Who are we? I'm dying to know.

Survey Research Understanding Average

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Age Stuff. (174 members have cast votes)

How old are you?

1. <15 (5 votes [2.87%])

Percentage of vote: 2.87%

2. 15—19 (32 votes [18.39%])

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

3. 20—24 (19 votes [10.92%])

Percentage of vote: 10.92%

4. 25—29 (15 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

5. 30—34 (6 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

6. 35—39 (15 votes [8.62%])

Percentage of vote: 8.62%

7. 40—44 (10 votes [5.75%])

Percentage of vote: 5.75%

8. 45—49 (16 votes [9.20%])

Percentage of vote: 9.20%

9. 50—54 (14 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

10. 55—59 (18 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

11. 60—64 (12 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

12. 65—69 (10 votes [5.75%])

Percentage of vote: 5.75%

13. 70< (2 votes [1.15%])

Percentage of vote: 1.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Cuesta_Rey #21 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Ensign

• Members

1. Field of work: Retired Executive Manager/Emergency Management Professional

2. Hobby, or free-time activity: Scale Model Building and RC Aircraft Flying 

3. Maybe a major goal or something: Finish reading all the great books of western civilization collection 

4. Preferred ship class: Destroyers

5. Something that annoys you: any nerfs to warships :trollface:

HoIo #22 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 25 March 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Ugh, fine. 

1. Field of work. 

College Student / amateur writer. 

2. Hobbies. 

Everything. I'm not even kidding. If something peaks my interest, I devour it. 

3. Goals.  

Finish my book before graduating (It's already halfway done, so that's looking likely.)

4. Favorite ship class. 

Cruisers. I murder in them.

5. What annoys you most? 

____________________. (In other words, it depends on the situation.) 

See if you're gonna answer 2. like that, then I have to sit here and force you to list everything:P 

And for 5. so you hate the world? What a lovely outlook for a writer, lul.

On another note, I wanted to ask if you've heard of Inkitt? I saw that your book is posted up on another site, but I personally like Inkitt since if enough people like your book, the site's owners and administrators can potentially come up to you and offer a publishing deal. Of course, I'll probably get around to reading your book regardless, when I have time (or when work is slow), and judge you thoroughly and enjoy your work!

Edited by HoIo, 25 March 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Some days are tougher than others, and other days, you land three citadel shots, on an Iowa's rear, with the third turret of the Izumo. 

If you ever need to unwind and untilt, say no more fam: http://imgur.com/a/DsjmH

_Fantomex_ #23 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

1. Student

2. WoWs and anime. I have no life outside of those two.

3. Hahahaha

4. Cruisers

5. Writing forum posts on mobile :/

Becoming Slightly Less of a Potato Every Day (Usually)

Current Goal: All-Time 1,300 WTR and 56% WR

-FOG- Recruitment Officer

Stauffenberg44 #24 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

1. writer

2. wargaming

3. accruing good karma

4. battleships & cruisers

5. willful ignorance

A toast--to our ships at sea !

Jim_Byrnes #25 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

1. Owner Operator Trucking

2. Anime addict Android phone/tablet ROM builder restoring and riding antique motorcycles.

3. School was decades ago... but one goal is helping buttercup snowflakes understand they won't be whinyass everything for free liberals all their lives..

4. German BBs and IJN cruisers! 

5. Hearing Nancy Pelosoids lips flapping nonsense..

Living proof you can have a blast while learning what not to do!

IJN Nagato Fuso Kongo Ishizuchi ARP Kirishima ARP Kongo ARP Hiei ARP Nachi ARP Takao  Mogami Atago Myoko Fujin Shiratsuyu Fubuki

USN Atlanta Farragut German BB Tirpitz Sharnhorst Gneisenau Bismarck CA Prinz Eugen  Russian CA Molotov and Blyskawica

_hat_ #26 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSubTender_Taigei, on 25 March 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Get into UT, 

Tennessee?

If you got a few bad teammates, it's no big deal. If you always get bad teammates, your the bad teammate.    vak_

RivertheRoyal #27 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostHoIo, on 25 March 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

See if you're gonna answer 2. like that, then I have to sit here and force you to list everything:P 

And for 5. so you hate the world? What a lovely outlook for a writer, lul.

