For events that occurred on Saturday, March 18, 2017

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Fog_Carrier_Essex #41 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostVas79, on 21 March 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Let the record show Mrs Vas doesn't play boats, smart phone games are more her thing.

:hmm:

Lead ship of the Essex-class fleet carriers, the largest class of capital ships and backbone of US Navy combat strength during WWII.
​Home to Air Group 15, the "Fabled Fifteen," the most decorated American air unit of WWII, with the most fighter aces.

Fmortera #42 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

Ok, since the staff have a completely contemptuous treatment against the Latin American people, the Fuerza Armada Latina Oranizada team withdraws from the tournament that clearly discriminates against anyone who does not live in North America, as Latinos we will not tolerate this type of deal. As staff are obliged to notify these changes, above when we ask for the solution to this on Saturday we receive a response by the staff.

Not all countries have the habit of changing schedules, but I repeat, we will not tolerate the attitude they have against people who do not live in North America.

Vas79 #43 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

All 4 teams who were late were treated the same, only 2 of which were Latin. 

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

WarShip Supremacy League Co Founder - Admin

https://www.warships...macyleague.com/

AidenDark #44 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

Seaman

• Members

I live in Korea currently and make the matches. There is no daylight saving in Korea. Yes I'm American, but it's not like we all inherently know when daylight savings time is, and generally rely on our phone clocks updating so we stay on time.

That being said I don't have that as an option here and just make sure I keep track of eastern time so I don't miss out on things. It's common sense to pay attention to proper times when dealing with other time zones. That's true both with US time zones as it is European or south American. If you have to do business in those time zones make sure you're on time.

You insist it was the leagues responsibility to inform you of a change that happens twice a year in the time zone the league is set? Why? You are playing  (doing business) in that time zone, it's your responsibility. Do your businesses that do business with US companies complain about missing meetings with US companies because "they didn't know"? I some how doubt it, I'm sure they're aware of the fact that they're both in two separate time zones and plan accordingly.

Fog_Carrier_Essex #45 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFmortera, on 21 March 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Ok, since the staff have a completely contemptuous treatment against the Latin American people, the Fuerza Armada Latina Oranizada team withdraws from the tournament that clearly discriminates against anyone who does not live in North America, as Latinos we will not tolerate this type of deal. As staff are obliged to notify these changes, above when we ask for the solution to this on Saturday we receive a response by the staff.

Not all countries have the habit of changing schedules, but I repeat, we will not tolerate the attitude they have against people who do not live in North America.

To be fair, you were treated like anyone else. If anything, giving you special treatment would be an exception. Consider it a lesson when dealing with people from other time zones, especially if they're the ones running the show.

Lead ship of the Essex-class fleet carriers, the largest class of capital ships and backbone of US Navy combat strength during WWII.
​Home to Air Group 15, the "Fabled Fifteen," the most decorated American air unit of WWII, with the most fighter aces.

IMAwesomo #46 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Agree, if you are going to change the date of a battle, you need to notify the teams, it is unfair to lose by your mistakes.
 you are supposed to guarante fairness in the tournament

Edited by IMAwesomo, 22 March 2017 - 02:35 AM.

Macabe #47 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:02 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostIMAwesomo, on 21 March 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Agree, if you are going to change the date of a battle, you need to notify the teams, it is unfair to lose by your mistakes.
 you are supposed to guarante fairness in the tournament

We didn't change anything. The issue is a group looking for special treatment and we're quite frankly not going to supply such treatment. 

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

RHINO_Mk_II #48 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Frankly, none of the regular season matters since all divisions have 8 teams or less, everyone will make it to playoffs.

Ranked Season 43rd place (70.23% wins) of 3550 players | Ranked Season 53rd place (72.73% wins) of 3484 players | Ranked Season 61st place (79.03% wins) of 4323 players

Supremacy League Season 21st place | Supremacy League Season 3 Gold Division1st place

Cruiser_TakaoKai #49 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:13 AM

Seaman

• Members

Just an FYI, ANZAC didn't forfeit. We agreed to play against them even though they were late

Carrier_ZuikakuKai #50 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I'll put this straight: If you are working from home, and you missed your work schedule because your boss didn't tell you daylight saving is over, will you put the same attitude in and hope he won't fire you? This will not happen because no matter what it is your job to follow up your own schedule, ain't anyone will be covering up for you because it is your responsibility on checking the hours, if someone did it then that is his kindness, he isn't responsible to help you at all. I do understand the frustration of losing a week under the change of timezone, but on the other hand does it really matter to you and your team that much that you need to withdraw the league? Might be so but I'd say it's a childish move because all teams in bronze will be in the final playoffs for sure (Quoting on Rhino above). throwing your chance to get prizes because of a single issue just isn't smart.

