I ranked out on all 5 servers this season. These are my observations.

ranked north america europe southeast asia china nagato scharnhorst

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

generaldort #1 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

POPULAR

Sup playas,

Ranked is a pain, but it can sure be a lot of fun.  I wouldn't have got rank 1 on ever server if I didn't think it was fun.  You get to go off on your own which brings an odd type of violent-peace with it.  It's a good time to clear my head, dev strike fools, and of course, talk smack.  The game can get boring for me sometimes because we don't have any in game team play options beyond a regular division.  So I took to the different continents for entertainment and to see if NA was truly the highest skill server on the planet.  Here's what I found by server and the total amount of games played + win rate this season:

NA: 103 Games/63% Win Rate:  We have hands down the highest skilled individual players here.  Teams of 3-5 DDs, 1-2 Cruisers, and minimal Battleships.  Lots of WASD movement and players who are difficult to hit.  The problem is our team play isn't as good as some other servers and the "pub stars" get steamrolled relatively easily.  Luckily, we all speak the same language so communicating to fix bad strategy is relatively easy.

EU: 130 Games/62% Win Rate:  Teams of 1-4 DDs, 1-2 Cruisers, 3-4 Battleships.  Players here are decent but don't possess the individual skill that NA has.  They are easier to hit and don't WASD as much.  They do however have the best team play techniques of any server I have seen which makes up for their overall individual skill shortfalls. Also, this server has the most toxic chat in the world (which should mean a lot to you all coming from me).  These people make me feel like I'm somewhere in Southern Alabama circa 1925, I'm at the dinner table, and my dad slapped my mom because the fried chicken wasn't crispy enough.  Overall a fun experience though.

RU: 161 Games/ 63% Win Rate:  Teams of 1 DD, 1 Cruiser, and 5 Battleships.  This is the land of vodka, heavy ships, and extra stars.  Yes you heard me right.  It takes an extra star per rank to get out of there.  Seeing 6 stars instead of 5 in the premier bracket will make you want to suck start a Yamato main gun.  These people can't be bothered with puny ships smaller than 30,000 tons.  They will sit still broadside to you until you punish them for it.  Only then will they take you seriously and move.  Barely any of them speak English but they are decent team players if you ping the map a lot to get your point across.  Russians are VERY entertaining people however.  They are a highly energetic bunch on twitch and come out of the woodwork if they find out you are playing on their server.  Have google translate ready.

SEA: 199 Games/55% Win Rate: Teams of 1-3 DDs, 4-5 ARP Cruisers, 1 Battleship.  This is what I like to call the "sorry" server.  Every single person that dies says sorry in chat.  Nothing is more infuriating than losing 4 ships in 4 minutes and seeing "DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry, DEVASTATING STRIKE, sorry" in red and green looking like a giant Christmas tree of shame in the chat box.  This is the worst server I have been on both in terms of individual gameplay and team efforts.  Everyone speaks a different language so I assume that's partly to blame.  Teams never go together anywhere and almost always split.  You'll see the random Scharnhorst go down the 10 line on North playing Microsoft Yacht Simulator while you're in the prison shower trying to shoo away Nasty Nate and Squirrel Mastah around A.  Your attempts to communicate with him will be futile since he looks at English like we look at ancient Egyptian.  The Australians are the most fun people to play with here.  Everyone else is suspect.  Sorry, I'm still salty AF about these people and their Arpeggio ways.

CHINA: 180 Games?/Unknown Win Rate:  1-3 DDs, 3-4 Cruisers, 2-4 Battleships.  I'd like to tell you more about my stats there but I don't read Chinese.  Life beyond "The Great Firewall" is amazing.  All national flags and emblems are stripped from vessels.  Japanese ships are also renamed after animals because the Chinese are still pretty salty about WWII.  Also, you're not allowed to talk bad about the government so stay away from doing that unless you want the boot.  This server is chalked full of bots and aim hacks.  The bots are easy to spot and fun to farm but get annoying if they're on your team.  If you break into the rank 10 bracket, then you generally escape them, but then you run into the "warpackers".  They have aiming hacks which allow them to score more hits, see in smoke, and dodge shells.  The problem with that is....the players still suck and have no map or situational awareness.  So they get wrecked anyway.  Also, what good is am aim hack if everyone is constantly wiggling their ships?  The sad part is, in China, hackers are celebrated and not shamed like in America.  Players rally around them to seek a carry.  The great part about this server is the fans.  They LOVE Americans.  Or at least me for some reason.  This website is hilarious https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5009306799?pn=1.  I get non stop messages and invites in game like I have never got on any other server.  They also flood into the twitch channel in droves to show their support.  These are the most fun people I've ever played with in ships.  That server is like the wild west in all its lawless glory.  ChairmanDort will return!

