Jump to content


Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #1 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

    Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 11,958
  • Member since:
    05-25-2014

This is a thread I intend to keep updated regarding results screens and possible replays wherein I play the Japanese torpedo boats as torpedo boats, with minimal gun usage. This is largely in response to the recent improvements Japanese destroyer guns received, followed by 0.6.3's heavy-handed nerfing of concealment while using guns, which makes them a complete waste of space on my deck.

 

So I am starting a little campaign against the battleship players who complained so very hard and got their wish. My Yamato is benched. The only tier 10 I play from now on is Shimakaze and the fewer times I fire my guns, the better.

 

My goal is not to win. My goal is to cause as much torpedo damage to battleships (and I suppose cruisers) as possible.

 

 

Love the torpedo. Live the Torpedo.

 

Spoiler

 


 Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works


The_first_harbinger #2 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,268
  • Member since:
    10-28-2015

TORPEDOES!

Just kidding. Enjoy the clueless straight line seals!


"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

 


SireneRacker #3 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,573
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015
IJN Torp Nerfs incoming...

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

 

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.


Canadatron #4 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,076
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

And with that "buffed flooding" that WG has applied....

 

Only reason Khab is 24k damage higher than all the other T10 DD is simple. It has the best torps. 


-={FOG}=- Community Member

centarina #5 Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Members

  • 7,077
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostCanadatron, on 25 March 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

And with that "buffed flooding" that WG has applied....

 

Only reason Khab is 24k damage higher than all the other T10 DD is simple. It has the best torps. 

 

khaba need more buffs.     with new dispersion bonus,  might be worth going stealth module instead of rudder  :D

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

             VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato


awildseaking #6 Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 985
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostCanadatron, on 25 March 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

And with that "buffed flooding" that WG has applied....

 

Only reason Khab is 24k damage higher than all the other T10 DD is simple. It has the best torps. 

 

While I doubt it was your intention, Khab actually has stealthier torps than Shima. So for all we know, its criminally underrated torpedoes may be a part of its success as well.

 

I like this idea of spamming torpedoes as punishment though. Maybe WG will remove IJN DD outright next update. Of course, while leaving torpedoes on USN/KM/VMF/RN untouched.


Edited by awildseaking, 25 March 2017 - 06:38 PM.


Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #7 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

    Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 11,958
  • Member since:
    05-25-2014

View PostCanadatron, on 25 March 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

And with that "buffed flooding" that WG has applied....

 

Only reason Khab is 24k damage higher than all the other T10 DD is simple. It has the best torps. 

 

Yeah no, I get so little flooding damage in IJN torpedo boats largely because their torpedoes also do a bunch of straight up alpha damage. And the few times I do get flooding without killing the target, they instantly repair it.

 

Flooding buff on IJN torpedoes will have 0 effect on them for these reasons.

 

But that's fine, I do 19k a hit with these things. I don't need flooding, I only need to hit once to equal my own HP in damage.


 Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works


Grizley #8 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 4,035
  • Member since:
    12-08-2013

I do something similar, when there are T10 CVs in queue I always drop queue and come back in my Des Moines.  The objective isn't so much to do a ton of damage, though it happens, the objective is to shoot down 60+ aircraft and make the CV player switch to a real ship out of frustration.

 

I'll join your torpeedus campaign, but I'll be using the Gearing and Fletcher.  :trollface:

 

Oh and the Khabs torps?  The only real problems with them are the slow speed and short range, low damage I guess too, but they still do some damage.  You never really willingly go within 10km of an enemy ship, and ideally not even 12km.  10km detection range isn't even good for a cruiser so your defense is not being hit and running up 2 million potential damage for your team.  When you are forced inside 10km the torpedos can be extremely effective if only because people don't fear the Khabs torps.  If they spot a Shima, they're turning.  If they spot a Khab the last thing on their mind is torps, even if they happen to be at 9.9km.


Shadilay!

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #9 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 11,958
  • Member since:
    05-25-2014

View PostGrizley, on 25 March 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'll join your torpeedus campaign, but I'll be using the Gearing and Fletcher.  :trollface:

 

Feel free to post relevant torpedo-heavy screens and replays then. That goes for everyone who wants to join me in showing our displeasure to the Great Battleship Overlords.


 Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works


jagerkuro #10 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 100
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 25 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

 

Enjoy the clueless straight line seals

Been seeing a lot of these around tiers 7 and 8 recently. they've made the kagero grind quite nice.



jagerkuro #11 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 100
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 25 March 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

 

Feel free to post relevant torpedo-heavy screens and replays then. That goes for everyone who wants to join me in showing our displeasure to the Great Battleship Overlords.

 

will do that. Similarly in IJN destroyers.

