 AM.

Sie sind alle falsch.

DokturProfesur #49 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostGasai__Yuno, on 27 March 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Spoiler

Your comments always made me laugh when I'd lurk in the tonks forum. I hope I see you on the high seas, and bring your wit!

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

Asassian7 #50 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:13 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostBiggieD61, on 28 March 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

A year on the tanks forum before he got banned last week, with every single post in that purple, there is no chance he'll stop now. 

Veteran WoT player, Member of MAHOU - NA server.  

Hiroe #51 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postyoyoya2, on 27 March 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

And immediately confronting him like this is an ideal way to facilitate "less cancerous" behavior? That doesn't make any sense. You're just provoking him.

View PostAsassian7, on 27 March 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

oh god hes here as well

Why is that a bad thing?

View Postyoyoya2, on 27 March 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostAsassian7, on 28 March 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

A year on the tanks forum before he got banned last week, with every single post in that purple, there is no chance he'll stop now. 

I mean, so far, you've done much more in this thread that's cancerous than he has. You're only derailing it with provocations and ridiculously dumb remarks.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

"A person hears only what he understands." - Goethe

Hiroe #52 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

It's pretty frickin' odd for these two to complain about "cancer" and then behave in a way that is extremely "cancerous." :thinking:

Oh, they're hypocrites. It all makes sense now.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/yHCutrX.png</a>

Gasai__Yuno #53 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHiroe, on 28 March 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

It's pretty frickin' odd for these two to complain about "cancer" and then behave in a way that is extremely "cancerous." :thinking:

Oh, they're hypocrites. It all makes sense now.

Oh my.... I wonder indeed.

Such is the ' human being ', mostly a failure.

It is a shame, I had  ' Good meanings ' after all.

HOWEVER, there were couple of users with good messages,

Helpful even, from this I thank.

Sie sind alle falsch.

khaenn35 #54 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

I have heard of your reputation, Gasai, but I wish not to judge as you seem pretty decent and nice here (though the purple text is horrid for my phone screen xP) Do try not to repeat whatever you have done that has resulted in the caution or even the wrath that many have on you here. (Including, admittedly, for the caution part, me) This may sound a little arrogant, but please do not disappoint me, like another participant in this thread has with the tirade he has bestowed upon me.

Official Forum Elite Admiral Potato/[edited]  <o 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

I try my best, don't judge me q.q

I am in no way the most reliable source of information nor any expert in the game, but I will try my best and you are free to correct/rebutt me!

Hiroe #55 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postkhaenn35, on 28 March 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

I have heard of your reputation, Gasai, but I wish not to judge as you seem pretty decent and nice here (though the purple text is horrid for my phone screen xP) Do try not to repeat whatever you have done that has resulted in the caution or even the wrath that many have on you here. (Including, admittedly, for the caution part, me) This may sound a little arrogant, but please do not disappoint me, like another participant in this thread has with the tirade he has bestowed upon me.

Hahaha!

khaenn35 #56 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostHiroe, on 28 March 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hahaha!

O.o what's so funny?

Official Forum Elite Admiral Potato/[edited]  <o 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

I try my best, don't judge me q.q

I am in no way the most reliable source of information nor any expert in the game, but I will try my best and you are free to correct/rebutt me!

Hiroe #57 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postkhaenn35, on 28 March 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

O.o what's so funny?

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/INWz6Hi.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/INWz6Hi.png</a>

Gasai__Yuno #58 Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postkhaenn35, on 28 March 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

Oh, ' do not disappoint me ' you know, my friend ?

I will act how my senses and my mind tell me.

This is the only route I follow.

I wish that we can get along.

If we cannot, then that is ' unfortunate ' I think.

View PostAsassian7, on 28 March 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

Even so, ALL of my time there, everything I told was correct.

I see that users miss what I told to them,

so I have been given to know.

But such is the world and such is how it works.

I wish that the time here, will be more peaceful.

I am some what interested from the ' Ships '

Perhaps I can make it work.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno, 28 March 2017 - 09:30 AM.

Sie sind alle falsch.

SireneRacker #59 Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostGasai__Yuno, on 28 March 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Oh my.... I wonder indeed.

Such is the ' human being ', mostly a failure.

It is a shame, I had  ' Good meanings ' after all.

HOWEVER, there were couple of users with good messages,

Helpful even, from this I thank.

The people on this Forum are generally speaking nice people. We don't eat you up just because you are new or ask questions. But it is also possible to seriously annoy the people here to a point where they don't take you seriously. I could name some of the people who are have reached that point and are known as Forum Trolls, but that would be Naming and Shaming unless they get here themselves.

What I would recommend to you would be something about the letters you use. I understand you love for Yuno (though she does not even get close to Esdese) but the use of different letter styles and letter sizes is a bit too much. The Color is okay (certainly better than yellow) but the size makes it a bit unpleasant to read. 

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

yoyoya2 #60 Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostHiroe, on 28 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

And immediately confronting him like this is an ideal way to facilitate "less cancerous" behavior? That doesn't make any sense. You're just provoking him.

I mean, so far, you've done much more in this thread that's cancerous than he has. You're only derailing it with provocations and ridiculously dumb remarks.

Yes total provocations saying that USN DDs are better high teirs than IJN DDs 

Also tagged with Destroyer, new, player, help, knowledge, starter, newbie, introducion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users