Here are some general things I've realized on my journey:

1. I have no life.

2. Ranked is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid.

3. Battleships can carry, but the skill ceiling is high.

4. Play to win until your only DD dies, then play to save the star.

5. Don't speak ill of the communist party on the Chinese server.

6. You can't smack talk on the Russian server.  They just look at you funny.

7. Google translate is your enemy, not your friend.  So find a loyal translator who can help you navigate through the chat mayhem.  Case in point: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5009306799?pn=1  look how Google translate shows how the Chinese talk about me and have a good laugh.

8. The Sims will save its star after doing 1k dmg and getting a cap.

9. EU has the most toxic chat, SEA has the nicest.

10. Foreigners like German ships way too much.

11. Learn to use a scout plane to slap Belfasts and Fijis in smoke.  Teach them the lesson they deserve.

I hope this was insightful.  I sure had a good time.  I appreciate everyone's support on twitch, my OPG clan mates for dealing with my prolonged absence from normal duties, and my boy big_cabb from NADO!

I look forward to seeing your reactions and/or trolling posts.  I love trolling posts.

xoxoxoxoxo,

generaldort aka ChairmanDort aka 580th best BB NA

pikohan #2 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Fun read, especially about Russia and China; thanks for sharing and have an upvote :honoring:

RipNuN2 #3 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Commander

• Members

Neat observations, thanks for sharing.

Seagrizzly #4 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

I just don't get what I am doing wrong, or I am incredibly unlucky.  I played the Fiji for most of the matches and had a good run of games where even though I was not getting wins I was getting stars.  I have the highest damage per match in our clan in ranked yet my win ratio is lower than most.  I am almost always the last guy in match doing a avarage of at least 50k damage but for all my trying I got to 5 in like 250 games.  Tell me what I am doing wrong?  It seems to me its way to easy for a dd to go in get a cap point and then pee on something to save their star mean while I do a crapload of damage kill 2 things and lose a star.

bitwiser #5 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

LOL great post.

Cruxdei #6 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

so a average player here fares better against a EU common chap in a duel but lose in team work.

looks balanced.

hofmannsc #7 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Why should you be trolled? Good on you for ranking out on all servers. I like your twitch thing too- Loooose! Got'em coach :)

_Big_Lou_ #8 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Which ships did you use on the servers?

KiwiColdbeer #9 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

That's some serious commitment there....

Interesting to see that the SEA server is still the same as it was when I left it some 12 months or so ago.

Even divisioning up with my Aussie and Kiwi Clan mates there was not usually enough to overcome the terribad teamwork overall.

Most of them would come to NA in a heartbeat.......if the didn't have to start from the beginning again.

dark.png

"I am not as GREEN as I am CABBAGE looking"

MajorRenegade #10 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

what is this hacks you speak of? got any proof?

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

chaoqwe #11 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Haha, I've been reading those Chinese comments in your link.

These people are totally proud of you and they know how poisonous their server is. Although they enjoy more seeing you got mad on mates and the server in general.

BTW, people make fun of their government even in the link you shared, but 'foreigners' won't understand the meaning of those seemingly non-sense stuff.

Edited by chaoqwe, 22 March 2017 - 10:06 PM.

Carrier_Ikoma #12 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

The Balance devs are seeking

Mesrith #13 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Commander

• Members
  • Beta Testers

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

GORDONYZ #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

Seaman

• Members

Love your comments about Chinese server

国服的评论写得太好了。一个美国人,180场就能有这么多感悟,真是厉害!:great:

Edited by GORDONYZ, 22 March 2017 - 10:07 PM.

HazeGrayUnderway #15 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Thanks for the entertaining read, OP.

It further shows that each of the servers have their own quirks.  The saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" applies.

In other MMOs I've played I always did enjoy an international aspect with different people.  Too bad we can't all blow each other away on the same server in WoWS.

BlailBlerg #16 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Gods that was hilarious.  
Poor SEA and China is so weird.  that's just funny.  That EU toxic is very interesting too.  

Was there much counterplay to Russian piloted mass BBs?  Or was it really like a bleak future of world of BBs? 

Robinhood_ #17 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Nice read, and yes you have no life..I wish I had ur life.

SweetRollThief #18 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

"I am your father and i will be there for you whenever you need me. Also... torpedos"

Congrats on completing an insane ranked run.

Wulfgarn #19 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Great read, I enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!

View PostMajorRenegade, on 22 March 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

what is this hacks you speak of? got any proof?

I posted one a few weeks ago and got a warning point for it...

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

generaldort #20 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSeagrizzly, on 22 March 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

I just don't get what I am doing wrong, or I am incredibly unlucky.  I played the Fiji for most of the matches and had a good run of games where even though I was not getting wins I was getting stars.  I have the highest damage per match in our clan in ranked yet my win ratio is lower than most.  I am almost always the last guy in match doing a avarage of at least 50k damage but for all my trying I got to 5 in like 250 games.  Tell me what I am doing wrong?  It seems to me its way to easy for a dd to go in get a cap point and then pee on something to save their star mean while I do a crapload of damage kill 2 things and lose a star.

Yea it's tough in a cruiser.  You just can't carry as hard.  That's the life of a support ship I guess; you are effective only if you have competent support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users