Disclaimer: I am not helping either side, but from what I see this post is unnecessary and yet setting up inflammatory argument for the public, which doesn't help on improving the situation in any way. Keep the discussion in a professional way please.

KNTAI THE REGULAR [KNTAI-TR] TEAM LEADER

COMBAT OFFICER OF KNTAI

2k14sneaky #51 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCrosys, on 21 March 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

And you did notified those clans members based outside north america that they had to be 1 hour before normal schedule in order to be on time to the matches, right?... Because I don't think that they also know about the time change, or even aware that the time change occur

Yes, you are right, the rules are set at 9pm est... but you live on a region when 9pm is changing time every 3 or 4 months, Advancing 1 hour or retreating 1 hour, while in the rest of the world stays the same... and you expect me to have the habit of be checking the clock every 3 moths to see if I have the same time as you do? see the dilema, that's what atypical to us, maybe you do it on daily bases, maybe you are already used to it because it's part of the region custom, but it is not ours, therefore a little notification in advance is well appreciated, but that did not happen.

Yes we notified them and also we have clocks for different timezones on our clan's event page so even if we participate in an event held by another server  we can kepp track of the time there.

here is a glance of the top of our clans event page https://puu.sh/uUcAX...uu.sh/uUcAX.png

2k14sneaky #52 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Also another thing i noted, wargaming does all its posts on events using PT and ET including updates and competitions, so how do latin americas keep track of such??if the whole server is running on PT/ET times why dont you have an ET/PT clock?? 

Are your Latin clans gonna complain when ranked ends earlier than u expect??

Also Vas/Macabe can you confirm if its official they are out of the league?we face them this weekend and i dont want them to go back on their decision without informing us, 

SeaRaptor00 #53 Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

View PostFmortera, on 21 March 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

As staff are obliged to notify these changes, above when we ask for the solution to this on Saturday we receive a response by the staff.

League staff aren't "obliged" to notify anyone.  That's the entire problem here.  You aren't accepting responsibility for your own failure to monitor the time zones.  

The sad part is that one loss isn't going to make or break a season; you could just as easily have played it out and won your division in spite of this, and chalked it up as a lesson learned.  Instead, you've chosen to wear the mantle of victim rather than shrug it off and move on with life.

View PostFmortera, on 21 March 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

...we will not tolerate the attitude they have against people who do not live in North America.

If there was any such attitude, you would have been denied entry into the league to begin with.  I guess, though, this narrative fits your persecution complex better.

Best of luck to you fellas.  

Latest World of Warships Wiki Updates -- My Talk page -- My YouTube channel

"Wiki editors do the Lord's work." --Pigeon_of_War @ WGNA

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg and Official Scrub of Task Force Apocalypse (Salt Queens)

Nachoo31 #54 Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

The first couple of post, people do not freaking read.   Some areas don't do Daylight savings.  There was no heads up.  

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

Have you clicked on the picture in my profile?  Enjoy!

http://na.warshipsto...836912/dark.png

Carrier_Zuiho #55 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Why not use gmt or utc next time? I can agree with both sides overall, but i think a static time reference should be used to not have these problems in the future. What do you think vas?

Macabe #56 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View Post2k14sneaky, on 22 March 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

Also another thing i noted, wargaming does all its posts on events using PT and ET including updates and competitions, so how do latin americas keep track of such??if the whole server is running on PT/ET times why dont you have an ET/PT clock?? 

Are your Latin clans gonna complain when ranked ends earlier than u expect??

Also Vas/Macabe can you confirm if its official they are out of the league?we face them this weekend and i dont want them to go back on their decision without informing us, 

They withdrew themselves. You'll be getting a bye.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

SergeantHop #57 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostDucati_Black, on 21 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Ah, thank you for the clarification. 

An aside related to this, but a more accurate clarification is as follows:

Latino/Latina is an adjective, not a noun. In Spanish, adjectives follow the gender of the word they're describing, in this case Armada. As Armada is feminine, the adjective is of the feminine form, hence Latina. In the case of where Latina refers to a girl of Latin American descent, the noun being described is implied, not explicitly stated.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

FreebirdTHB #58 Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

So late teams forfeited?  Good to know.  I'll be expecting a change to the results screen...thanks

Vas79 #59 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

@Free, 

That is specific to the four teams out of time zone.  I believe ANZAC actually had their matches played out, FDC, FALO and GULBI all took a forfeit.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

WarShip Supremacy League Co Founder - Admin

https://www.warships...macyleague.com/

DujekOnearm #60 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCarrier_Zuiho, on 22 March 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Why not use gmt or utc next time? I can agree with both sides overall, but i think a static time reference should be used to not have these problems in the future. What do you think vas?

Is it possible to consider zuiho's idea for future seasons? I think it will help to avoid all this drama regarding time zones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users