On another note, I wanted to ask if you've heard of Inkitt? I saw that your book is posted up on another site, but I personally like Inkitt since if enough people like your book, the site's owners and administrators can potentially come up to you and offer a publishing deal. Of course, I'll probably get around to reading your book regardless, when I have time (or when work is slow), and judge you thoroughly and enjoy your work!

*sigh* Fine, for number two, I can include drawing, archery, horseback riding, guns, writing (obviously), lockpicking, sailing, taking walks, model making, fencing (western and eastern variants included), D&D, reading, forum-sh*t posting, anime, manga (I count them separately), listening to music, playing the bass & cello & piano & violin, a little math, and crazily enough—studying. There are probably other things that I spent months at a time obsessing over, but have since forgotten.   

For number 5, everything annoys me in small amounts. I guess if I had to point out some things that annoy me more, it would be a person not able to see more than one perspective—whether willingly or as a consequence of upbringing.

I have not heard of Inkitt. I will check it out. Though, my story is being put up in weekly installments, and is very likely to end up being quite a bit longer than a typical book. It's already 320 pages long, and isn't likely to end anytime soon. (Pls don't judge me too harshly....)    

Edited by RivertheRoyal, 25 March 2017 - 08:36 PM.

SireneRacker #28 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 25 March 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

For number 5, everything annoys me in small amounts. I guess if I had to point out some things that annoy me more, it would be a person not able to see more than one perspective—whether willingly or as a consequence of upbringing.

Sounds like you have someone in mind...

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

HoIo #29 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 25 March 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

*sigh* Fine, for number two, I can include drawing, archery, horseback riding, guns, writing (obviously), lockpicking, sailing, taking walks, model making, fencing (western and eastern variants included), D&D, reading, forum-sh*t posting, anime, manga (I count them separately), listening to music, playing the bass & cello & piano & violin, a little math, and crazily enough—studying. There are probably other things that I spent months at a time obsessing over, but have since forgotten.   

I have not heard of Inkitt. I will check it out. Though, my story is being put up in weekly installments, and is very likely to end up being quite a bit longer than a typical book. It's already 320 pages long, and isn't likely to end anytime soon. (Pls don't judge me too harshly....)    

*cracks knuckles*

Teehee~ 

On another note, which instruments did you learn in order? I used to play Cello, then I went on to Alto Saxophone and tried to self teach a little bit of piano which never stuck to me... Because I only have your avi, I keep imagining Ryuu playing the bass and cello and it's just...

LUL

Edited by HoIo, 25 March 2017 - 08:48 PM.

Some days are tougher than others, and other days, you land three citadel shots, on an Iowa's rear, with the third turret of the Izumo. 

If you ever need to unwind and untilt, say no more fam: http://imgur.com/a/DsjmH

Malamute_Kid #30 Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

• Members

Well let's see...

1. Field of work. Semi-retired truck driver.  Not working at the moment but if the right gig comes along...

2. I really enjoy MMO's, fishing, hiking, (outdoors in general) and rock and roll from bubble-gum pop to most forms of metal.  The screechy-growly stuff where you can barely, if at all understand the words I find boring but the rest of it I love.

3. I want to walk across the US, do the PCT in one shot, (done it in pieces already but not all at once), same with the A.T..

4. Cruisers mainly, love almost all ships at T4 though.  If I could only play one tier it would be 4 hands down

5.  I promise not to start a political debate here and so will not single anyone out but...

What annoys me the most right now is the current group of jack-holes running the country in Washington D.C.  In my entire life I have never been as embarrassed, depressed, discouraged or cynical with regard to my government than I am at this very moment and that is saying something.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson

FayFay731 #31 Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

• Members

Edited by FayFay731, 25 March 2017 - 09:14 PM.

RivertheRoyal #32 Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostHoIo, on 25 March 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

*cracks knuckles*

Teehee~ 

On another note, which instruments did you learn in order? I used to play Cello, then I went on to Alto Saxophone and tried to self teach a little bit of piano which never stuck to me... Because I only have your avi, I keep imagining Ryuu playing the bass and cello and it's just...

LUL

I went Cello, then Bass, then Piano, then Violin. 

I get the joke about my avatar. However, I myself am an amazonian at 6'2". So, ha. :P

pikohan #33 Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Block Quote

Who are we? I'm dying to know.

I'm actually very curious too, +1 for the thread.