Steelgunner4104 #12 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 76
  • Member since:
    02-15-2013
Spite-induced or not, I can get behind a torpedoboating thread. Permission to join with my German destroyers? :3

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future,

The sheltering wings of the protector.

The flames of hatred scorch the skies,

Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...


Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #13 Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

    Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 11,958
  • Member since:
    05-25-2014

View PostSteelgunner4104, on 25 March 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Spite-induced or not, I can get behind a torpedoboating thread. Permission to join with my German destroyers? :3

 

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 25 March 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Feel free to post relevant torpedo-heavy screens and replays then. That goes for everyone who wants to join me in showing our displeasure to the Great Battleship Overlords.

 

See quote. Also--

 

 

I goofed and the last 5 seconds was supposed to be the results screen. Oh well, live and learn for next time.


Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo, 25 March 2017 - 11:37 PM.

 Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works


RogueFlameHaze #14 Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 9,931
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postawildseaking, on 25 March 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

While I doubt it was your intention, Khab actually has stealthier torps than Shima. So for all we know, its criminally underrated torpedoes may be a part of its success as well.

 

I like this idea of spamming torpedoes as punishment though. Maybe WG will remove IJN DD outright next update. Of course, while leaving torpedoes on USN/KM/VMF/RN untouched.

 

wait, we arent suposed to go stealth build and use khab's torps? Someone didnt give me this memo...

[-K-] Kraken

 

Newest video- Opinions Changed - World of Warships: Z-46 Gameplay

https://www.youtube....h?v=a3I15PFgccQ


taut #15 Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

    Admiral of the Navy

  • Members

  • 16,312
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

Kiyo

 

Torp Damage :) 

 

Nazi Torp damage at that. Didn't specify "torp damage only" it just ended up being most effective.

 

Good luck on your quest, tho... I like Shimas guns.


 

 


1nv4d3rZ1m #16 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

    Vice Admiral

  • Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

  • 9,354
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostCanadatron, on 25 March 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

And with that "buffed flooding" that WG has applied....

 

Only reason Khab is 24k damage higher than all the other T10 DD is simple. It has the best torps. 

Top kek

 

The reason why the khab has high damages is that it constantly does damage all game long with its guns. Torps are a weapon of opportunity in that ship to be used if an opportunity presents itself while you are keeping your guns warm. But what do I know, who needs to actually have a khab to know what makes it click...



DedPan #17 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:07 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 379
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Posted Image

 

Last game in my Gaede before I researched the Maass.  She went out on a high note.



Cruiser_Chicago #18 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 617
  • Member since:
    07-07-2015
Spoiler

 

When you shoot enough torpedoes, eventually some of them will hit. Fletcher's Torpedo Delivery Service never fails to disappoint. :trollface:



Aetreus #19 Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester

  • 1,948
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
I remember everyone saying that IJN DD torpedo nerfs were "fine" because the stealth fire from "good IJN gun arcs" would compensate for it. This was nonsense then, IJN gun arcs are actually almost as bad as USN gun arcs and the damage dealt is pathetic, combined with terrible gun handling and the possibility of a DD encounter the IJN DD will always lose. It's now extra nonsense, because there's going to be no stealth fire at all, and IJN DD's slow speed will ensure that it's totally impossible to safely fire their guns.

yashma #20 Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,601
  • Member since:
    08-27-2016

View PostGrizley, on 25 March 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I do something similar, when there are T10 CVs in queue I always drop queue and come back in my Des Moines.  The objective isn't so much to do a ton of damage, though it happens, the objective is to shoot down 60+ aircraft and make the CV player switch to a real ship out of frustration.

 

I'll join your torpeedus campaign, but I'll be using the Gearing and Fletcher.  :trollface:

 

Oh and the Khabs torps?  The only real problems with them are the slow speed and short range, low damage I guess too, but they still do some damage.  You never really willingly go within 10km of an enemy ship, and ideally not even 12km.  10km detection range isn't even good for a cruiser so your defense is not being hit and running up 2 million potential damage for your team.  When you are forced inside 10km the torpedos can be extremely effective if only because people don't fear the Khabs torps.  If they spot a Shima, they're turning.  If they spot a Khab the last thing on their mind is torps, even if they happen to be at 9.9km.

Well to be fair it seems that many people forget the Khabarovsk has torps, and they can actually take people by surprise from time to time.  

 

View Post1nv4d3rZ1m, on 25 March 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Top kek

 

The reason why the khab has high damages is that it constantly does damage all game long with its guns. Torps are a weapon of opportunity in that ship to be used if an opportunity presents itself while you are keeping your guns warm. But what do I know, who needs to actually have a khab to know what makes it click...

I thought, hoped, that his post was sarcasm....


Edited by yashma, 26 March 2017 - 02:17 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users