I'm not sure if I'm surprised by how young the demographic is... sometimes I get the sense that there are a lot of older players, but maybe it's only because other games are really skewed to the younger end. It's still very little data so far, but the second age "peak" at 55-59 is also interesting. It looks like a disproportionate number of the survey responses (relative to the polled size of the age group) are students though.

As for the survey:

1. Software engineer
  2. In order of dedication: drawing, LEGO, computers, various other building hobbies like modeling, various video games but mainly this one
  3. Eventually I want to build and design my own car and my own house
  4. BBs, Russian and USN DDs not too far behind
  5. When residue hardens along the edge of like a ketchup bottle or something... just gross

EDIT: I used to care about not giving out my age on the Internet, but NSA already knows I'm 28.

Edited by pikohan, 26 March 2017 - 02:53 AM.

SgtBeltfed #34 Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

1. Field of work: Drafting and Design

2. Hobby, or free-time activity: Miniature wargaming, radio controlled aircraft and working on old cars.

3. Maybe a major goal or something: To find a job that I don't shake my head at least once a day and ask myself "Where did they find these people?"

4. Preferred ship class: Battleships, but I can and will drive anything.

5. Something that annoys you: Lazy People.

HMCS_Devilfish #35 Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Canadian Army 5 years trained as a sniper (Paratrooper) most of my Career spent shooting rifle competitions
Saw lots of action running around playing "Silly Bugger"
Not 1 shot fired in anger

Commercial Diver for making a living  some times it felt like I spent more time underwater than on top

Semi Retired now Ride a Motorcycle for fun ,1800 Goldwing

Enjoy Wows with many games under my belt mostly Cruisers  , just got the Zao and on my 8th game in the ship I accidentally torpd a friendly ,, saw him just thought he was on the other side of the Island ....my bad

IKECVBG #36 Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

Seaman

• Members

1. QC but recently liberated line rat

2. small scale mining

3. own my own mining claim

4. I love all the classes, CA/CL just happen to be more prevalent than the others

5. LAG. Freakin' lag...

Gold! It look good on ya!

(yeah, I aint gud yet...)

bigalow87 #37 Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

1. Civil Engineer

2. Collecting gemstones

3. Nothing really at the moment...

4. No particular class, but I enjoy playing the "bad" ships. Mikasa, yubari, Smith, Indianapolis. Ishizuchi, ect. I enjoy the challenge these ships present...(cant bring myself to play the Krasny Krym though...*shudders*)

5. What really annoys me? "Don't worry, I'm just gonna "scout" A..."

Murotsu #38 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

1. Retired, twice.

2. I have a wide variety of interests.

3. Building two custom homes at the moment.

4. I'm partial to cruisers.

5. I'll leave this go as it's best not to dwell on the negative.

HoIo #39 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 25 March 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

I went Cello, then Bass, then Piano, then Violin. 

I get the joke about my avatar. However, I myself am an amazonian at 6'2". So, ha. :P

I'm 5'11"... and 1/2

What sizes are the Cello/Bass/Violin? I assume full size, since you know.... Amazonian. :P

MotorheadEddie #40 Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 25 March 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

I want to get a general idea of the sorts of people here on the forum. A diversity survey, if you will, so that we all have a better idea as to the average population.  

So, just answer the poll as the top, and maybe these questions: 

1. Field of work. (Job, student, retired, etc.)

2. Hobby, or free-time activity. 

3. Maybe a major goal or something. 

4. Preferred ship class.

5. Something that annoys you.

Please, keep this poll nice and clean. I want to be able to use the findings as a reference in the future.   

1. Factory worker putting together Vacuum Cleaners

2. WOWS , For Honor (I joined the Vikings), Playing electric guitar on a huge amp blasting the whole house >:D just look up the guitar solo scene from Cheech and Chong's next movie (1979) to get a rough idea, and finally listening to George Carlin.

3. I gave up smoking Tobacco a year ago, I used to chain smoke 2 packs of Marlboro Long 100's a day, and smoked full size cigars for roughly 9 years.

4. anything USA, Japanese, or German.

5. Taxes!

Disclaimer to toxic players: Not everyone is a pro-MLG gamer, so stop pretending you are and go nerd rage somewhere else. Better yet, return to your foul realm of World of Tanks, and/or Call of Duty. -Signed EVERYONE

Also tagged with Survey, Research, Understanding, Average

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users